Prayers Needed For Paris

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ww2fan168, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scrolling down this thread and reading it, I can't help but think everyone's signatures and profile pictures are really happy and joyful. (ww2fan168, exception of your profile picture)
    iNachos10 likes this.
  2. Ill be doing a give away soon for this. Just so people will recognize it.
  3. +1 #prayersforparis
  4. This is why civilians should be armed. Guarantee terrorists would think twice about being... well idiots to keep chat clean.
  5. No, this just proves that despite our best intentions, some people are just evil. If civilians were armed, this would happen every few weeks if not days. As it does in the US.

Terrorists do not and would not think twice.
  6. #PrayForParis =[
    When i saw it on the news. It was pretty depressing
    mercenaries2009 likes this.
  7. True, but why not?

Sure, this is a major tragedy which deserves a lot of sympathy for those who got directly involved with it. But it is IMO not something which should now control our lives. Because if you let it come that far then you're more or less giving the terrorists exactly what they want.

Of course my thoughts go out to the family members of those who got killed. But that's also where the problems occur...

Say you got involved, say you had a horrible day and you want to get away from it. You want to escape from reality for a bit. So lets assume some find that escape online.. You go onto your favorite website and... wham. You're confronted and reminded of the whole incident again. You go to another website: wham.

Now, don't get me wrong here: I'm not saying that it is wrong to spread awareness or to show your support. Absolutely not. But there is also something to say for not paying too much attention to all this in public and continue doing what you normally do.

Don't forget that one thing those <censored> thrive on is attention. Well, sorry, they're not getting too much from me.
  8. Let me remind everyone that this thread is not meant to discuss the politics of the attack or attack prevention, etc. Political debates will see this thread locked quickly. This is a very sad time for Paris and this thread is a place to note prayers, thoughts, and/or whatever other good things that you wish for them in their time of need. Please keep it that way.
  9. 128 dead, 99 in cricital condition. Source: Dutch Media

Prayers are with my close friends in France and paris.
    iNachos10 and Sunny_Chicken like this.
  10. Sad times :(
    iNachos10 and ww2fan168 like this.
  11. My thoughts are with the poor families of the victims of such a horrendous attack :(
    Qkazoochan and iNachos10 like this.
  12. :(
    Meanwhile, we're here, celebrating the coming of Sinterklaas.
    But yeah, I agree with Shel.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  13. I do not condone evil (as for pretty much everybody). This is sickening to hear how they want the innocent dead. And for them to do this on such a date like this is pretty messed up.

On that note, my thoughts are all given to the victims of the attack.
    ObscureGolem likes this.
  14. French Officials confirmed 150+ deaths, source: Fox News, CNN, and FotMob ( app )
    iNachos10 likes this.
  15. And the BBC also stated around 160 deaths
    My thoughts are with the victims and their families
    ItsMeChespin and BlinkyBinky like this.
  16. Are we including the attackers who have been killed? The ones who went into one of the places (can't remember where) went in as six, and I'm pretty sure one got shot and two killed themselves by activating bomb belts.
    ww2fan168 likes this.
  17. "When Paris turned out its lights, the rest of the world turned them on."
  18. #PrayForParis! My sister is there in college! I hope everything is fine....=(
    iNachos10 likes this.
  19. Praying for those who were lost and their families. =( We also created a memoriam at FNM last night.
    iNachos10 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.