Rules Updates: August 11, 2018

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Aug 12, 2018.

1. lol i have 5 alt accounts i host on. almost all the enchantment books on the auctions are mine
  2. open mindedness only applies to you if you ever host auctions lol
  3. Dude I think that is coming a bit harsh towards me and my opinion. I am only trying to add some opinions on how I think this is gonna help us.
  4. Sorry, let me rephrase: I do not agree, but what are some positives?
  5. Lets not hash out on others just because they think differently from you. Everyone has there own opinion and I feel they need to be respected.

Everyone has the right to voice their own opinion but I don't feel it is the right thing to lash out on others just on what they say on how they feel.
    Jay2a likes this.
  6. If you are going to say there are positives, I was wanting to hear them... Its good to have both sides in mind while discussing.
    Bromine_XD likes this.
  7. I've held very many auction is my time, so this is my opinion given my experience only...

I've tried auction with bumping very little and others bumping as close to the 3 hours as possible. I've noticed no big difference either way. Sometimes an auction may go underpriced with the new rules.. maybe. But I've seen that happen even with a ton of bumps.

I also think people are using the recent single block auctions as a direct result of the new rules. I see them as a protest to the new rules and once it's out of peoples systems things will settle down. I've disaggread with changes before too but you have to at least give them a chance to work and as mentioned if changes need to be main, it can be revisited.
  8. Well basically I think what the staff are doing with this is helping the forums be a little bit more on the balanced and organized side.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  9. ok Good to hear your opinion, duly noted
    Smooshed_Potato and SkeleTin007 like this.
  10. I'm sorry, but this is entirely wrong. Sure, you may host auctions more than some other players, but that doesn't mean that their thoughts/opinions are invalid. I rarely host or bid on auctions, but this change very much still affects me as a player and my thoughts do matter. Cherry picking data and calling out other's arguments as invalid only hurts your own case
  11. I also agree with this Kloned. If we just at least give it a chance we may see it might help us in the long run. (or not depends on how you see it...)
  12. there are more people against them then with the new rules so you need some improved perspective. we are the people that build this server not the mods lol
  13. But the point of this new implemented rule is to help the players not to harm them.
  14. You should also realize that it's only a handful of people outraged. No where near most or a majority. I've also held or bid on more auction then some people have lifetime posts lol I have a great perspective and has nothing to do with being a mod or not. Also please remember that mods are players as well, who also help build this server.
    crystaldragon13 and SkeleTin007 like this.
  15. give me a positive when it comes to removing bumping at the sametime lessening auction restrictions
    if the intent was to lessen auctions in the recent threads they have failed
    FadedMartian likes this.
  16. Not true, my friend, I have talked to multiple people, and they are not happy either.
    nyhl and FunWart like this.
  17. Not everyone will like this change. I feel like they haven't given the time to see this new rule into consideration.

Give it a chance at least that's all we are trying to say.
  18. the auction page is now spamming the recent thread with 1 or 1 stacks of item auctions lol
    FadedMartian likes this.
  19. They want to lessen active auction threads by changing the rules to make room for the new threads that are taking place. It's a tradeoff for sure, but it's one that we're going to have to learn to accept. The goal wasn't to lessen auction threads in general, it was to lessen the inactive threads to make room for the lighter regulations on auction limits
    crystaldragon13 and SkeleTin007 like this.
  20. Oh I'm not saying that there are not people upset I'm saying that from what I have seen, it's nowhere near a majority.