Possible New Vault Goal!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by IcecreamCow, Feb 1, 2013.

?

Should those who earn their 100th vault page be rewarded with it being a wild accessible page?

Yes. 215 vote(s) 70.7%
No. 89 vote(s) 29.3%
  1. Agreed, gold should have half of pages since they pay half of what diamond pays. And they get half of everything else as it is right now, cept TNT and flying in utopia :)
  2. With residences, we wouldn't want to go over a lot as that's more of a real estate question and have to keep the open residences somewhat balanced for new players who are constantly joining. With the pages, it's more of a personal investment that only helps you but doesn't really affect others and adds a huge rupees sink. I know these kinds of things mean little to most players, as they should, but having a giant rupee sink like this is great for us.
  3. i'm for sure not wasting rupees on 100 pages, though the perk of this is indeed nice to have.. if they make it fair, because clearly, 8 for gold, and 100 for diamond makes NO sense to me, it just seems like its highly unfair, for both supporter groups.

i would understand better if 10 gold, 20 for diamond, because that is half, still so confused on this 100 thing...
  4. A vault in the wild is a VERY VERY huge thing. We need to make it expensive and hard to strive for.
  5. Agreed, vault on wild can make anyone superiorly rich even if its just one page
  6. If you want to make it expensive and hard to strive for, why not make the price to buy a vault, oh say, 20,000r and you can lower diamond pages to 20?
    M4nic_M1ner and FireHose_Dragon like this.
  7. Because then gold/iron/free would have to pay 20,000r too
  8. This whole thing confuses me. I've been without my pc for a few days and hubby hogs his.

So we're now implementing more things we said we weren't going to allow? :p As of right now the only people I think able to even get close to this would be Faith, Eclipsys, Alex. I'm not too butthurt about it because it doesn't affect me cause I doubt I will ever need 100 pages of vault and I doubt I will get to 1Mil just to get them. What confuses me but makes me laugh at the same time is that we keep implementing things that we say will never be implemented. I'm also with the few who misunderstood on the posts lately "It's just another supporter perk, why do we freebies get stomped" though I know there will eventually be things for free to benefit from, like the additional vault page.
  9. Well then it would only take 400k to get those 20 pages, which is not challenging at all
    Lasluin and IcecreamCow like this.
  10. Put simply, I think that the main (public) reasons behind this are;
    • "A rupees sink" - the value of them has been going down, down and down lately.
    • Give something that people can strive for, but doesn't effect anyone else - much. As you said, it won't effect you :)
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  11. I'm not trying to be rude to the golds/irons/frees/diamonds, but why not have prices going up? For example (not saying use these numbers):
    5,000r free, 6,000r iron, 7,000 gold, 8,000 diamond.
  12. Well I think this is the key answer to finally have an impact on draining rupees from the economy ever since the 10r vault fee was introduced. I say we do it because it will once again make the rupee valuable again. And if it doesn't, I'm reinvesting my rupees into gold :)
  13. I don't see that as a good thing at all tbh. I mean, we pay for perks with dollars - we need to pay for them with rupees too now?
  14. We don't and haven't added things that we don't say we weren't going to allow. We always say we won't add things to a game just willy nilly without thinking about a proper way to do so. It's a hard balance to figure out how to reward players who support the server without making it off balance and that is what we strive to do. A lot of thought goes into every decision we make. It's never just, "Oh let's throw this idea in EMC because some people asked for it."

Aikar and I debate probably more than politicians with each other on new ideas such as this. Not even kidding, some ideas take weeks for us to completely iron out. He generally comes from the side of performance and I usually come from the side of a general player point of view. Both sides are GREAT for everyone and we will always come to a middle ground that makes EMC awesome.

As this idea shows, as does every idea we've ever done, not everyone will understand, like, or agree with what they see at first glance, but just know that hours and hours of time was put into each decision and it is for the best of everyone in the long run. :)
  15. I'm just trying to say that I'm, how should I put this lol, confused that diamond has 100 vaults, while everyone else has 2/4/8. Why the big jump?
    FireHose_Dragon likes this.
  16. To expand off this, take a look at this; How is /entcount really effecting your gameplay now? How is flying on Utopia changing how you look at things now? How is the price of [LOCK] torturing you now (I admit, that one was for me :p)? How is this ACTUALLY going to effect anyone but the player who took the time to save 1mil and spend their rupees on it?
    Staff would probably have to answer that one. They did pre-discuss this together though, so it might have been 100 precisely for this, so that it takes a LOT to get /vault in the wild.
  17. I like this idea. Question: will it charge you to open the wild vault, or will it be included in the five page rule?
    southpark347 likes this.
  18. Well, why not? Most players have already said they probably won't even get the 8. Having such a high count for the highest level of supporter allows for us to add fun ideas such as this thread, without making it TO easy to obtain...which a wild vault really shouldn't. It should be a long term goal that people strive for. If it's not something you're interested in, having 100 pages, just pretend it's not there, just like it wasn't yesterday and nothing changes. :)
  19. Well essentially once the player has wild vault access, he will become extremely powerful slowly since he can just transfer everything back to his vault without traveling back ever. Like my wither farm in the nether and my obsidian farms on smp7 , I'll never have to leave them, I can constantly keep a steady supply of stuff entering the market without ever worrying about the journey back
  20. Good question and I don't want to give a set answer in this either way at this point (hasn't been discussed, since it's not really a planned idea...yet.)
    southpark347 likes this.