Possible New Vault Goal!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by IcecreamCow, Feb 1, 2013.

?

Should those who earn their 100th vault page be rewarded with it being a wild accessible page?

Yes. 215 vote(s) 70.7%
No. 89 vote(s) 29.3%
  1. Didn't mean it to sound like I didn't agree, I was joking. That's why I added the :p. It's just that everyone said we needed fly and you guys pretty much said no and then implemented it, then same with vault in the wild, now you're posting a poll.
    FireHose_Dragon likes this.
  2. If you have 1mil to blow on this, I don't see 10r making a difference but probably not. I mean, don't see why. Unless to balance it out even MORE a higher fee is introduced - like 1000r - to stop people from filling their vault before dying accidentally.
    Nilex92 likes this.
  3. Access to a vault in the wild ruins the game. ....lame very lame
  4. I understand, but some people might not have gotten it wasn't a serious question, so I wanted to answer for everyone. Again, we said "no" to the idea of just allowing flying anywhere, not to flying in a set area which makes sense if we could find one, which we feel we did. :)
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  5. As said in the other thread:
    I might just upgrade to diamond temporarily just to get the wild vault, and once I'm done, downgrade back to gold. What I'm trying to say is:
    A)
    And
    B) Why can't gold/free/iron have a wild vault, but just raise the max vault number?
    I understand that diamond HAS to have advantages over gold, just like gold has over iron, but yeah....
    FireHose_Dragon likes this.
  6. It will not be easy to get. Thus the 1m rupee challenge
  7. That sounds like you just started a new competition just like TEXP. I can see it now. "I HAZ MET TEH 1MIL RUPEE CHALLENGE I AM SO PRO!" :p
    Curundu likes this.
  8. This is acceptable and if you want to play the game this way, completely good for you and the server. The rupee sink gained from doing this will be great for the economy.

This is our goal. Give something to those who REALLY want to work for it, while also helping the EMC economy as a whole.
    southpark347 and matthew12hydro like this.
  9. If I may I have a suggestion (it's a lot like alexchance's though. The 10r fee would be easy for anyone who had 1 million rupees to spend on vault, so maybe making a higher vault fee for the wild, like 5,000r. This way, people don't fill up their vault and then perform a quick death to save the walk back to town.
  10. Right, we won't discuss details in THIS thread as it's primary focus is to vote for the idea first, but if it does go through, we'll talk more about things like this. :)
  11. I think that's the plan. I want to say I read that somewhere. If not then I am imagining things or I can predict IcC's posts before they happen >.>
  12. i think this feature should be for gold supporters also.
    and only 50 pages to get it because thats still 500000r
    420000r more than i have ever had.
  13. Well, as an economist, I doubt it will have that much of an effect on the survival aspect if the minority of incredibly wealthy Diamond Supporters are the only ones able to use this.
    Although, it will definitely make the larger shops like AlexChance's a lot more powerful and could stamp out the competition, due to the huge supply he and others could introduce to the economy with this. There's a chance the economy could become significantly less competitive, if the situation was that there was one superpower like this per server.
    But of course I must support this due to my love of ridiculous control :p
    bloodra1n, Lasluin and southpark347 like this.
  14. Why not? Like I mean they do have to spend 1million rupees just to be able to use it in wilderness. That is actually fair enough, and people will only hate because they don't have 1million rupees to spend on this or they aint diamond supporters.

1Million rupees isnt easy to come by ( Unless you think smart ;) )

Back when I had over 2mil I didnt have any use for my cash and probly more people think the same way as I do. Once you really hit a big amount of rupees you can't think about how to use them, so this update will be fair enough. 1Million rupees to use /vault in wilderness thats a fair deal :)
  15. It will also go well with the dragon-tomb rupee value "sink" - if that's what we're calling them :p
  16. Guys, I'm interested in this, but here's my thing:
    Yes I have a job. Yes I make a fair amount of money. But if you ask any adult, they can tell you, that you get a tax on how much money you make.
    Yes, I know. It depends on how much money you make. But, I live with my parents and pay for my own food, drink, anything I need. In the end: I only end up with the money for gold and a couple dollars. I pay for gold, and the rest goes to the bank. I have over 800 US dollars in the bank. But that money is going towards a car. Yes I know they cost a lot more than that. I use a Coinstar machine (if anyone doesn't know what they are, you take your coins, dump them in and it gives you a ticket which you take to a store and redeem it) and that doesn't give me a lot of cash. So you guys can see my story. I know there economic situations way worse than my tiny one, like people living on the streets, so I'm not saying I have it all bad, 'cause I don't
    /end small wall of text
  17. Lol dragon eggs will reboost the rupee value
  18. I would prefer to see "factions" (claimable land) available in the wild. Diamond supporters can claim land 1,000,000r per 60x60 square.

This seems more fair. The thought of loading up a vault and dying to TP back to town seems unfair.
  19. Wild land claiming is coming, as part of another update. (Dragon tombs + wild updates) :)
    BitcoinDigger likes this.
  20. We have plans for claimable land. Please search the forums for the "Dragon Tomb" update and you'll be able to see some pre-ideas for that. Also, as stated in this thread, we haven't gone into HOW we'll implement the idea into the vault yet or what, if any, restrictions will go into them. :)
    BitcoinDigger likes this.