Possible New Vault Goal!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by IcecreamCow, Feb 1, 2013.

?

Should those who earn their 100th vault page be rewarded with it being a wild accessible page?

Yes. 215 vote(s) 70.7%
No. 89 vote(s) 29.3%
  1. Chascarrillo and Crazy1800 like this.
  2. i think its 1500 XD
  3. That sounds right. I was gonna put 1,300 but figured I only thought that because of Diamond daily bonus.
  4. How to survive your first day in EMC:
    Complete the tutorial.
    Get welcomed to the server.
    Use the tools provided in the Empire Guide and the Tutorial.
    /v open /v claim #### /shop
    Buy saplings.
    Plant them.
    All the while respectfully interact with our members.
    Someone will offer to help you if you show respect and friendliness. - Survived
    Curundu, B4DMAN5IMON and Ahzeriel like this.
  5. How to survive your first day in EMC:

Get welcomed to the server.
    /v open /v claim #### /shop
    Plant them.
    All the while respectfully interact with our members.
    Someone will offer to help you if you show respect and friendliness. - Survived

I do all of that! :)
    Twitch1 likes this.
  6. Short mining trip without wild vault:
    Target mining level: y=11: redstone, gold, diamonds
    Travel to the mine (unexploited area 5k from outpost): 5 min
    Digging like M4nic_M1ner: 40 min
    Travel back to the town: 5 min
    Value of collected materials: 3,400 r
    Tools wear and tear: 600 r
    Net earning: 2,800 r (56 r/min, almost 1r/s)
    Travel cost (round-trip): ca. 700 r (2,800 r * 10 min / 40 min)

I did not include infrastructure costs and I did not fill the inventory completely
    ... so 600 r used in the -> calculation was a pretty good estimation.

1,300 r (diamonds daily free rupees) are worth about 25 minutes of rather highly efficient mining operation.

Hehe, well said :D

It means that a non-supporter has to dig for 12,5 hours to get 40k rupees,
    free rupees a diamond supporter gets per month.
    $20 would be about 3 hours of some rather trivial RL job.
    So my estimation of 1:3 is actually more like 1:4.
    If that's fair than it's fair :)
    But what about other perks?
    Lasluin likes this.
  7. Heck, you dont even need to buy them, you get some in the tutorial:p
    Twitch1 and LadBlo like this.
  8. Been a while. :)
    WolfThunderblade and jkjkjk182 like this.
  9. lawl
  10. Trip 2: Sand and sandstone
    Travel time (round trip): 2 + 2 = 4 min
    Digging time: 30 min
    Infrastructure / preparations: 2o min / 20 uses = 1 min
    Value of collected materials: 3,900 r
    Tools wear and tear: 300 r
    Net earning: 3,600 r (102.9 r/min, 1.71 r/s)
    Value of trip time (round trip): 3,600 r * 4 / 31 = 465 r

Single-server 54-stack wild vault would save one round trip.
    If charged per used slot (for example when taking stuff out),
    the value in this example would be 465 r / 54 slots = 8.61 r/slot

Side note: with increasing efficiency of digging / collecting, value
    of your time increases and so does relative cost of the travel time
    and potential value of the vault.
  11. Yes, IF the cost is much higher than normal pages (and only works if you're Diamond, which you need to buy it but not to use it in town, so you'd need to keep Diamond in order to still use it in the wild). (Say pages 2-99 cost anywhere between 10k and 25k (if it goes up each page...because why do you need more than 20 realistically unless there's a MASSIVE auction) then page 100 would cost something like 250k. Simply because you can access it anywhere, on any server, any time it's working properly.)

Yes, I realize you'd need a million to get to that page anyway, but someone would buy all pages anyway. They might not even want the bragging rights - they'd want to be able to use it to store everything needed to build a whole residence (or two). So that last page with special access should cost something extra. (And/or a rupee cost for using in wild.)
  12. In regards to vault access in wild. I for one have always thought highly of Empire due to their push for as close to a vanilla minecraft experience as possible. Sure there are really exciting features that are offered on here such as your own plot to build or the vault or eggifying animals, ect. But in the end, anything you build on your lot has to be earned. Either by mining or spending rupees on items that you need. I see that massive buildings that exist on some of the plots in town on various smp's and it is truly amazing the level of detail that exists and effort that had to go into making such tremendous feats. Then when you think to yourself, WOW, all of the materials had to be achieved through going out into the wild, mining them, defending yourself from mobs on the way back, finally getting your inventory worth of stuff in town and going back out to do it all over again. I just think there exists a certain level of appreciation for the individuals that build such great things when they actually have to work so hard to get the items to build it in the first place. I for one think that creating a shortcut for all of these items needed will (1) dynamically change the economy and I don't think it will be for the better (2) make things exciting at first as everyone vaults all of those items that you have always wanted to from the wild but will quickly lose momentum. I believe once you have taken more of the challenge away of getting all the materials that you need, you will see players losing appreciation for what accomplish. (3) and lastly, I just think you will change the true nature of Empire. Empire has always been as close to a vanilla server as possible in the wild and this will truly change that.

Now I know that this thread is more about the buying vault pages and getting a wild vault, but this is my opinion of wild vault access in general. I just think once you allow a wild vault access, regardless of how you do it, eventually the cost of getting this will lesses and possible even change entirely.
  13. Dude, persuasive essay man, all the way XD

i mean, you've got your thesis and everything, well thought out, and i think u rly made a very good point

i also have to agree with this, i mean, the server is upgrading to normal, to make it a little more challenging, and MUCH more fun, yet now were trying to add a wild vault, making normal easier than peaceful? rly?

no, i completely disagree with the idea of a wild vault. ppl like the challenge of survival, the challenge is what makes it fun, so why get rid of that challenge and make a sorta 'cheat-cheat' to minecraft?