Rules Updates: August 11, 2018

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Aug 12, 2018.

1. If they really want to they will.
  2. It is just getting used to looking in the auction house more often. People will adjust
    crystaldragon13 and Sazukemono like this.
  3. I've had auction pass to the 6th page and never seen again
    FadedMartian likes this.
  4. Biggest load of a generalization ever. I am dramatized from this ordeal.
    ConductorConduit likes this.
  5. Already stated we're working on a shortcut to help the redirection. If you don't search in eBay you get a list of random items. Same will apply here. I'm completely serious.

I respectfully disagree and the forums are so much more than auction bumps. After an adjustment period, it will be better.
  6. I just must state that you continue to say its an adjustment period, but I as well as multiple people will continue to try to find a legit reason of destroying auctions.

As for the usage of the forums... lets be honest, the majority of the forums usage is auctions and spammy forum games.

I am starting a thread to suggest all forum games are banned.
    Bromine_XD likes this.
  7. Then maybe no one was interested or as stated, they need an adjustment period to learn to look at the list fully. As stated, an auction is reliant on there being willing buyers. If no one's willing to pay your price or they don't want what you have to offer, then you may get no bids.
  8. Gonna throw in my thoughts real quick. Although I’m a little bummed out by a few rules I do think it will be good for emc as long as a button gets added to the home page that redirects you to the auctions page. I appreciate what staff have done and I respect that they are handling this situation so well! Everything in life just needs time.

~Original
  9. I just wanted weight in a little. I want to thank the staff for loosen the restrictions on the Sub-Zones. It will make Condo and apartment sales so much easier. Now we'll be able to sell apartments and people can decorate it themselves!!! :D So exciting! Thank you!!!!

I also really like these new Macro rules.

For Auctions though, I feel like you need to at least in-game chat advertising and they should abide to the same rules as shops and malls. I understand the spamming that happens on forums but people that host auctions need at least one way to advertise. I suggest in game because it's the least spammy.

Those are my thoughts on the whole thing, thanks for hearing me out, and I hope my suggestions help. :)
  10. If the change to auctions was going to destroy the economy, don't you think it's reasonable to expect that they wouldn't have done it?
    There are parts of this change that I don't agree with, but I feel like a middle ground should be found. I see potential to do good as much as I see potential to do bad, and the only way to really know how things are going to go is to just wait it out. The rules can be modified or reverted if they turn out to be bad, or if they end up being better for the economy in the long run then I think the change would be worth it
    Sazukemono likes this.
  11. They do not care. Seems to be they are just ignorant to the community majority voice.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  12. Staff are staff for a reason, they are nice, caring, helpful people. They would never do this.
    SkeleTin007 and Jay2a like this.
  13. Smh. Its fine if you disagree, but don't attempt to try to correct me. Have you seen the number of people that unhappy with this half thought out rule change? On top of that you should see what the discord people are saying (shoutout to my discord peeps)
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  14. Just because you dislike a decision does not mean you should take it out on others.
  15. I am not taking it out on anyone, guy. Perhaps re-read this entire thread a few times, and then perhaps you will understand it
  16. This will bring more people to the auction page and it good for new players but the auction page is not a shop page but an auction for a specific quantity of an item if I want to buy a stack I will go to a shop and buy it
    FadedMartian likes this.
  17. It's not supposed to be preference what do you mean just google auction lol if you want an item just do /shop
  18. Personally, I love the new allowances for auction amounts. This is especially useful for new players or those that can't play as long as others or don't have huge farms to draw from. Anyone can now be apart of the economy and that's a great bonus in keeping people around I think. They start off small and grow to something bigger. Just my thoughts on this. :)
  19. The forum community is not the majority of EMC. We aren't ignorant. We are thinking about the entirety of EMC, and not of our own gain, because we have no stakes in it. Your thoughts and opinions, while valid to you and some players like you, are only thus because of your motivations in gameplay. It's difficult to see past that because you're seeing a change you don't like right now and that's what you are focused on because you don't like it personally. Once the adjustment period passes, you'll be able to see the positives and realize it's not the end of the world. EMC will adapt, as it always has.
  20. I will try to reason with the new rules by auctioning in 10 stacks per auction but if a month passes and I've made less money than if I did one dc . Then I will be unhappy with these new rules. :D