Possible New Vault Goal!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by IcecreamCow, Feb 1, 2013.

?

Should those who earn their 100th vault page be rewarded with it being a wild accessible page?

Yes. 215 vote(s) 70.7%
No. 89 vote(s) 29.3%
  1. I don't think 1,000,000 rupees for vault accessed through wild seems fair. I wouldn't ever pay that, I rather just spend 10 minutes of my life walking to town than use 1m R that I haven't even gotten yet :p
  2. It's meant to be a perk that you have to work at it to get . Don't want to make it too easy so everyone can obtain it. it's prolly one of better Perks out there in EMC.
  3. This is a messed up Perk.
    facu12301 likes this.
  4. Then don't bother with it and stay at one or two vault pages then. None of staff is pressuring members to buy it's simple there if you want it and can get 1million Rupees.
  5. I wouldn't call it a perk. It was discussed to make it available to ANYONE for 1,000,000 rupees. That changes it from a perk to a purchasable Tool
    Gap542 likes this.
  6. So we finally get an update for something in the wild, and its Diamond only. Great.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  7. No, this isnt done nor is it planned to be done.

feedback has suggested its not the best of idea, so were more likely to look at expanding the enderchest instead.
  8. it was said in this post the post that 100 vault pages would not be for non-supporters, it would be for people with diamond supporter
  9. Well could another idea (Can be none vault related) be thought up for the majority of the people in the wild? (Non-supporters, Iron)
  10. The enderchest idea would be for all players too, but if we go page route, same as vault, different max pages per group..

so free would still have potential to upgrade it too.
  11. There needs to be a cherry at the end of the 100 vault page road. That makes all the sense in the world.

Possible "cherries":

* You could also just fill that 100th vault page with nether stars when it is first purchased.
    * Give the ability to link individual vault pages with a chest shop.
    * Give the ability to share a limited number of vault pages with others, allowing a completely secure method of transfer of goods outside of chest shops or shared locked chests.
    * Give the person who purches the 100th page a free 10(+/-) minute round at the Mob Arena for experience and mob drops without the player taking damage. The player could elect to solo this or do it as a party with a limited number of friends.
    * Their name in lights in the (yet to be created) EMC Hall of Fame.
    * Promotion to Emerald Supporter as long as they are actively supporting at the diamond lvl. Emerald supporters would have the same privileges of diamond supporters except they receive a free allotment of 16 (or whatever number) of a desired commodity a designated vault page each day. Rare items would not be included.

Well, that is all I can come up with on short notice.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx and AlexChance like this.
  12. 1: No. Then Aikar WOULD really ruin the economy.
    2: Seems a little OP, with some work, such as having to pay some rupees to send it to the chest, it could work.
    3: Don't see a problem with it, but how would it work?
    4. Could overflow the market for certain items.
    5. When was this planned? The hall of fame.
    6. So, free stuff? No.
  13. Well, I did design this system with some slight idea in mind for sharing access...

But gotta come up with a permissions system to do that, and waiting for the Plugin API to support custom windows is probally the best idea for that.

But the system was designed with extreme flexability, so that adding sharing is going to be simple once managing the access list issue is resolved.
    cnquast likes this.
  14. It's called brainstorming. Let's see you take the time and energy to come up with six thoughtful suggestions.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  15. Just telling you the truth.
  16. I think that it shouldn't be at your 100th page. That is an insane amout of money to be spending on pages that will never need to be used. ...
    cnquast likes this.
  17. I disagree. I know where this idea comes from. Being able to have your entire inventory of items available at a moment's notice will turn out to be extremely convenient. Especially if you run a shop. No more cycling items from chest to chest to chest. I don't even have a shop and I find it tiring.
  18. Actually, we changed everything up a bit since this discussion. It's now:

Iron - max 5 pages
    Gold - max 25 pages
    Diamond - max 50 pages

We can always increase in the future if we have people max out and want more. Also, we're likely going a different route for possible wild vault ideas instead of linking it to maxing out pages.
    cnquast, bloodra1n and M4nic_M1ner like this.
  19. If you got to this 100th page, would it be 'programmably possible' to have a free crafting table and furnace (and maybe even brewing stand?) as part of the vault? I'm not sure if it would even be particularly useful, except in those times when you're in town on a server where you don't own a res, and you have to go an an odyssey to find an [accessed] crafting table.

I voted yes in the poll, as in my opinion, 1m is enough to cover the benefits of the access, as you've still got to find the diamonds to mine etc, and you'd need to spend quite a while mining to find 1m worth of diamond. [EDIT: ICC's post above makes it seem like this might not be happening in this way anyway now. Even so, if the method to get vault access had a similar cost to the original suggestion, I stand by my point]

If the wild vault only worked on one server, as has been suggested, then I don't see how it would be different from an ender chest?
  20. It's possible - I've seen it done.
    mba2012 and will_iamd like this.