Random Screenshot Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Hoi, Feb 19, 2013.

1. It's not a bug, It's a feature :)

2. This is my third account on utopia. :) No, that is not a joke. :p

7,048,891 stone is a bit over 2039 DCs. :D

All with a single voter's pickaxe! :D
  3. So I finally decided to go out and hunt my fav mob. Enraged Nether Hounds, after quite some time waiting for them to spawn I came over a hill and saw a pack. I got excited and started my barrage on them. Lo and behold I saw a head drop and was THRILLED! a couple were shot and killed just out of my view but no worries.

I grabbed all the loot, trucked around the hills and looked for the other loot. Turned a corned and this BEAST came vis to vis to my nose! I jumped in my chair and had to take a screenie. Had no idea 2 had dropped and this guy decided to wear it's hat...

Ahhh EMC I've missed you!!!

4. :eek:
    Can you do instant mining with a voter's pickaxe, at least??

Did you end up getting that one too? Seems like a dangerous ordeal... ;)
    Egeau likes this.
  5. Nope! Mining stone with a voter's pickaxe (Efficiency I) and Haste II sadly does not result in instant mining.
    607 and Egeau like this.
  6. I didn't think so. I can't imagine how long that must have taken, then. :confused:
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  7. Neither can I, but it certainly took a while. :p
    607 likes this.
  8. Ran into... this... on a survival world. I couldn't kill it then, so I left it alone.
    But later.... I encountered it again... And I prevailed! :D (nearly died in the process)... killed the chicken first, then the baby zombie.
  9. I was exploring a raided end city and found a sneaky shulker that I sniped!

10. Let's bring it to a next level! :D In our new temporary storage, we had some shulker boxes with signs on them, so I couldn't block them easily... this seems to work for the night. :p

11. Did you end up getting that one too? Seems like a dangerous ordeal... ;)[/quote]

Yes, I was quite nervous about getting it, aggro the men of pigs that is... So I situated myself for a full on barrage of flying gold swords and swiped at him with smite 5. Instant death (diff 6) and NOT 1 single Man of pigs were upset. They were all like, Welp, There goes uncle Irv, he lived a good life.

So yeah, That lil adventure scored me 2 Hound Heads that made for a fun story to share with you guys.

Hope you enjoyed!

Cheers ;)
    607 likes this.
  12. I was going through some super old screenshots and noticed that Krysyy used to visit me a lot... :)
    607, wafflecoffee and MoreMoople like this.
  13. Wait, the caption was totally different when I saw this post before. :confused:
  14. Selling potatoes and carrots for 20r each! Don't mind the potato and carrot farm off to the side...

Also, my balance just happened to begin with 607! :D
    Merek_Shadower, 607 and MoreMoople like this.

15. I posted this earlier but then deleted it, as I remembered there was a thread specifically for forum screenshots. But when I went there it turned out it hadn't been posted in for over 1.5 years, and the last page of it actually consists almost entirely of music discussion and discussion about discussion. :rolleyes: So I thought it would be best to keep it forgotten. :p It doesn't have any truly nice screenshots anyway, in my opinion.
  16. Ocean monument is being cleaned :D

Total worked time from starting with building the mobswitch to having a clean and water free end result - roughly 10 hours on my stide and 8 on Tom's (the difference being making the mobswitch.) A better way to put that is: I spent half an afternoon making the mobswitch, and then we spent two evenings together cleaning everything.
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  17. ah
    so polite
    (taken by milosaurus_rex)
  18. To be honest, I don't know why you're doing this, but I am impressed. ;) Well done. :) At least you did the two evenings together! I imagine this would be a fairly repetitive task, and as such allow for conversation about other things. :)
    Egeau likes this.
  19. Well... Most of it actually was kind of stressfull... As you can see, there are quite some guardians there. That are pretty tough mobs to deal with, especially since they have a knockback distance attack, that can knock you off a flying machine and into the water, where four of them can kill you if you're not carefull... They also make mining a lot harder, as knock you around and kill you quite easily, even with full protection diamond armour.
    Luckly enough: we had a mobswitch during the mining, which isn't, like, the easiest contraption to deal with... (A mobswitch is a system that basically sets the world into peacefull mode whilst it is running, which ment that no guardians spawned) Sadly, a mobswitch breaks when you unload the chunks, so we didn't have one whilst making the flying machines, which is why it took us four hours, instead of the two it could have been done in without mobs.
    The main problem of this monument was that it was located directly under and iceberg, making it really though to clean (normally, you would just drop sand on top, but, when half of the area is filled with ice, that becomes a lot more difficult) This ment that we had to first mine everything, which was the difficult part. The water removal after that was kind of diffucult too: these flying machines break when ice forms in the worng place, so we had to babysit it with guardians spawning. I think I died twice and Tom something like nine or eight times. :p

We're doing this because of those guardians that made it so hard to begin with: when killed, they drop prismarine shards, prismarine christals (used for crafting sea lanterns and prismarine blocks) and (cooked) fish, making them quite a usefull mob to farm. They only spawn in water in the area where there "used to be" a monument, meaning that, if you clean the entire monument, and make sure no hostile mobs can spawn anywhere, you've got yourself a beautifull place for a mobfarm. :)
    Sprhyngtime, 607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  20. While that is true, I practically only died once, and then a bunch more while I tried to get my items back.... :p
    607 and Egeau like this.