Response to Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Yes it'll be toggleable at will, but I will be making it a "Cant change it until you've stopped fighting for 5 minutes".

This is something I can change behavior based on players chosen difficulty. Easy mode we can make them not aggressive until attacked.
  2. We must bite him now. 15 times.
  3. um yea lava burning things is a minecraft thing not emc.
    607 likes this.
  4. well yes but to be honest, i have killed quite a few momentuses and if they are really that hard for you, i strongly recommend not useing leather armor enchanted at lvl 1 and a stone sword.
  5. this to me is like having two "towns" because soon enough, it will be in creative mode.
    B4DMAN5IMON and MR2R2M like this.
  6. Our server is focused on construction and playing with friends, and surviving, not on destruction.

If destruction is a main goal for a player, then EMC is by far the worst server for them to be on.
    mba2012, dresden72, LadBlo and 3 others like this.
  7. true but if this player doesn't get banned for that, then who knows what is going to happen next just becuase if they were going to lava greif, it is an obvious clue that they are intending on getting banned.

And sometimes i like things of mine getting destroyed because when they are broken, i have to fix them, therefore play more on EMC.
    607 likes this.
  8. I highly doubt that the majority of players enjoy cleaning up after griefs. :)
  9. You're welcome to opt into hard mode. Please do not subtly belittle other players gameplay preferences.
    penfoldex, mba2012, dresden72 and 4 others like this.
  10. Yay!
    Next thing we need is a larger debuff to shiny flesh
    Jcplugs and kevdudeman like this.
  11. I stand corrected then. Preventing firespread from lava is altering vanilla minecraft. Enraged creepers that burst into flame and ignite everything around them is not.

I appreciate that you want people to work for what they get. Believe it or not, that is a personal motto of my own as well. Just ask Redfire23, or any number of others on SMP8. I don't want to see EMC become a place of handouts either. What I'm saying to you is that your baseline idea of what "old" EMC is happens to be skewed.
    /p tells me you signed on 735 days ago, just one week before I did. You should remember quite well then, that the "Survival Update" didn't happen until June of 2013, and before that "old" EMC was still on Easy Mode, with no custom mobs or minibosses. Telling others "leave if you don't like it" is narrow-minded at best, and comes off as rather offensive (even if that isn't your intent).
    67.3% of people - more than a two-thirds majority - wanted a change. 90% is unrealistic, but I suspect you meant that more as hyperbole than a solid percentage. As to your second point, even I have to admit that Aikar has been extremely open about development and has done just that in recent months.

I understand you want to keep things the way they are now, and it's frustrating to see changes you don't like. I don't think it's any exaggeration to say that almost no one on EMC knows that feeling better than I. But the difference here is, you have a choice. You have the option to keep the difficulty for yourself, to enjoy the wilderness at the same level it is now. When the Survival Update rolled out, none of us were given the option, except to return to town and avoid the wild altogether.

Be grateful for being given the choice, and don't begrudge us the option, we who prefer building to fighting. There's room enough in EMC for both of us.
    607 likes this.
  12. To me this is basically saying "get on my level, or get out"
  13. Well to be fair, lets not word it like that :) 67% felt they are too strong, but I would think if someone "didn't like" the update would vote for "Reduce Enraged by 75%, Minibosses by 90%" which is 4.5%.

Regardless, 67% agree with the plans to change the difficulty of them.
    dresden72 likes this.
  14. this is exactly what i was trying to say, ty panda for summing it up in a much better and shorter way than i could :)

1st off please let me say that i am just 1 of a quite many few that is not interested in hunting down boss mobs as i'm a builder/artist not a fighter. i play the game the same as i live in real life. 2nd, being 1 that wears fully enchanted diamond armor and not leather as( correct me if i'm assuming wrong) you seem to implement that those of us that are not wanting to die consistently are wearing light armor. I understand that living in the wild means survival and that there is a risk that i might die if i mess up or are not paying attention to my surroundings, BUT to be in constant stress over the possibility that every couple of minutes i'm gonna be slaughtered is extremely harsh and takes alot of the fun/relaxation out of it for me. minecraft was in my opinion originally created to be a mix of both creative outlet and some fighting in the night if you did not statistically make good use of the day and make a good building to help protect you. Being sucked through wall really defeats the point of creating a protected area for oneself, so really why build anything at all? i'm not asking for it to be vanilla mode here. i do like alot of the custom additions that makes EMC different then all the other servers out there. all some of us is asking is for a balance in place that allows all players that all play the game in a different way to be able to have the choice of how we play the game. i love that aikar is adding that option. as someone said earlier, if you particularly prefer the hard-mode then by all means set it that way for you. but to condemn us all to a game life of constant death is well not a good balance.
    PandasEatRamen and dresden72 like this.
  15. To be honest I have rather gotten used to the enraged mobs. I am very pleased with the proposed changes. Thanks for putting this together.
  16. True enough. I've edited my wording a bit :)
  17. Positive change! :D
  18. Thanks Aikar for listening! :)
    QuarterStop likes this.
  19. alright i am going to stop my hissy fit. All I am saying is that I don't like the fact that many people enjoy easier minecraft. I guess that building is for this server and other stuff is for others.
  20. Hey, we're all entitled to our opinions.
    607, QuarterStop, penfoldex and 3 others like this.