Rules Updates: August 11, 2018

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Perfectly worded, Skele :)
    ConductorConduit likes this.
  2. How long it's been in effect for matters because the change has potential. It has potential to do good and it has the potential to do bad. We won't know for sure until we give it a chance. I was one of the people who struck it down initially, but after reading discussion about it I've decided to be a little more open minded about it. If the change legitimately does start causing problems, it can be amended. But for now, anything that happens is still left up to speculation
  3. Totally confused by the last sentence in your first paragraph.

I see players upset yes, but that happens with every change. Every update thread and every change goes like this. There isn't yet enough time passed to see the change's effects and therefore players haven't seen the positive aspects. I'm not turning a blind eye. I'm simply waiting it out. If changes are needed after, then we may make those changes. If they aren't, then we won't. We aren't going to change the plan before it's even had a chance to prove itself. It's been a mere 14 hours. You can't expect a long term solution to right itself that quickly.
  4. Lets hope it gets amended, as there's quite a few irritated people.
  5. I don't see the new changes to the Auctions Forums is much of a bad thing honestly.
    Will some players be upset with these new implements yes. Will there be some who defend this new rule change yes. Its all just to make things much more organized and balanced. That's how I see it.
    Kryarias likes this.
  6. I agree with you Skele.
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  7. My last paragraph basically meant that I am not afraid of being banned or ostracized. If more people weren't afraid, you'd have more people with similar thoughts. If you did not change it in the first place we would not need to wait a mere 14 hours.
    FunWart likes this.
  8. I could use help parsing this one. Does the rule only apply to methods which involve a modification? Or does the phrase "regardless of method" also apply to methods not involving a modification?

I appreciate the effort that clearly went into this rule update. Thanks!
  9. I'm not going to ban you for having an opinion. You could also say that if you weren't so belligerent in your responses to the players that have posted in support, more players would post in favor of. It's Schrodinger's cat. We have to be willing to at least give it a chance.
  10. Lol, you think this is belligerent, you just wait :)
  11. It means first don't do it, then second don't try to skirt around on a technicality.
  12. That's how I see this situation. I rather keep an open mind on this new rule change than to be close minded and completely deny this rule change. Everyone has there own opinion but it all depends on how you see it.
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  13. Applies to all methods. Only one account may actively interact with EMC at a time. Staff discussed at length the issues with players tabbing out of their screen in a special way to continue an action. After discussion and tested and more discussion, we have ruled it an exploit of a game mechanic and not allowable, regardless of mod used or not.
  14. Alright, instead of being at anyone's throat and fighting tooth and nail, let's see if I can throw together a pro/con list for these auction rules.

Pros -
    Less auctions that aren't going to be bidded on being spammed in to the recent threads box.
    In game chat has less link spam, which can look messy.
    Community discussion threads are more likely to be noticed and commented on.
    More interaction with buying/selling threads, meaning more in game activity and use of the in game chat by using in game exchanges and discussion about pricing instead of all done through auctions.
    Any quantity auctions could allow people who do not have the time to play a lot, to auction off items even though they don't have a mass amount of them, allowing them to make money faster than before.

Cons-
    People will have to go actually looking for auctions to bid on, which people do not really like to.
    Bumps allowed threads that got lost to be found again, putting traction on the thread and allowing it to be an active auction. An active auction stays in the recent threads box without bumping.
    Not being able to advertise anywhere also stops people who do not use the forums that often from finding auctions, which means that less traction for those auctions which is overall going to be a decrease in payout for the auction host.
    On the other side of the coin, auctioning items in any quantity means that auctions with a lot of items are going to be less common, making acquiring items harder for the people who use auctions to gather DC's of materials, and also more auctions with less items are obviously going to drown out the few auctions with more items in them.

That's my take on both sides of this argument. Feel free to discuss anything I've said here.
  15. I feel this is a good way to look at it from both angles.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  16. -recent thread is going to be spammed more because of cheaper auctions because of less restrictions
    -less people will auction off large quantities of items meaning less profits for shop and a worse economy
    -worse for auction hosts over a long period of time because large quantities will get bid on once and fall off the face of the earth lol
    NONE OF YOU HOST AUCTIONS YOU HAVE NO PERSPECTIVE TO TALK FROM LOL
    FadedMartian likes this.
  17. TomvanWijnen likes this.
  18. I host them once and a while.
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  19. I understand your frustration but I think you might be taking this a little closed minded. Try to look at it from the positive side but I can understand why you might not feel this is good.
  20. Nope. What is the positive take away from this?