Prayers Needed For Paris

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ww2fan168, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feel bad for those innocent people who lost there life... Sending my prayers
  2. The empire logo also changed... It's just horrible so many people lost their lives due to some terrorists :(
  3. Not only the EMC logo changed here:
    iNachos10 likes this.
  4. I hope that any of our emc members that live in france are okay and I feel deeply saddened by this.
    Spookres and iNachos10 like this.
  5. The tv network here in Sweden have changed there logo to the french flag with a four on it ( the four is for the Channel 4)
  6. not only this, but there has been multiple bombings, and a M7. earthquake in japan, and multiple tsunamis, i wish for the best, this world is horrible
    Salmatic and iNachos10 like this.

7. My Heart goes to the people who have lost family members in the last day, Its sad to see what people are like - For anyone in Paris i hope you all stay safe <3
    Sachrock, lottie1664, ESSELEM and 3 others like this.
  8. For anyone in France, please stay safe and indoors. It's such a tragedy that so many people have lost their lives :(
    MrsWishes and iNachos10 like this.
  9. Isis cowering attacks against civilization they don't know how to fight a real war they have to kill the innocent
    MelleTheHundred likes this.
  10. I pray for healing for all those who were harmed and I pray that those who would do evil in the name of God have a change of heart.
  11. iNachos10 likes this.
  12. Oh well. Messed up that images. But it is the France flag if you can't see it.
  13. I'm sorry, Paris does not need your prayers. Do not "#prayforparis". Prayer, and religious extremism is, at the root, the cause of the issue.

As a Charlie Hebdo cartoonist posted on instragram himself, "Friends from the whole world, thank you for #prayforparis, but we don't need more religion! Our faith goes to music! Kisses! Life! Champagne and Joy! #Parissaboutlife."

Instead of sending prayers, do something actionable. Donate to the French RedCross, Donate to Doctors without Borders, Donate to Secours Populaire Francais, or any other innumerable emergency aid charities helping there. Use the hastag #PorteOuverte, which means "Open door", if you have room in your house for French Tourists in your area. They can not go home yet.

I have close friends and family inside Paris. This event has hit me heavily personally. Don't pray for Paris... do something that will actually net results. Even if it is $1, they can put it to good use.
  14. Praying can net results just as well, and motivate yourself to do something more directly too.
  15. Without delving into any religious debate, prayer is more for the person performing it, than the person they are praying for. It gives you a sense you are doing something, without actually doing anything.

If there is a god, he most undecidedly favors action. The prayers of ISIS were met that day, they acted.
    iNachos10, nfell2009 and _Toto_ like this.
  16. I'm not sure if that's the most cynical thing I have read lately but it sure rates. Chastising people for praying probably wont get you far. When someone prays or meditates on something they are devoting some of themselves to the cause for which they are praying. Trying to link prayer to terrorism is a bit far fetched. My prayers have never hurt anyone and I doubt anyone else's has either.
  17. I apologize. As I said in my first post, this struck very close to me.

All I'm saying is don't just pray. If you want to help, actually DO something about it.

*Edited* I apologize for my lack of tact in what I said, not in the actual content of it. I never linked prayer to terrorism. I just stated that the Islamic State acted, hence why their "prayers" were answered.

Help, don't ask someone else to help. Act, don't ask someone else to help. Take responsibility yourself, don't just say some words to whatever god you might worship and go under the delusion that you are making a difference.
    _Toto_ likes this.
  18. You may think that.
    But like I said, prayer also inspires people to actually do concrete things.
    So it's good to do it.
    iNachos10 likes this.
  19. No religious debates, please.
    This thread is only for sending prayers to Paris, and nothing else.
    #PrayForFrance
    Krysyy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.