[Denied] Rupees for tokens exchange

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by WardleDeBoss, Jul 1, 2017.

?

Good idea?

+1 (Yes) 2 vote(s) 40.0%
-1 (No) - Please reply with your response 3 vote(s) 60.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Today I'm suggesting a form be in place to exchange rupees for tokens. (Similar to the Voucher Exchange form)

The process would be as follows:

1. You fill out the form stating how many rupees you would like to exchange for tokens (Would be an exchange rate)
    2. In 24-48 hours, The Community Manager would take the specified amount of rupees from your balance and credit your tokens.

I don't know if this would be possible (With the way tokens work, If there's even a way to give players tokens).

To my knowledge this has not been suggested before. (Trading tokens for rupees has)

Thanks for taking the time to read my suggestion

~Wardle
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. -1 No matter which way you try to get them to trade, this suggestion has been denied before.
  3. Tokens serve very little purpose currently. Why would you want to trade your rupees for tokens? There are plenty of ways to get tokens as is. Voting, group activities, killing custom mobs, and winning events all award tokens. I don't see a need for this. Sorry, but -1 from me.
    WardleDeBoss likes this.
  4. What about when tokens DO have a use? It'd be nice if you had a chance to get more tokens for when that happens.
  5. I like it :)
    mjnoe70 and WardleDeBoss like this.
  6. I like the idea, but I'm not too sure it's a good one.

First... right now tokens are separate currency, which also gives staff more leniency to 'do' stuff. For example: you can buy an avalauncher for 10k tokens. This value can be determined purely by looking at the effort to obtain tokens. When you link this to rupee values then I could imagine this hindering staff in setting up other sales because then they'd also need to keep rupee value into mind.

Which brings me to tokens not allowing you to buy your way into things. Which I think is a good thing. You got 500k rupees and only 500 tokens? Then you might be having a problem with that biome change...

One way or the other you need to put personal effort into obtaining tokens whereas rupees are easily exchangeable. The fact that tokens are not makes them somewhat special in that regards.

Anyway.. No vote from me. I don't oppose the suggestion but I also don't think it's a good one.
    WardleDeBoss likes this.
  7. -1
    I feel this defeats the entire purpose on tokens being obtained by killing mini bosses. If they were to do this they may aswell remove tokens altogether and u would change biomes with rupees
    WardleDeBoss likes this.
  8. Tokens are ment to be a player ran economy.. by having this what should be the point as it would be just like having rupees.

It is ment for players having to vote, kill mobs and all to gain say an empire.

WardleDeBoss likes this.
  9. This is something that absolutely will never happen. Tokens are also called "Challenge Tokens". They are a reward for doing something personally that cant be "given".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.