[POLL] What upcoming feature do you desire more?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Oct 7, 2015.

?

Which Feature Priority should we go with?

Poll closed Oct 26, 2015.
Dragon Tombs [3], Empires, Land Claiming 194 vote(s) 33.2%
Empires, Dragon Tombs [3], Land Claiming 41 vote(s) 7.0%
Empires, Land Claiming, Dragon Tombs [3] 350 vote(s) 59.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will it be compatible to mc 1.9? (Actually will Dragon Tombs be needed at all when 1.9 has infinite dragons in the end?)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. Regardless of what is done first I think it is really cool that you would consider the feelings of the players when making the decision. Another reason I'm glad I found this server.
  3. Lethar is unrelated to the actual DT3 progression, but as I said DT3 would be a "Survival Update v2", so I might slip in some of the planned mobs already like Lethar...

Cause thats one fun boss I have planned :p

The people wanting land claiming wants it to solve a current problem, and I understand that. Having hard work demolished is demotivating.

But we've made many changes to help prevent mass-griefing to limit the damage, and will continue to do so to make life without claiming not so bad.
    Hashhog, 607 and ChickenDice like this.
  4. This is just my guess of course but I'd say most definitely. Thing is: the End is a non-resetting world, just like the Frontier is. So I sincerely doubt that we'd be allowed to spawn ender dragons there whenever we feel like it, because it would destroy a lot of stuff.
  5. To be honest, I don't really care what the order is but all I want is something soon
    Mman likes this.
  6. Pardon me if this was mentioned anywhere but where does the "Games Server" fit into the plan?
  7. Im honestly ready for the Dragon Tombs. Its been out there for a long time and Im ecstatic right now :D
  8. Land claiming and Empires should come first. In different post, and I forget whether it was about the 1.8 update or name changes or something else, Aikar made a comment about perfecting what we already have before moving on to something new. Personally, I agree with that. I cannot tell you how much I would love to invite all of you to my outpost, but out of fear, sadly I cannot. And what happens when someone claims the entrance to a dragon tomb, only to have it griefed or used by another group? It may not be exactly as I described, but you get the idea. I think we should get the basic format of the frontier and it's rules polished and perfected before adding any more features to it. I haven't waited for DT for 3 years like some of you, but if I have to wait another 3 to see DT in a perfected frontier with Established protected Empires, then to me, it will be time well spent.
  9. This is great letting the community decide for the next few updates to come, ninja move right dur!!

Voted for the Empires, Land Claiming, Dragon Tombs. Why ? Because I side with my fellow empire citizens about being griefed constantly. Anything to reduce that tremendously will be a good bit to keep my attitude from reaching it's breaking point and besides I've heard this Dragon Tombs stuff since I joined back in early 2013, I've kept my crap together this long... it won't kill me to wait a little while longer for Aikar to finish it. :p:D

Really excited about the updates for outposts as not only will me and my friends be able to build more and expand with greater confidence knowing our stuff will be safer from griefers, but to actually have perms setup so we can control how players can function as a means to stick to certain tasks and such instead just letting everyone running around
    all willy-nilly. I also am quite the custom hostile hunter myself - CAN'T WAIT! :mad:

However I must speak up and against these people who seem to be aggravated or irritated that Aikar hasn't introduced Dragon Tombs sooner. I mean c'mon he has a life too right? He has stuff to do, responsibilities that we may not even suspect or take into account - Now for the 3 years delay, I can't just start calling off odd accusations about why he hasn't completed it yet, BUT point being, does it really affect you all that badly to know that it might get delayed even more ?! :(

SO WHAT!

Edit: A special thanks from me to all you awesome staff out there who work effortlessly to keep things running at their best and for improving the growing community. :)
  10. I think the idea of land ownership needs to be made clear, and staff opinion on certain things like land encroachment needs to be made public. And the actual claiming aspect needs to get done.

New bosses are nice but I wanna be able to protect my stuff
  11. I love all this but in my opinion, all this new stuff like land claiming is taking away the vanillaish feel of the server, it's turning into more of a factions server, not that I have a problem with it, I just wanted to throw that out there. I still love the Empire and always will!
  12. In the same spot as dystopia
    Twitch1 and Nickblockmaster like this.
  13. Well, even though I'm new I know that people have been waiting on Dragon Tombs for years now. For this reason, I vote Dragons first. Secondly, I personally haven't had any greifing issues (yet). It seems the staff does a great job at dealing with them promptly. Come to think of it, wouldn't protected lands save a ton of time & effort for the staff?
  14. PLEASE... Don't delay Dragon Tombs anymore... Waiting for Dragon Tombs feels like waiting for Fallout 4...
  15. niceeeeeee
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  16. I would love to have Dragon Tombs, but I had to vote for land claiming to come first as I feel its the most needed. With Land Claiming so much griefing and frustration will be prevented.
    ThaKloned and Nickblockmaster like this.
  17. I went with Empires, Land Claiming and Dragon Tombs. For me I would like complete protection for my things in the Frontier as I spend more time there than anywhere else. I can wait for Dragon Tombs.
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  18. Is there that much griefing in this server to begin with? I've been living in the wild since I joined the server and I rarely see people coming around my base and I've never been griefed, and I live really close to the spawn. Are you going to tell me that people with their claimed lands far away from the spawn, inside the dark areas of the map, are having more problems with griefing than I am?
  19. Yes.
  20. Is 1 issue with griefing not too much when it's preventable? The amount isn't relevant.
    Markethan13 and ShelLuser like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.