Quitting

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by KiraShizumi, Mar 18, 2015.

1. This. When I get bored in town, we go play at our base in the frontier. It's more exciting sometimes than just running around town. Also, maybe switch to a new smp and meet new people.
    DubChef, Chief_McCloud and khixan like this.
  2. First: if you do decide on going then please don't enter my name in any competition. I'm kinda busy as it is and I'm positive that there are quite a few others who are much more deserving of that (just my opinion of course, but someone who actually knows you already sounds like a better choice to me).

Well, might as well chip in myself I suppose, even though I don't really know you. Then again; I guess just voting and not participating tends to do that.

Although I don't like seeing anyone take off, just like the others, I also want to warn you not to try and enforce things upon yourself. If you don't like doing something then so be it, you can give it a few tries of course, but always keep in mind that in the end it needs to be fun. A game which isn't fun isn't entertaining anymore and could very well turn into a burden of some sort.

I can't really give much advice here unfortunately because we all play the game in a different manner. Not only that but we're also talking a little after the facts I guess. Even so; what always worked for me is taking things a bit slowly, one step at a time, and also devoting some of my time to the community. One reason is because I like helping people out, but the other is that it will also help you meet new people, see new things, and sometimes do crazy stuff together 8)

As cliché as it sounds (and I know it does) but Minecraft really is what you make of it yourself.

Anyway, here's hoping you may rediscover EMC but if not then I also hope that you'll find some other hobby to spend your time on.
    BlackKnight1021, 607 and Traynfreek like this.
  3. I can't say I know how you feel, as I've only just recently joined EMC...almost 2 mths. now & still enjoying it so far. :p If you do decide to quit though, I'm sure you'll be missed. :(
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  4. Whenever I get bored, I head to the wild with nothing but tools and see what I can build just from the materials I harvest, rather than buying everything. It's fun and a good way to clear your head; if you haven't tried that, I would suggest giving it a go.
  5. Usually a hiatus from it all for a few weeks or month is sufficient to give the mind a chance to rest. And then when you come back you'll have a new perspective and new ideas.

Here's hoping that this isn't goodbye for longer than a while. :D
    H_Cat_5000 likes this.
  6. I have been on and off EMC probably 3 or 4 times in the 3 years I've been here, and it has almost improved every time I got back.... maybe try to leave and come back?

Anyways I wish you good luck in your future;) and if you need to dump your rupees somewhere, im always here:D;):p
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  7. Don't quit! Empire always has new things to try out!
  8. It's always sad to see people go
  9. I've seen you around since day one, I remember your thread where you joined EMC. I've never really talked to you properly but I'll support you in what ever you choose. Sometimes a small break can do justice and there is more to learn and explore afterwards. But what ever you choose, I hope you have fun in your future endeavors! :D
    Nickblockmaster, ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  10. kind of sad to leave when being succeful, you can do almost anything with that ammount of rupees lol.
  11. So your quitting cause you've done it all and your bored. I don't know who you are cause I haven't met you yet but you got money and the means to make more money but it's boring you say. So you've probably built a gold farm, built a massive iron farm, have paper villagers, have a massive cane farm, You made spawner grinders of all types. found nether fortresses, made a wither farm and a blaze grinders. You have a shop you sell your goods to other players and keep it stocked for the good of the new players and you advertise it. You mentor new players that are new to the Empire. You've made some of your farms public for community use. You active in your or other smps communities. You've participated actively in cleaning up the frontier spawn areas for your or other smps. You established an outpost in the wild and made it where it is self sufficient. You have a growing membership at your established outpost. Have you applied to be a content contributor or a mod? Volunteered to help out with normally scheduled events? Here's one... Find an abandon mineshaft and restore it into a fully functional mine shaft and do it in the waste so you don't get to keep it after 3 months go by but take pictures and post them with your progress.

Did all of that already? If you answer no to any of the above (except the last suggestion) then there is more for you to do and no reason to give away all your "stuff" randomly when you could put it to better use for yourself and the community. Get out of your normal routine of... "I've gotten to the point of being so wealthy that there's nothing I can do anymore except farm more money. After a while, though, that gets tedious and boring."... and try something new.

Just saying...

Have a great day. :)

But in the off chance you do decide to quit... Good luck in you future endeavors.
    Also... consider this my entry for the random drawing too.
    M4nic_M1ner and ShelLuser like this.
  12. I don't like building or making farms, and I'm not a very nice guy so I don't get along with people that well, most of my friends have quit EMC for the same reasons. I've been on this server for over a year and can honestly say it's the longest I have ever been on one server by far.
  13. Awww... well I wish the best of luck. (enter me!)
    just kidding, you don't need to, but if I win, awesome.
  14. sad to see anyone leave the empire :( hope you decide to stay
  15. It makes me kinda sad to see someone leaving EMC... But thats your choice, not mine.

Well, I wish you the best my friend, and you have a bright future ahead!

Stay Safe! Stay Strong! Stay Happy!
    reploid1 likes this.
  16. I'm sorry if I sound rude or have misunderstood you, but it seems as if no one can do anything for you, and your just trying to get attention, whether you plan on staying or not, I have no idea.... Sorry I've done this before and looked back on it and I'm like: "Wut. Was. I. Thinking." :oops:

I guess my point is you couldn't have totally become bored of Minecraft, as there is always something new to do, especially on EMC! Make some friends, as there are many awesome EMCers out there, and enjoy yourself! ;)
    ShelLuser, Justin8846 and 607 like this.
  17. I don't want attention, especially not from strangers, the purpose of this was for people to keep an eye out on the giveaway thread if I make one.
    ShelLuser and Cchiarell6914 like this.
  18. may the real cannibal shia labeouf never find you and you live your days happily away from the empire
  19. glad to of had ya on EMC. Good luck in what ever you do after Emc.
    Cchiarell6914 likes this.
  20. Always sad to see people leave. I only started playing on EMC again a few weeks ago after months off. The desire comes and goes, good luck anyway fella.