Possible New Vault Goal!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by IcecreamCow, Feb 1, 2013.

?

Should those who earn their 100th vault page be rewarded with it being a wild accessible page?

Yes. 215 vote(s) 70.7%
No. 89 vote(s) 29.3%
  1. Thanks for the kind words. Glad you're enjoying it here.

Not only are we working on better ways to help town/wild people come together more/easier, but we have a plan that will remove the risk of ever losing your wild builds again, so you no longer have to worry about saving your stuff for resets. :)
    Philovanrood likes this.
  2. The plans for Wild claiming REQUIRES Dragon Eggs...

Do you want us to do wild protection first and then only 4 or so people could claim land?
  3. Although I don't have any insider information on this, I think it's safe to say that in the event of any future wild resets, that a similar temporary Empire-wide vault will be implemented. It worked out really well for almost everyone last time.
    Philovanrood likes this.
  4. No not really I have made and given away over 1.5 million rupees and i was not a supporter of any kind at the time. so this is possible.

I think the problem may be if anything

1. Would I really want vault x 100
    2. Is the cost of having a wild vault only when you get to my 100't and costing me 1 mil to get it, worth the cost and effort.
    3. would an additional fee to use it then be even worth my wile useing it, considering the refused value of some item's.

Personally I would just pay for one months diamond support and get it for the $20 fee. Which I also think would be better as it supports the server at the same time.

I do like the idea of having a double ender chest with this wild vault i could bring back that full = 1 DC of items also ender chest full and inventory totalling 2 x DC worth of items.

So is it a good thing! yes I think it is and will be.

However is the cost of it as 1 mill'r I don't think so as it is unlikly I would ever bring back 1 mill worth of items from the wild.

Would I like to have it yes, and if I was implemented I would get diamond for 1 month to get it, I don't think I would spend 1 mill r to have it.
    ob1bob69 likes this.
  5. Once again guys - no one's forcing you to buy 100 pages of vault, it's 100% optional and won't effect anyone (including yourself) if you don't get it.
  6. Okay, so we might have a solution for your complaint. This is a new idea that presented itself with this comment:

All supporters have the opportunity to buy ONE (ever) wild vault. It will still cost 1 million rupees (regardless if you're iron, gold, or diamond). However, As a diamond, you still have the option to purchase up to 100 regular vault pages as well while unlocking the wild vault at your 100th page purchase.

This idea still gives diamond members a bit more than the others (as they pay more to support EMC) and still allows the other supporters to be able to earn a wild vault, should they decide to work that far.
    cnquast, bloodra1n, ViliZi and 6 others like this.
  7. Although we are not discussing the function of Wild Vault here, I say 1Mr is sufficient for locking in free wild vault access with stipulations tying Wild Vault to the Wild Update. Eliminate the "die to go to town" aspect. However, charging even more rupees for using something that was not accomplished in a single day is unfair.
    Punishing Diamond because free/iron/gold do not approve of a proposed system is unfair.
    If we have players willing to amass 1Mr, jump to Diamond for 30 days and then go back to their prior position, that is just as fair. They would have their 100 pages, Wild Vault page, and the pride of earning the perk no matter the rank.

I am sure many more contests will appear with the "Random Number Giveaway" posts. I know when I have the available money, I was intent on doing a "Random Number '30-day Supporter' Giveaway" of an undetermined number of Diamond/Gold/Iron to the winners. No more details available as I am still working on getting my financial situation balanced out. IRL hit me hard after the Child's Play Charity live stream. :)
    AlexChance likes this.
  8. I'm assuming, since there hasn't been a lot of specific information released about it, that the protected area is going to be centered on an egg's location and will enable Town protection in a certain radius something like a beacon. But the egg is arbitrary. You could center it on a block of dirt if you wanted to.

I keep hearing that "things" have to be done, there's nothing specific that I've heard other than having a way to get an egg that is holding back development of this feature. I'd be fine with implimenting protection, then after the Tombs are ready, adding the egg requirement in order to re-activate it.
  9. I like the idea, even though I am not a supporter. When I am, I will get many vault pages. On smp6, I am located SO far out in the wild that trying to get back to spawn would be almost suicidal. This would be great because I could get all my materials back to smp2 and sell them there.
    AlexChance likes this.
  10. In my opinion the old, pay for Diamond/claim 4 residences/stop paying/keep all four residences trick isn't right. I'd rather not see more incentive for people to play that game by adding a Wild Vault option to it. I like the idea of making it a high Rupees cost but not strictly tied to what I may once have spent in RL dollars.
    M4nic_M1ner and Twitch1 like this.
  11. Ever since day 1, the wild hasn't been there for making amazing builds. The main focus is for minerals and a (french)vanilla experience. Why do you think /map hide can't be used by normal members to stop griefers? Because the wild as it is, is not meant for buildings that can be griefed.

Currently, we're (they're) in the process of making EMC more wild friendly; hence "normal mode update."

Which is why the dragon tomb update is coming out. It fixes 2 problems, and is something great for a 3rd.
    1) Griefing! Wild protected, actually focuses on the wild.
    2) EVERYONE can get eggs with this
    3) Another big attraction for EMC

It just takes a while to make it perfect, and requires a lot of necessary pre-updates. :)

And they can't just add wild protection JUST like that; it'd be unfair because as it's planned, ANYONE can protect their area. It'd destroy the future use for dragon eggs too. One thing HAS to lead to another for a smooth experience in this case

tl;r Eggs needed to make it smooth process, wild is "build at your own risk"

That will be fixed. Players will be able to choose which res to keep + order their res's to solve it, so that all of them except the chosen one can be cleared. It's just been sort of... moved aside for now.
    Twitch1 likes this.
  12. I totally agree with you on that as well - edit
    The 4 residence hold is going to be lifted in the future. This was never the intention, and my post was written but not submitted before the newest suggestion made:

I feel this is a reasonable method to correct the complaints of wild vault pages as it would allow everyone to get a Wild Vault no matter if the Free/Iron/Gold have to pay a bit more overall to have Wild Vault and multiple pages. It is just rupees. They are not Vanilla.
    Pab10S likes this.
  13. ^ Agreed ^
  14. It's been said that diamond gets 100 page so that it costs 1,000,000 million to vault (it doesn't seem like a coincidence) from the wild. Now that everyone has a chance to do it, but with less pages, this could be scrapped completely so it changes to 100-50-25 :)
  15. I should probably read all of this first but, yes and no. How long does it take to earn 1 million rupees? How long does it take you to travel round trip to your wild base 1000 times? I know it would be bragging rights for some but honestly, you would only be bragging on how stupid you were for getting 100 vaults. Quite frankly, i felt pretty idiotic last night after getting to five.

Don't get me wrong. I love the new vault thing, would love it more if once you got to 5 (since its free open at that point) you had a button up top to cycle through them easier instead of closing and retyping, but 1. who would ever need / use 100 vaults 2. it makes no since what so ever to spend thousands of hours to collect enough rupees to get a wild vault that will propbably be limited in some ways and will never make up for the loss when you could have transported your supplies by foot and saves hundreds of thousands of rupees and hours of time in the long run.

It like having the option in real life to extend your life 5 years. That would be VERY VERY huge. But if you priced it at lets say 1 million dollars and it takes the average Joe 20 years to make that, why on earth would they waist twenty years of life to gain 5. You just waisted 15 years of your life to say you did it.
    BitcoinDigger and M4nic_M1ner like this.
  16. Why offer Wild protection at all then if it's just a repository for blocks I'm supposed to drag into Town? It's either ok to build out there or it's not. Telling me that I shouldn't build there because it may be griefed, but that it's also not ok to grief, then offering protection against it is contradictory.

You can say that the Wild isn't for building all you want, but people have been building there since before there was a Town and they'll continue to do so in spite of the risks we're reminded of so often.

The Town concept is a work around to resolve ownership problems. Wild protection is an extension of that concept into a larger, more flexible area. I don't see why there's a resistance to prioritizing it.

The Staff must spend a tremendous amount of time dealing with problems that Wild protection would resolve right away.

I'm not suggesting that we throw out the egg requirement for Wild protection. What I am saying is that it is an arbitrary prerequisite. One that could always be added later once the Dragon Tombs are done and eggs are available.
    M4nic_M1ner and BitcoinDigger like this.
  17. You're implying that there are ways of playing that are more valuable than others and that there are imposed ideas of how to play "properly" from the start on. (Wouldn't that be a kind of neo-mc-racism?)
    That just ain't right.
    Especially with building in wilderness. Think of outposts.
    (My best constructions are in the wild...)

OMG!
    Forcibly exposing non-supporters on the live map was done with the intention to deter them from moving out of the town and building in the wilderness?
    Griefing was planned all along, since day 1?
    With calculation that there will be griefers who will, about like privateers, here officially illegal, but in a hidden way supported by the authority harass non-supporters?
    OMG!
    I refuse to believe that!
    PandasEatRamen and melodytune like this.
  18. What about if any items in this wild page dropped on the ground when you died? Best of both worlds.
  19. Im too unsure to vote yet, and only skimmed through the posts for now, but i see alot of non-members not likeing this idea.

My I remind them that with a silk touch and Ender chest. You practically have half a wild vault already.

If there was a wild vault implimented, i think only being able to use it withing 10k block (The area inside all the outposts) would be fair.
    bloodra1n likes this.
  20. No but when EMC first started, let's just say that the ads would have said "60X60 protected lots in town" not "protected wild creations" - now, we will have protected wild land. :)

That would destroy half of the whole purpose - so that people that live REALLY far away can vault their stuff into town. :)
    IcecreamCow likes this.