[Results] EMC Rule Enforcement

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Maxarias, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. With a few changes this MIGHT be a cool edition to EMC.
  2. The money paid is a donation to the server all the funds get used to upkeep, maintain, and run EMC. Justin and I never felt okay with being one of them servers that simply begged for money for the sake of begging for money, so we decided to add perks to those who help keep the server running.
    mba2012, penfoldex and JackBiggin like this.
  3. While I appreciate your enthusiasm, we won't be bringing politics into a working system. That's like throwing a wrench into a working machine. :p
    mba2012 likes this.
  4. Well, okay, I'm sure there's some way of introducing an RP-level political system into EMC without having it affect the rules...
  5. Dragon Eggs will enable mass dirt clearing.
  6. This thread suddenly got a lot more heated discussion...
  7. donating is giving money to someone with nothing in return though. the perks give the server a business look or appeal. there should be 2 things like a donator status and a rights holder status. donators get nothing, and rights holders get individual rights. like you can purchase the right to use tnt for like $5 a month, or purchase the right to use dynamic map hiding for $3. things like that. being that i live in the wild, everything that i'd pay for would be a waste. i don't use rupees often, and i dont use residences often or at all. the bundles available right now are way over priced for the rights that we should have already. i wouldn't mind paying $5 for tnt, but $20 for tnt and other things that i don't use at all is a tad bit extreme.
  8. I'm sure there's some role-player politics server somewhere on the server lists that might interest you. I've seen every other type, I'm sure it's not to far fetched. It's just not something that would fit with EMC. :)
  9. only dirt?
  10. and another thing, if latency and lag is an issue; you can limit the amount of tnt being placed at any given time in the server. ex: server limit 5 blocks of tnt per chunk, or 50 blocks of tnt per server. and i know you guys as mods can see who places signs with a plugin. why don't you do the same thing with tnt? keep a list of who places tnt and where (like you do with signs) and regulate usage (with derilict veteran idea i had earlier, and server limit). the world would be a better place with my favorite little red and white block.
  11. Quick question about dragon eggs...
    I heard we might be able to claim a patch of land with some in the wild. Will this be true?
  12. Aikar (the scripter for the server) already announced that. he said yes.
  13. That's one of the ideas. Though we don't know for sure (yet) how many/much rupees it will take and it won't come at the same time as the dragon tomb update. The wild update is a separate project all together requiring a lot of extra work, but the idea is everyone goes and stacks up on dragon eggs with the tombs so they're ready to claim wild with them when that feature launches. :)
  14. Yes! I believe so.
  15. They do. :)
  16. Thanks both of you.
  17. okay thanks, but i had not that survey so ???
  18. Too....... many..... Graphs :p
  19. I'm pretty sure she meant "plurality," but I imagine you knew that.
  20. Do you (any of you) actually know the history of (Nazi) Germany, NSDAP and their supporters and finances, the ideas behind that revolution? I doubt. Better leave those names alone.

(EDIT: This might sound as if I would be advocating Nazis. Very contrary to that, I think that due to simplifications and lack of knowledge, people do not realize how devastating Nazism was and would not recognize it if it would happen again.)

Even if, comparing high RL politics, history, dictators etc. in this way with misbehaving kids in EMC is IMO highly inappropriate.

BTW, do you think kids with speed hack should get permaban?
    Without possibility for appeal and/or pardon?
    What shall happen to you in RL when you're caught speeding?
    Loss of drivers license for good? Life sentence?
    If you want to compare, even Nazi Germany had less inhumane laws.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.