Rules Updates: August 11, 2018

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Aug 12, 2018.

1. We aren't stunting auctions. We are loosening restrictions on them. People only auction dirt if they think someone will bid. They could do the same thing with a DC of dirt in the past, and some did. If no one bids, then there isn't a reason for it to be bumped incessantly. Intention of this rule change: Let the players auction what they want to auction, but keep the auction spam limited. In the past you could auction a DC of dirt, but couldn't auction a stack of emerald ore. Which is worth more? The emerald ore, obviously. Making the change on amount was needed because the logic was flawed and over time, custom item addition just let to more and more limitations, some even contesting each other. EMC changes over time. The auctionable items list restrictions were bordering on ridiculous and it was time for a change. Said change comes with a balance shift and that balance is managed by removing bumps/adverts. Players can auction what they want basically, but the auctions are in the recent threads section only if legitimate progress is made. No fake attention bumps or market chat spam.

Staff WILL be keeping a more vigilant and active response to the auctions. They aren't going to punish players, but just correct where necessary until the adjustment period is over. The novelty will wear off soon.
  2. But dont you understand that the quantity will determine how active the bets on the auction are
    FadedMartian likes this.
  3. Hmm, the recent rule changes actually gave an opposite impression, as if you wanted to remove auctions from recent threads list, but then again, the amount restriction being taken away wouldn't serve that purpose, so to me it looked very confusing of the reasoning.
    If the purpose is limiting bumps on stalled auctions, are there really no other ways, rather than outright banning the bumps and the relevant questions altogether?
    Maybe something like: give people an option to still bump their auction and seek out for that potential buyer/seller but then forbid bumping. E.g. If X amount of time has passed since your last bump and no bids occurring,the further bumps are forbidden.
  4. Just increase the time until you can bump...problem solved how did no one think of that lol
  5. Some people don't need to purchase a DC of emerald ore. For example, what if they are looking for a stack or so? They can either find an in-game shop or try their luck at getting it cheaper in an auction by searching the auction threads. That's how an auction is intended to work in this system.

Some people want a DC at a time so they'll bid on the associated auction that had a higher qty. Each player can only post one auction at a time. It's up to them what strategy they use, but we've opened up that possibility which was once not an option.
  6. You still dont understand that the people winning auctions are selling the items at there shop at a price higher than the auction cost
    FadedMartian likes this.
  7. I don't wholly agree with this, though it does have truth to an extent. I know you've made the point that people need to learn to use the auction system better, but sometimes the people who may want to bid on an auction may miss it when it's active and not know it even exists later on. Auctions do still get bids that otherwise would've been missed if they didn't get bumped, even if it's not always the case
    You can't propose a solution with no testing put into it and expect that it'll 100% fix the problem. We don't know how the auction changes are gonna go; It could make things better or worse for people who want to auction things. Only time can tell how the problem will go and I think people should wait before proposing solutions to a problem that's not even a problem yet
  8. But you also found how ridiculous is including myself posting 1 quantity actions. If it's such a bother move down to sc than a dc
  9. Just changing the item restrictions at auction will fix the problem you said
    FadedMartian likes this.
  10. If no one bids on an auction... Most people didnt see it... bump helps, but now you cannot even do that.

EMC economy= ded
    jossytheninja and Bromine_XD like this.
  11. If you want to waste an auction period on 1 block and players want to bid on it, go for it. If you want to go for higher quantities still, then go for it. The power of an auction relies on the bidders' willingness to participate and pay the price. Balance will restore itself naturally after the novelty wears off.
  12. FadedMartian likes this.
  13. Bidders cant see the high quantity auctions if the top auctions of little auctions are spamming the auction page do you not remember when this restriction was lifted before huh
    roblikescake likes this.
  14. I always wondered how other auctions will be started if they can't bump them to be relevant. I will foresee some dead auctions in the auction inquiry
    FadedMartian likes this.
  15. What novelty are you talking about.... It's a major oof with these changes, and I do not plan to stop talking about the devastating effects on the economy

You broke something that was not broken before
  16. Players that wish to participate in auctions have this fancy place where they can see all active auctions at once. It's even searchable to a degree. Just like eBay you may miss a cool item if you don't look for it in time. That's what an auction is.
  17. Agreed.
  18. No one will look for these auctions krsyy are you serious
  19. No you officially destroyed one of the few things the forums were used for. Is this lowkey "Krysyy's Economy Destroying Party" (similar to Aikar's) :p