[Results] EMC Rule Enforcement

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Maxarias, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is the exact definition of "damage to the economy" since they did it in an illegal way.

If the WORST thing I do is use fly mod and can get to somewhere in the wild and back without harm in say 5 minutes what would take you 20 minutes...that is SUPER harmful to the economy. I can't really go into much more depth because to me it's way to in your face obvious.
  2. And we all appreciate what you and the rest of the staff have done to keep this server under control (and without pay - you being able to keep your composure and still be at the top of your game).

People might see me as harsh in game - but I only try and help remind players of the rules so we don't have to get the moderators involved (guess it helps you guys?). I love minecraft; building and helping players are my main two focuses. And I like to keep these two traits as I remain a member of the Empire.

-eklektoi
    mba2012 likes this.
  3. because group 5 (the 30%) is the largest single group there was in that chart.
  4. I voted for all of the majority ones... :p
    Also, I haven't been on EMC that much recently, can anyone tell me what's going on? (Voting Perks, updates, etc.)
  5. This was so beautifully written. :D
  6. This is why EMC is the best. Our awesome moderators. :)
  7. One example in the defintion for "Damaging the Economy" Is 1998Golfer
  8. I think he's still on the forums, you know.
    JackBiggin likes this.
  9. From the results, it appears the users of the Empire are more leaned towards a conservative and authoritarian preference in the micropolitics of the community, mainly because since this is an online community a more libertarian approach to judicial matters would degrade the community's quality, because anyone can get away with anything on the internet if we let them.

Because of the community's preference of an authoritarian and conservative judiciary, I believe perhaps the core users, the most responsible non-moderators who have been with the community long-term, should gain a vote in who joins the community moderation. I have an idea for such a concept, if anyone wants to hear it.
  10. Is this another one of your government ideas? We just don't want cheaters in EMC.
    PandasEatRamen and penfoldex like this.
  11. I believe we should just leave the choosing of Moderators to IcecreamCow. He's done a great job so far. I don't want to sound like I distrust our members, but if we had older members like Pthagaard, or Copherfield choosing our mods.. Well, I just don't see any good that could come out of that.

We've got a very set system, IcecreamCow reviews the mod apps, if he likes what he sees, he then investigates them until he knows so much about them, he most likely knows what they dream, and think about. :p

But with the system we have now, he ensures we have only the best for our team, and I greatly appreciate that, nor would have it any other way.

12. You spoke his name!
    :eek:

13. Fix'd
  14. I don't doubt that IcecreamCow appears to be doing a brilliant job of appointing the moderators, I just think that as the community expands and more moderation is required, I think it may be necessary to have moderators subject to more accountability to the community.
  15. I am very surprised with that number Aikar, because with the reduction of players on EMC these days I expected it to be a lot higher. This info make things a lot clearer.

I voiced my opinion, because of the way EMC player numbers went down so rapidly some months ago and up till now those numbers have not gone back up.

Are you saying its against the rules now to do this?

I have done a lot to try to stop ppl from hacking on the server, encouraging them not to do so where I suspected they might be.

On the above points re-numbers, that is what I am talking about before 1.3 update caused havoc for so many,
    there was a sharp drop in player numbers and upon till now those numbers have not returned. As I seen so many and heard of so many being perm banned at that time my understanding and belief

Well maybe that was the problem then, and why such a large number of players left at that time.

You seem to take my point as a negative and maybe it comes across that way, and maybe it is. I got fed up playing because of the numbers of ppl that left EMC and have so far not returned. It was a great place to play on and I really do hope that one day it will get back to that level, I think with the numbers of players that are still active could be condensed onto fewer servers to increase server numbers and make game play a bit more interesting.
  16. As to points of moderating, I am a moderator of a NONE PROFIT server, we have a zero policy of rule breakers and I feel that i did not make my point very clear here if all ppl read is that I feel too many ppl got banned etc.

The point I am making is EMC seem's - seemed to me that in it's zero tolerance to rule breakers, it in effect shot itself in the foot by ppl leaving in there droves. From what Aikar has said maybe its because the did not ban enough or rather perm ban enough ppl and the ppl that have left are the one's that where effected by the rule breakers.

I do honestly want EMC to do well and for player numbers to return to the level they once where. Its also great that EMC has over 60k subscribers but its sad so see just 200 on average playing over 10 servers with some only having single figer numbers playing on them.
  17. We kinda want to have a no tolerance to rule breakers policy. If they did that in the United States, I can assure you crime rates would go down. Same idea. Of someone is tempted and they know they can ft off with a minor punishment, they will probably do it.
  18. The system is already setup this way. We have a report system and if a moderator is reported, they pass it along to another moderator to handle. This is logged and kept forever so I and other Sr. Staff are able to see it at any time. If anyone in the community has an issue with a moderator abusing any powers, they know to come to me directly in which case I would investigate the claim. Every moderator knows this is the system, and therefore knows that abusing powers wouldn't be a good idea.

Not to mention, I'm fairly good in what I do and choose moderators who are responsible enough to handle this. Sometimes I am wrong OR the person chosen has things happen either in game or in their personal lives which warrants them either stepping down or being removed, which happens as soon as I notice something is wrong.

This is a system I've worked on and perfected from my very first community I ran back in 2007 and I personally feel this is the way to continue it as it's worked flawlessly. :)
  19. Well said ICC, it's good to know that the mods are not above the law.

Although, I did see a certain staff member on YouTube blowing up lots of TNT on a res..... :p
  20. ICC isn't a mod - he's an evil purple ninja. So... he is the law :p
    Ausizoro and mba2012 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.