Reverse Auction Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

Discussion in 'Reverse Auctions' started by Krysyy, Oct 28, 2014.

1. If you're worried about getting into trouble for "selling" tokens then rest assured: you won't. This is why some players don't always grasp the whole thing because it almost looks as if staff approves & denies things on a whim (just relaying what some people told me in general) but fact of the matter is it goes much deeper than that, and is honestly quite fair.

Because although staff won't set it up so that we get an official rupee/tokens exchange (which could lead up to tokens getting a fixed rupee value) they're also not stopping you from trying to sell your tokens (for example in a residence biome change service). That fully boils down to "play your way" again. They're your tokens, so you should be free to do with them as you please, which includes selling them.

This is what makes Empire such a unique and fascinating server to me. It can be a little complex here and there, but staff tries really hard to keep things fair and let us do our things.

Wow, that sounds like a nice fellow I should get to meet sometime :D

Speaking of which... I'm going to shout out to some winners one more time and if I don't hear back and you're actually looking for a biome change on a residence of yours then I can make it really easy on you :)

Exactly.
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  2. This is the closest thing I can think of to editing my previous post short of asking Staff to fix my boo-boos. Hopefully I won't cringe after I hit Reply this time :)
    I implied but left two points out of my previous post that I think are important. In an Auction I have almost no control over who wins. I am also bound to the Auction terms. For these reasons I would want to make a transaction like this without the restrictions an Auction would place on me so that I can judge the character and intent of the player before committing myself to something that I potentially may not be able to undo.
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  3. So I'm looking at the rules, and does this mean if I wanted to obtain shulker shells though here, I would have to want a minimum of 1 DC? Because that would be expensive for smaller buyers. Or is this me being really stupid and completely missing something about them?
    MissFable likes this.
  4. Yes, you would have to buy a DC, however, most of us just buy a DC of shulker boxes. You can try to ask if the bidder has shells and chests separately ... Still expensive though.
    DIAMONDDEVEL737 and MissFable like this.
  5. The minimum is 1 dc but you can still them in smaller quantities by specifying that they be "deconstructed." Meaning you put up a Auction/RA of 1 dc of shulker boxes with the added "deconstructed" (or similar) specification that way you can buy/sell them in increments of 108 rather then 3456 (according to my search of the auction archives no one has sold more then a single DC of boxes aka 108 shells in a single auction).
    Hopefully this item will get it's own special auction specifications soon. Personally I'm hoping it 2 stacks because that's the quantity most people are already selling it at. I can say from experience that 2 stacks would take about 4-12 End Cities depending on the size of the cities, which of the possible sections generated, how thorough you are, the location (if most of the city is over an abyss you will probably lose a few), and finally whether you are using looting enchants (68.75% with looting III vs a base drop of 50% per kill). Either way it's reasonable work to auction ratio.

PS. This is also a neat way to do smaller auctions with metals; selling 6 stacks of gold bars as 1 dc of nugget.
    DIAMONDDEVEL737 likes this.