Reverse Auction Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

Discussion in 'Reverse Auctions' started by Krysyy, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Though this may not be needed, I thinks here should be a rule (or at least included in the joke bids) that state that you may not bid below 0 rupees.
  2. This sounds like a fascinating idea. Thanks, krysyyjane! :) I definitely look forward to giving this a try...
  3. I somewhat agree. Since you are asking for exact stats, I think that it should be changed to 1 horse needed instead of 10 or just make it so you can demand a specific type of horse such as Jump 24 and the rest can be any level/style.

Example:
    Item: Ten Horses with Jump Height of 54
    Minimum Bid: 2
    Auction ends in 5 seconds.
  4. Once I wrapped my head around this concept (I actually thought it was a joke when I read the title xP) I really began to love this idea. I will definitely be using this in the future when I am in need of certain items. I would imagine that this would be especially useful for collectors or people building large projects, so I support this! :)
  5. Well, if the bidder wants to give the auction host rupees to take wanted item then I see no problem with that...
  6. As long as they understand they do in fact have to produce the items.
  7. Not to be the negative nancy ... but if people were smart they wouldn't reverse bid at all ...

What's to say starting bid is 1,000,000
    Minimum bid decrease is the 10,000

If someone is smart they would help the first person keep the bid at 1,000,000 and get the supply

instead of having 90 people bid bringing it down to 10k ....

In the end, wouldn't people want to try to keep it closest to first bid as possible?

if 1 person at #90 posted 10k ... that one person would get 10k

if 9 people helped said op bidder at 1,000,000 .... they'd each get 100k .... that's 90k that each person would be losing individually compared to trying to over-bid.

-so how would that be avoided? because i'd see almost everyone wouldn't try to post a lower amount, that's bad for marketers, only good for buyers XD
  8. QUESTION: So.... If the starting bid is 25,000r can you lower it to like 60r? :3 i hope
  9. Same with player heads. It makes sense to me to be able to reverse auction only one head or to ask for a DC of heads without specifying the owners.
    Really any thing that requires specificity might not need to be a rule, as long as the owner says they'll accept whatever. For example, the recent auction asking for "efficiency 4 or better."
    kyukyu99 likes this.
  10. I will need to analyze the particulars of this and add in rules. As I said before, the general rules will likely need tweaking
    fishmeal likes this.
  11. [*]Do not bid on items that you cannot supply at the time of bidding. This includes having active bids open on other reverse auctions that would bring your total number of items involved below what is necessary on another reverse auction.

I am wondering if there might be some other way to do this? Some these Reverse Auctions are asking for bids on very large amounts of items that I don't expect anyone has just laying around.

A couple of examples:
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/reverse-auction-25-dcs-of-sand.45586/

http://empireminecraft.com/threads/reverse-auction-40-dcs-of-paper.45452/

I would be tempted to bid on them for something to do, but I would have to Craft or mine them first. I actually was working on that 40 DC's of Paper so I could bid, but the Auction ended before I could finish. Not too much of a loss, since eventually someone else will want some.

The Sand though: What if I go out and shovel 25 DC's of Sand then don't win the Auction because I am not willing to go as low as someone else? Now I have 25 DC's of Sand sitting around.

Normal Auctions don't have this problem. If I want to work on 40 DC's of Paper I can take all the time I want then Auction them. I wonder if there would be a fair way to allow a grace period, yet also deal with when someone cannot meet the requirements of the Auction within the time frame that was agreed on.
    SkyDragonv8 likes this.
  12. You bring up a good point. Maybe a good balance of if the seller agree that they can wait a bit. I'll have to review the topic and lay out the scenarios.
    SkyDragonv8 and Pab10S like this.
  13. Maybe in the auction format have the buyer include "Maximum wait time" which can either be a set time they need the items by or how much time someone has after winning to get them.
  14. Might do one for a vault voucher?
  15. Are we still supposed to Report the OP when the auction is ended to get it removed?
  16. Is there a maximum increase? Couldn't some one automatically take it down to 1 rupee?
  17. Hang on. Are you getting it or are they?
  18. This is the Reverse Auction section. Others will offer to supply the product for less and less money until no one wants to accept fewer rupees. So whomever posts the reverse auction will get products, and the bidders are trying to 'win' the sale by accepting fewer and fewer rupees for the products they provide.

Get it?
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  19. Yes, thanks
  20. Apparently I cannot even understand basic English... so

I can have a reverse auction AND regular auction at the same time right?