Reverse Auction Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

Discussion in 'Reverse Auctions' started by Krysyy, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Aaaaand that's why nobody thought of it XD Well, Krysyy's word is law. Negative bids are invalid, as of now.

'Course maybe a rule change could make it possible... ;D
  2. This defeats the purpose of a rev. auction. The lowest possible bid you could get in a rev. auction would be 1r and once the bidding is low enough that no other bids are possible, the auction would be technically over.
  3. Can Elytra be made so it can be Rev Auctioned in quantities of 1? Most people who want it don't need 5.
  4. If you specify that the elytra will need unbreaking III and/or Mending I it would then count as an enchanted item and could be reverse auctioned in any amount. That should solve it unless you were asking for plain/vanilla elytras to be actionable with a quantity of 1
  5. Second one.
  6. Can you confirm if totems of undying have to be done in dc quantities or what quantity? Since it is a limited quantity item I was not sure if it was considered a normal item or not.
  7. Updated rules after staff discussion: The minimum as of June 20th at 10:55 EMC time is 10.
    ShelLuser, ThaKloned and Eviltoade like this.
  8. May I RA for Tokens?

Example...

I have a res I want to change the biome to another type. Being newer, I have less "tokens" than many so I would prefer to buy someone else to use tokens to change my biome.

So maybe I'm not RA for tokens but RA for a "residence biome change" instead?

Anyway, just looking for thoughts, I can likely put it in buying or trade too but the idea of RA is nice as that sets a token to rupee value as well.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  9. Biome change is 5k tokens. No sure how an RA would even work this this. Starting bid 5k no bid decrease...You're the winner.

Best place for this is in the trade section.
  10. [RA] Paying 25000r for a biome change
    Auction: 5000 of your tokens
    Starting offer 25000r
    decrease amount 100r

I am not using tokens for tokens
    Tuqueque and AncientTower like this.
  11. Wow!.. I guess I should drink some coffee.
    Tuqueque, mjnoe70 and ShelLuser like this.
  12. No, it's rupees only. Tokens were never meant to be tradeable in the first place.

Yeah, that's different. But either way: no. This is comparable to selling a residence, those are also not auctionable at this time.

Basically the only things you can use in a reverse auction are those items specified in the rules (OP).
  13. TY Shell, though I don't think they were different, but I see how it can be seen/read differently. I was saying can I auction to "obtain use of" tokens, not with as a auction currency. So the idea of "to get a biome change" is the same thing as right now that is one of the couple/few things tokens can be used for.

...and I agree it is not in the list, but I think my questions is can tokens (in any specific size, say minimum 5k) be added as a valid "item" that could be used in an RA? Times change so this may not have been asked, suggested or even though of before. Its no different than when someone "gifts" the tokens by doing a biome change for someone either to be nice or as part of a giveaway except it gives me a way to find a person who can now get something for those tokens in exchange for using them on my behalf.
  14. I'm quite positive that's never going to happen, also because tokens were always meant to be a more personal kind of currency which you couldn't use to just buy yourself into things. Ergo: they'd have to be earned.

To back up this claim, here's Aikar's reaction to a rupees for tokens exchange suggestion:

Your idea basically falls into the same category: allowing people to buy (into) tokens, which directly defeats their intended purpose. So I don't see this happening any time soon.
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  15. In addition to what has already been said, my initial thoughts regarding Auctioning a Residence Biome change are that in order to do it you a Residence would have to change hands or the winner would need Permissions on one. I do not think either of those are allowed in Auctions.
    Krysyy likes this.
  16. Correct, you can not sell or auction residence flags.
  17. ...yep, I see where you are on this. Though I think I want that official notification as if I can go to do a trade or buying thread, I'm not sure its a whole lot different. ...and as noted, I know this person who did gift some "biome changes" which means those who got this also did not earn them as is part of the denial in the other thread. I also think there is a fine line between EMC putting in an exchange program which requires staff to be involved in and player trade as long as it follows the rules.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  18. You can pay someone to do the biome change for you, however auctioning would just not be OK.
  19. I get this, maybe the most convincing thing I've seen, so not to get to far off topic, but 2 things, first it is not the res flag, as this would be only granted temporarily and second would this mean it cannot be "gifted" or done in trade, buy or sell threads as well?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  20. Pab10S hit the nail on the head.

While you CAN change a biome on a residence that you do not own, it requires permissions, and not just any regular perms. The admin perm is required. That sort of risk is never going to be supported by staff action, so this will NOT be added as an auctionable item. Also, were you to do this and the player did do something else requiring admin perm to your res, staff cannot help you because you bypassed our ultimate protection. Keep this in mind before delving into these sorts of deals. The exchange of rupees for perms is not allowed.
    ShelLuser and mjnoe70 like this.