Response to Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Only placed blocks? So if we want to clear a jungle, can we still burn it down?
  2. e.e

About the toggleable difficulty switch, I don't exactly understand. If it is what I'm thinking it is, then shouldn't a player be able to quickly toggle his difficulty to hard after a miniboss he's been fighting seems to be close to dieing? Just so he has a better chance to get drops?

Also, if minibosses don't attack you unless you attack them, then it should be possible to simply trap the miniboss, and finish it easily due to the fact that it's in a confined space. Correct?[/quote]
  3. The easy fix is to disallow toggling after you have been damaged by a mob, so you can't toggle during the fight or like 5 minutes after. For the second scenario make it so if you are around the boss say, 2 minutes it gives a warning, and 1 more minute and he attacks.
  4. What happens if one person has a really easy difficulty setting and hits a miniboss but a person with a hard setting hits it too?
    NZScruffy and boozle628 like this.
  5. The fact that the administration is willing to listen to the people is priceless, in any situation.
    Only one request, with netherhounds now being deadly and fast, could we have them act more like packs of wolves, and that, unless you hit one of their members, they don't all choose to attack you at some insane speed, chasing you down from across the map?
  6. Most likely the kill shot. Or they could do it so it gives drops based on the mobs damage taken at a certain level.
  7. creeper_fires.jpg
  8. There's been a few discussions on the idea of completely opting out of all the custom mobs, but its tricky to implement that. What if one is spawned from another player wondering around?

Sure its solvable, but I think its cleaner overall to make the *BASELINE* EMC experience friendlier to everyone, and not make it so cut-throat as "If you opt out, you're cut out from many of EMC's features".

I'd much rather make the baseline features be at the level more people are comfortable with.
    queendiva1, QuarterStop and Kephras like this.
  9. Whats the point though? Your base cant be burned now, and with registered outpost location any griefing that may occur is found out, the culprit banned, items normally returned if they still exist and you spend a few hours repairing as you would after any mob attack anyway. Frontier will now become an extended town with no worries in the world.
    Lightening storms, one of the vanilla aspects in the code will no longer be panic as you sit in your wooden tower watching every tiny part of your village for the sign of a confirmed strike which may burn your work to the ground.
    Land claiming was to be something to work toward to allow town type builds in the wild but on a much grandeur scale.
    I'm finding it hard to call ourselves even a chocolate vanilla server with these steps away form basic minecraft survival gameplay now.
    QuarterStop and boozle628 like this.
  10. ... you know that was supposed to be a Smokey the Bear edit, right?
    Curundu and boozle628 like this.
  11. Personally, Out of all the things to play "Survival" with in the EMC wild, I would look at "Fear of building burning from environment" last on the list of things think of when looking at "survival".

Building and playing together, slaying monsters while mining, etc is the fun elements of "survival".

However I can try to make environmental things still burn, just block player/enragedcreeper created fires

Official Empire Land claiming will also bring teleportation perks too.

Latter, so each player damage will essentially have a score based on that players difficulty level, so if the player that does the most damage is in easy mode, the loot scale will be much lower.
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  12. I am-Aikar reader :p
  13. Is it bad that I'm happy that we had that absurdly long thread? Super glad that these changes are being instituted but I am a little disheartened that it had to take a player getting banned and lots of blocks of text for these changes to even be considered necessary.
  14. It's more along the lines that we didn't know it was really a major concern. Today's thread allowed us to see the problems from the view of the player and we can now make changes based on that.
    dresden72 and Twitch1 like this.
  15. Before I get too excited to go adventuring, I should ask: is there a rough timetable on these changes, have they already been put into effect, or will there be another "official" announcement once they go live?
  16. I think he is working on the coding. But square changes should be made tonight or tomorrow.And moderators now have the ability to promote to the front page for event purposes...
    Kephras likes this.
  17. With the minibosses no longer attacking players unless it is attacked…does that mean I can now get close up wildlife photography of them safely? :eek:
    queendiva1 and krysyyjane9191 like this.
  18. So will there be any kind of changes to ensure that this doesn't have to happen again, like some kind of update to the suggestion box, or some kind of petition to aikar thing?
  19. "Here we see the wild Marlix, moving swiftly through the trees. Though difficult to view with the naked eye, close observation has revealed it travels on top of a small cave bat. Dr. Pen Foldex prepares the net, attempting to capture it for study. Researchers at the Empire Wildlife Institute hope to learn how such a tiny creature can carry the bulky skeleton on its back..."