Possible New Vault Goal!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by IcecreamCow, Feb 1, 2013.

?

Should those who earn their 100th vault page be rewarded with it being a wild accessible page?

Yes. 215 vote(s) 70.7%
No. 89 vote(s) 29.3%
  1. Alex is actually correct in this.

Before Aikar came along, Justin and I were so anti wild it's not even funny. All of these awesome wild updates coming are 100% due to Aikar's influence and hard work on creating them. I'd say it's probably fair to say that without him, wild updates/dragon tombs, etc. might never have seen the light on EMC as an idea let alone a work in progress.

That being said, it's Aikar's baby. He knows exactly what is needed and in what order to make it work properly. Let the man do his magic. He's probably way more excited than anyone about releasing it, so I'm sure I can confidently say that the least amount of possible time it takes to release this properly, is what to expect.
  2. I could not agree more!
  3. That all being said, this topic's getting a bit derailed. There have been other topics dedicated to wild updates, etc. Let's keep this one on topic. :)
    BitcoinDigger likes this.
  4. Could work, but then you'd also have to kill cross-server (wild only) vault or just make it so that you can open the vault in the wild only on another server :)
    ob1bob69 likes this.
  5. You mean fair because according to my calculation that the break-even point would come after about 1,400 to 2,000 mining sessions and supported by above comment from ob1bob69, it would be nonsense to buy it? ;)
  6. Urgh... good point.

Although personally, I wouldn't mind having one page of my vault only accessible on a single server, if it allowed me to transport more stuff from the wild.
  7. when is the claimed land in the wild going to be released
  8. When it's ready.
    IcecreamCow likes this.
  9. I just had an idea. Might as well throw it into the discussion. Add the ability to purchase a page that can be opened ANYWHERE on a certain server. (EX: allow you to open the vault in the wild, nether, town all on smp1; but not have access to that page on different servers)
  10. Heh. Great minds think alike.
  11. I think you're confused by Alex's statement - or I'm confused by yours.

The wild has always been a "build at your own risk area". We have rules saying not to grief, but there is no real protection from griefers (though they get banned). The idea of claiming the wild will put an end to that stance, making it safe to build in the wild.

It has always been OK to build in the wild, but with the known risk that you aren't protected. The risk will go away and be treated similar to town with the ability to claim.

Exactly. The ability to claim areas will remove some of those risks.

Many parts that have come out lead to the whole. The vault update was needed to move any unique item through the vault. Being able to claim the wild is a pretty extreme idea, and needs to have a fair system on how to claim it. Dragon eggs were selected because players have been wanting them, and they aren't available. The dragon tomb system will give everyone a fair start into claiming the wild - by making them earn new eggs.

There's not any resistance into prioritizing it. There's many pieces that need to be in place before it can be done correctly. One of the large pieces is now done.
    AlexChance likes this.
  12. I think that is should be more like a 50th page, like come on, 1millionr for a wild access page, tith 50th page, it is like 500kR so many players can reach that over time.
    Also once again, something only diamond supporters can have. Many say oh, just pay the 20$. Anyone in america know our economy is sh!t and 20$ spare is something you could use for food, or clothes. Many of EMC players are young children also, so expect their parents just to pay 20$ a month for them so they can try to reach 1,ooo,ooor.
    Just my thoughts on this controversial topic.
  13. i voted no it just seemed that its unfair for example if im adventuring with a supporter and we are jumped by mobs and we both are about to go down and i lose all my things but the diamond supporter can just put theirs into the vault and not worry about it (this is for the wild vault space)
  14. Hmm - to solve the mine-switchserver-open vault or just to discount the rupee price? If it's to solve it, they could just kill themselves, move to other server from town but as a discount it might be cool. I'd probably choose that one though - and so would everyone else most likely - so there wouldn't be much point in having the 1mil one.
  15. the wild res would be claimed by dragon egg? because other wise wouldent all the non supporters not be able to claim the lot in the wild?
  16. They'll be claimed by a dragon egg, which will be available to anyone who is able to complete the dragon tomb - supporter or non-supporter.
  17. Sorry, didn't see your post. Ignoramoose answered pretty much everything but I'd just like to add that once again, the dragon tombs need to come first, to make it a smooth and fair process.
    The probability of this happening and being successful is highly unlikely.. It'll take about 10 seconds of standing still from both parties in which time you'd both be dead from opening your inventorys/vaults - but the details such as this can be discussed if/when it's officially happening. Something like this wouldn't make it unfair though, and certainly should hold it back. :)
  18. If they can put all their stuff into the vault before a zombie eats them, I think they deserve it lol
    BitcoinDigger and Twitch1 like this.
  19. I just like this idea anyway it turns out. It is a great idea.
  20. There are a lot of good reasons why Vault in the Wild should never become a permanent feature, no matter what the initial cost is.

However, if the mob votes for it, it'll no doubt come in.

I would say lets scrap the 1,000,000r cost in that case. Lets make it a Diamond Supporter only perk, but lets make it financially ruinous to use it.

A cost of, what, 10,000r every time you open it in the Wild, would at least minimise the impact of using it to harvest a resource rich area at no risk, but allow people who have far flung outposts to at least get some much needed supplies out to their base, albeit at a cost.

Vault in the Wild is a game changer and gives the owner an unfair advantage.

The biggest thing any Developer will tell you in online gaming, is that if someone is being beaten by another player, you must never let them know they're being beaten with a paid for item.

This applies to all facets of Pay to Play and other micro-transactions.

Having Vault in the Wild is effectively the same thing.