Server Problems, Post Here!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by chickeneer, Nov 3, 2014.

1. If it kicks you saying it's a internal error. Then yes, there is a serious issue, it could lead to more problems. It is best to fix it now than say "DON'T DO THAT IT WILL KICK YOU" of course reverse psychology and people will complain.
    IamTheNub likes this.
  2. They should probably fix /games then too.

It doesn't mention anything about an internal error. It just says you can't be connected to more than one server at a time. Also, when you can see an error, that is usually 100x better than not seeing an error.
    IamTheNub likes this.
  3. Right I know, but of course one thing at a time. /ps is broken and now I assume there is a bug with /[tab]
    IamTheNub likes this.
  4. Sorry, but they clearly givr you the option to do it or not, and say that when you accept for the second time, you will be kicked. That's completely different than what the other people are talking about.
  5. Yes, I believe this is a serious issue because it will be confusing for new players who think they can simply type /(insert command) then press tab, they'll get kicked and may never come back to the server. Also, found this out, /p doesn't work with tab, though you don't get kicked when you use this.
    IamTheNub likes this.
  6. I'm currently getting a "Failed to login: The authentication servers are down for maintenence", would I be the only one?
  7. The only server problem I know of atm would be that we're still 1.8
    FoxyRavenger and IronDoesPvp like this.
  8. The forums are acting very strange. There's a trump slogan at the top, signatures are becoming trump, and the website link says website-hacked-by-donald-trump-not-a-virus, and the forums keep turning dark. Its annoying :/
    TomvanWijnen and NathanRP like this.
  9. RIP world until 12:01 AM 4/2/16 :p
    Kytula likes this.
  10. What date is it today? :p
    I don't seem to get that. Should be fixed.

Tip: You can check the statuses of the Minecraft services right here
  11. Just going to complain here because why not; the forums are ridiculously slow to load on my phone when I scroll up. So I go to a page through my alerts, read stuff, then scroll up completely, but it stays black there for like a solid second. Pretty sure this has to do with the messed up site.

Also, when zooming in and then zooming out again, most of the site is blank, and slowly "rebuilds" itself, which is really odd...
    Seanawesome14 likes this.
  12. Aikar, in the livestream, you said that you fiddled with the code of the forums... and some things broke. Then, you went to bed, so maybe some of the other developers could fiddle with the code.

Perhaps some of these problems are client side, but some other people are also experiencing this.

The problems:
    The forums aren't working correctly.
    1. When hovering over numbers, post buttons, and any other buttons, they normally highlight themselves. This isn't happening.
    2. The reply button (quoting) for doesn't work.
    You can edit my post if some of them are wrong or you can delete it if it's completely client side....
    IamTheNub, 607 and AyanamiKun like this.
  13. im with tj up there: something defo broke horribly :( i can no longer use smileys, i dont see my alerts and if i click some1's name to go to their profile i see this:

#aikarbrokeit? ^.^
    IamTheNub and Sachrock like this.
  14. Yeah i also get this

IamTheNub and TomvanWijnen like this.
  15. The problems we're having at the moment:
    the "Reply" button doesn't work.
    The alerts and inbox tabs don't open when hovered.
    Other tabs stay opened when unhovered.
    Clicking a name in the Find Member box puts a comma and a space after the name, as if pm'ing, which makes the search not work.
    The comment button on profiles doesn't work.

Those are quite some problems! :eek: Especially the comment button is crucial, as I don't know how to comment on posts now...
  16. I'm also having problems looking at drop downs, and I can't quote people's posts - luckily for me, though, I can now actually post from Google Chrome because my text box is back :p
    TomvanWijnen and ShelLuser like this.
  17. Disclaimer: all the credit for this discovery goes to TomvanWijnen and 607. Tom demonstrated in a recent post that you can still quote people as normal (he was inspired by 607) and Tom's post immediately made me realize the obvious.

So yeah: if you need to comment on someone's profile or you want to reply to a post and quote the original author then hover your mouse over the link which you'd normally click, but instead of clicking right click and select "Copy link address" (or any other related option which copies the URL to your clipboard).

Now paste the URL into your browser, hit enter and presto: you can quote, you can comment on people's profiles, the works. It may look a little bit different but for now it is an ideal work around.

Thanks Tom and 607!
    IamTheNub, 607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  18. undefined

LOL, that ^ is what I got when clicking on reply on my phone :p

Well, I'll tell the whole story :p:

I first thought "hmm, why don't I copy the quoting thing from an old post, and then put in the post number by hovering over the "post in thread" number, and then copy/paste the new post in it, and end off with a [./quote .]", which worked perfectly, but took a little extra time. 607 then said "this" worked well, and said he could also reply on profile comments. This made me immediately try out posting on profile comments, but this still didn't work. Then I thought "ohhh yeah, we can right click the thing you want to do (i.e. reply, post on profile comment), and click "open in new tab". This worked perfectly, and only takes about 0.5 extra seconds. :) (unless you want to quote multiple people)

Credits go to the combination of 607 and me :p

*I made this post on entirely on my phone, it was great lol*
    IamTheNub, 607 and ShelLuser like this.
  19. Recently on smp6 the /map wouldnt load in at all, it was all black. And I have been getting really bad lag on smp6 to. Ik its not my internet connection because I never lag on anything else and I have god internet. So idk what the lagging is about :/
    IamTheNub likes this.
  20. Yeah, its what I get all the time whenever I try to use a specific smiley. I know some of them but not all the "command smileys" (the ones between colons). Oh well ;)

You never make it easy for me, do you? ;)

Well, fortunately for me the edit option still works so I could update my post with ease. Now it features both of you :)
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.