Random Screenshot Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Hoi, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Well... this exists now... :D

2. well that's nice
  3. whoa that's sick!!!
    CarFryer and MoreMoople like this.

4. that's a pretty neat light show ya got ther bud
    MoreMoople likes this.
  5. mhm... (okay... technically a render, but sure :P
    jossytheninja, __Devil_ and 607 like this.
  6. (I was wondering what it was, until I thought it was Minecraft, but then apparently it wasn't)
  7. (Screenshots edited to only show relevant text)

I make quote compilations like this all the time hehe :p

8. Sometimes you come across nice stuff in the waste...

As it turned out I didn't have my shulker box, "oops" :)

I thought this looked pretty cool; it's as if the flower forest only exists on that small island (it went on a bit more 'behind' it though).

Going a little "back to basics" here, camped out in the wasteland and building a shelter / house / base / "something" using only (mostly) stuff we find in the waste. Almost got enough materials to start building :)
  9. The power of the OptiFine

If you ever wonder why many players are in such high anticipation of OptiFine for 1.13 (at the time of writing they're 80% done with their code?) then this is a good example. Notice the light patches in that cave? Well, at the time of taking that screenshot this was as close as we had gotten into it. So we were still exploring :)

In case you're interested this is the current state of affairs:

It's what I usually refer to as a "split ravine"; there's a huge chasm /ravine which eventually splits off into 2 sections. It's a bit difficult to see I guess but that wall on the left is the separation between the two caves.

10. Gee, it's a good thing that sign was there otherwise I'd never have guessed! :D
  11. While sorting out my screenshot folder I found this one from an older waste. You got to admit it's almost like a real Fata Morgana (mirage):

607, MoreMoople and TomvanWijnen like this.
  12. I have never seen so many silverfish in one place before :p There were about 10 in there before Jeffi and I killed them all.

ShelLuser and MoreMoople like this.
  13. Reminds me of my bed at my parental home. :$
  14. These are all the items I collected at Midnight Miners with Saz today :D

MoreMoople and 607 like this.

15. Here's me standing at the beginning of the long tunnel that CarFryer. CompaqDisc, PiminNate's alt, Swiss_ and I worked on during the midnight miners event last night! It's quite long and from what I remember, it's 1,400 blocks long? Lots of ores and caves were found. :D

(Now you guys know what I do when I go mining. :) Check out my railway on SMP6 "/v waste w" if you are interested in seeing something done by one person. :D)
  16. Check out this... interesting biome generation :confused:

17. Lukas3226 likes this.
  18. Let's bring this thread back with some landscaping...
    Zhyrr, a terraforming guy at Sapphire, made some landscaping quite a while ago, and, it looks quite good, don't get me wrong, but, this is not how scale works man (trees, it's always trees when I show a build that's not by me :p).

19. wow, awesome. that's minecraft?
    My computer is smoking by looking at the screenshot itself already :D
  20. Yeah... that is (a render of) vanilla minecraft :p

This is too

And this is:

I could go on...

And on

And on

There are some really good builders out there, and I have been luckly enough to colaborate with some of them (as a custom tree maker). There are some really good builds out there, ones that go compleatly unnoticed basically everywhere...
    (That sounds far more poetic as I intended... sure...)