Response to Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Great, Easy Minecraft (Emc) is going to get MORE easy. This is getting more and more noob friendly. I mean it used to take skill to have nice enchanted items but it is now easy to get levels because once you are done with a grinder, you kill yourself and head back to your res to get something enchanted. Now, the bosses which are an awesome part of emc are being nerfed. To me, it is saying that emc should get rid of the rupees system and just let anyone, get anything they want for free. If people don't like emc as it stands, they should find a new server because I have been here for a while, and there is a reason I have been here for a while. One, there are nice people and such that I enjoy to hangout with. Second, I enjoyed the parts of emc that made regular minecraft different. But if this is going to be changed and made not as enjoyable as it was for me, then it may just so happen to make me leave. What I think Aikar should do is that stop trying to change things that exist unless 90% of the people didn't like it. Second, work on things new but allow people have their say and put their input it that would make the game more enjoyable.

I just my old emc back ;(
  2. The Survival Update pushed the mobs from "Easy" to "Normal" difficulty. Cave spiders deal poison now, mobs hit harder, zombies break doors. None of that is being reverted. It may feel like it's getting "easier" from where it is now, but you can always "opt in" to the harder mobs if that's your wish, and compared to where it was two years ago when I signed on, it's still going to remain significantly tougher than "Easy" mode.

I too wanted my "old" EMC back, but it seems we have a very different notion of what the "old" EMC actually is.
  3. well to be honest krysyy, the game is meant for greifing and if someone doesn't want to get griefed, they should go out far. OF course they will get banned if someone greifs but if it thay can't greif, thay will just go off and do some other thing if they really wanted to get banned.
  4. I agree with that. The wild claiming is being added so that those who want to not travel out as far can be protected from griefers as well. It's not being forced on anyone, just another option to make you feel safer in the wild.
  5. True, but that is what Mojang has done, not EMC. I am talking about changing things in regular minecraft which exist in the game just to make it easier really bugs me. EMC should just add things thay they have made themselves and not change them up because a few people don't like it.
    B4DMAN5IMON likes this.
  6. exactly, if someone doesn't want to go out that far, they would go to the trouble of claiming a place where it is safe. There are good and bad things about it. But i think it is not a bad thing. Especially since it would cost a ton of rupees that they had to earn to claim the place.
    B4DMAN5IMON likes this.
  7. Um... what? "Enraged" mobs are not regular minecraft, they are EMC-only. Nothing "regular minecraft" is being nerfed here, it's the EMC-specific content that's being discussed. Instead of being ridiculously stronger than normal mobs, the Enraged versions will only be 10% tougher by default. Marlix and Momentus (also EMC-only) will not go hostile unless attacked.

I respect your opinion, but at the moment I think you are thoroughly confused about what's going on here.
    607, Curundu, PandasEatRamen and 2 others like this.
  8. All I care about.
  9. glad to see you back maybe kephras, GIMME MOAR BOOKS!
    Torian42 and 607 like this.
  10. A friend from the FTL boards stalked me here, I'm trying to convince him to open his own book shop as well. EMC could do with some more literature - right now, "Tiger's Text" feels like a novelty store.
  11. i just love reading emc books i made a thread once offering to buy 5+ page books with a plot off people but got a poor response
  12. Nice, all good ideas. This will allow players to choose how they want to play in the wild. There are lots of players on both sides of this, as the survey showed. Some want hard fight-to-survive wild. Others want simple-buildable-fun wild to build and frolic around. Some of us (me) want both! :)

I love to build, am not very interested in doing heaps of fighting. (I play other RPG's/RTS's for that, far more advanced than what minecraft offers). So 80% of my time is focused on what I can build, how i can improve it, or make it look better. But also occasionally love getting knee-deep in hostiles and crushing my foes with OP gear i spent ages crafting. :) Then back to building lalalalaa

I hadn't thought about the creeper problems with bases, but I can see how that is a major issue. Glad to see that will be remedied... Don't want to have to start banning creepers... not sure how id' go about doing that?

Questions:
    1. Difficulty settings: A player will be able to set this at any time? So I could gear up, lock up my house, set difficulty to hard and go find trouble. Then when nearly dead, low on supplies and overloaded with loot, I can turn difficulty back to easy and scamper home?
    I'd like it this way. :) The freedom to choose your style whenever you like.

2. Nether Hounds. They are cool, kinda cute. But I hate them. They do not encourage me to venture to the nether at all. In fact, i tend to just log out, jump server, whatever.Are you looking at changing/nerfing them?

2a. They are fast, and small, they don't just run up and attack, they run all over the place, and push you around causing damage at the same time. In the nether, there is no real flat terrain, there are cliffs and lava everywhere.
    2b. They require a different enchant of a weapon than smite, which most other mobs in the nether are vulnerable to. This means a different weapon to carry. They are very hard to hit with a sword, let alone target with a bow, mostly because of their size, speed, and terrain (they never come straight at you as every other mob does).
    3b. They come in packs, never alone. Always packs, with up to 10 hounds coming at you fast.

Making Nether Hounds non-hostile until attacked, like pigmen, would be a good idea IMO.
    dresden72, weeh666 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  13. YES YES YES YES YES x Infinity. I HATE them so much. Not only do you have to dodge fires already there, hitting pigmen, ghasts and lava, but now these stupid dogs? I don't care to go into the nether and will just try to buy my own nether related things from now on I guess. Brit and I ventured out to get soulsand. We had to walk quite a ways to even find any and TWICE in a couple minutes we had 6+ hounds on us faster than white on rice.

To a lot of us, "Old EMC" is Easy mode, no bosses that suck you through the wall of your wild base and immediately de-spawn all your good enchanted gear, just to suck you back up and instantly kill you almost faster than you can re-spawn, No creepers, spiders, skeles and zombies spawning in perfectly lit bases, at my wild outpost on 6 we had walls to keep things out and thousands of torches and they still spawned. We moved out of the desert to a Mesa, still tons of torches and they spawn like crazy. No dogs that light the ground on fire and call 5+ more to throw you around, light you on fire and shove you off a cliff/into lava/into pigmen or ghasts, there were no bosses in general to summon 6+ buddies who are on fire and will light you on fire so you can't do anything but burn and get hit. We're not saying we want everything handed to us, we just can't stand that for some of us, the game isn't as fun with all this extra ways to die.

Edit: Oops, this sounds like it should be in the Community vent thread >.>;;
  14. Thank you Aikar, could never have asked for anything better.
    dresden72 likes this.

15. gyah, I wondered what that might be when I saw it lol
  16. Points five snd six.

Fantastic. Thank you.

Even with my wild village far, far out in the Wild I live in constant fear of finding it covered in lava one day, or another Enraged Creeper burning half my village down. I will no longer have that fear once implemented.
    I guess I will have to resort to cutting down porphira's (unestablished, waiting for the Empires update) forests.
    FYI porphira is 10,000 blocks away from an outpost and is surrounded by water so no fire damage
  17. Fire and lava not burning... To me that is kind of taking away the fun of Minecraft...
    Jcplugs, 607 and B4DMAN5IMON like this.
  18. So it is "fun" for your builds to burn ?
  19. Bite doesn't bite, bite is bitten.

I love how you are listening to the community Aikar! :D