Rules Updates: August 11, 2018

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Lol. My motivation in gameplay? Please, tell me the last time I had a legit auction-- I believe it has been a few months. So there's no motivation here for me, except pure disbelief that you do not care about the effects this half- thought out rule change will effect the economy.

I think it is funny you mention that the forums are not the majority of EMC, but you are delusional if you can honestly say that the forum users are a large quantity of the active EMC players.
    Bromine_XD likes this.
  2. Well EMC is a MC server, if there was no EMC there would be no forums
  3. And your point?
  4. The forums are based on a MC server.
  5. ... I know?
  6. Minecraft is the majority of EMC, not the forums.
  7. My first new auction will be 10 stacks of gold end auction will be 12 hours after last bid
    FadedMartian likes this.
  8. Again, re-read my comments in this thread perhaps 3 or 4 times, and then maybe you will understand what I am talking about here.

If you have further questions/ comments PM me
  9. Last paragraph...huh?
  10. Oops... Typo in my frustration here..

I think it is funny you mention that the forums are not the majority of EMC, but you are delusional if you can honestly say that the forum users are *not* a large quantity of the active EMC players.
  11. I really think you need to cool it a little bit. You're bordering on straight up rudeness to staff because you don't like a rule change.
    EMC has 500k members but only 100k forum members, meaning the forums only make up for about 1/5 of all players, nevermind the amount of people that actually took the time to comment on this thread
    There's a difference between a large quantity and the majority. The forums does make up a large quantity of players but is nowhere near the majority.

The fact that you don't use the auction forums that much doesn't mean everyone does it the same way you do. I still do create and bid on auctions and this change really does affect me, but I feel it's only fair to the EMC staff and to everyone else to see how this rule change takes place before making broad generalizations about it
  12. Faded, please don't be so aggressive against staff, or people that disagree with you.
    Smooshed_Potato likes this.
  13. Rudeness? Please. If you cannot handle the truth (IMO) maybe you just can ignore it

I mean no rudeness, but I am sick of Krysyy not taking any of my or my friend's suggestions, shooting them down right away, and then HER being rude to me.

As for my usage of the auctions, who gives a crap whether I am a regular user... We are talking about the community here, and I am indeed, whether you believe it or not, a part of the community.
  14. I never said you're not a part of the community! I'm just saying the rule changes have to take everyone into account, and since you said yourself that you don't use the auction threads as much, it doesn't affect you as much
    Krysyy may be shooting down your suggestions without giving them a chance, but is that not what's happening here? The rule change has had maybe 12 hours since it took effect and everyone's already shooting it down. Whether or not you meant to be rude, it's coming off as very rude and aggressive
  15. I'm not aware where this is coming from, but I feel you have more of an issue with me than just this post. I evaluate all suggestions the same. If they don't work for EMC, then they are denied. If you and your friends want your suggestions to not be denied, then suggest something useful and aligned with our intentions for EMC. The same advice goes for anyone with any suggestion.

You are one member of a large community. While your voice does matter, so do the others, even those intimidated by how strongly argumentative the forums get sometimes. Not everyone posts and not everyone agrees. That's the way it's supposed to be. The loud minority should never overpower a quiet majority though.

So please take a few steps back and wait it out. We'll see what happens. Nothing is going to implode in the meantime.
  16. A large part of the community has spoken their disgust with that one particular rule change. As for the time it has been in effect, what does that have to do with anything? I feel once staff make decisions, it takes a while to change their mind on anything.
    TomvanWijnen and Bromine_XD like this.
  17. I do have an issue more than just this post, but that's a conversation for a different time and place. I have an issue with the "suggest something useful and aligned with our intentions for EMC". You've got to be kidding me, right? I thought you opened this up partially to the community, and now you are blatantly stating it is not useful, just cause you do not agree with it.

Also, you seem not to see how many people have expressed their irritation with this change. So I am not the minority. I just express myself, and am not afraid of your "authority/ power"
  18. Can krysyy please just appeal the removing of bumps cause alot of people who ACTUALLY host auctions are complaining about this specific thing. And the people have spoken. One mod is not gonna stop a hoard of players lol
    FadedMartian likes this.
  19. Players are not gonna make this stop unfortunately because the staff have the word over all of us even though they too are players. Basically whatever Krysyy says is in motion unless said otherwise.