PLEASE Stop With The Grammar Nazism.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ItsMeAubey, Feb 13, 2014.

?

Should there be an anti grammar-nazi rule?

Yes 11 vote(s) 18.3%
No 49 vote(s) 81.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Why do people care if you say something correctly? The point is to communicate, not to write an essay. Not to mention I've seen most "grammar Nazis" make simple grammatical mistakes without realizing it, and some will even defend them to say that it wasn't a mistake.
    technologygeek likes this.
  2. It makes me very happy when people say I made a mistake, so I can learn too.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  3. This thread is slowly turning into the Global Warming thread.
    Cchiarell6914 likes this.
  4. Time for an interesting comparison.

The same reason we cannot ban grammar nazi's is the same reason we cannot ban Beliebers. You can hate on them but they are really not doing anything wrong. Unless they are being mean, spamming, or any else that is bad, they have a right to their opinion and their actions.

The world may seem like a better place without the but like it or not, it will do nothing.

I rarely run into grammar nazi's on EMC. People are generally nice and respect one another. The only time someone criticized is when it involves spam and repeated grammar rule breaking.
    607 and mba2012 like this.
  5. Beliebers are not harassing other people for how they type.

Grammar nazis are.
  6. ima beleiber
    607, Cchiarell6914 and technologygeek like this.
  7. Most people classified as "Grammar Nazis" aren't harassing people, they are simply pointing out mistakes. Some people may lea towards harassment, but I'm yet to see someone come along and actually harass someone about their grammar.

8. Like I said in the text, unless they are spamming or being rude, there is nothing wrong with hating on someones grammar. Unless a grammar nazi is being OFFENSIVE, there is nothing wrong.

Also, beliebers are harassing nobody and neither are grammar nazi's.
  9. But seriously, people correcting my English has seriously helped me learn English.
    TheMiniKins, 607, Olaf_C and 5 others like this.
  10. Are the red words very RELATED or is that just me...
    See green too.
  11. Feel free to have an opinion, just don't force it on others as fact.

If you think someone is harassing you, report it to the staff, and they will deal with it.
    technologygeek likes this.
  12. I think this is almost kind of silly. For those who don't want to use proper grammar or spelling either are simply special needs or plain out lazy, especially when you don't fix it.

For those of you who are lazy or don't care: Get with the program. You WILL need it when you grow up, into a (hopefully) mature adult. I mean come on people. This is gramer we are talking about :3 Sooo.... :)
    607, mba2012 and Olaf_C like this.
  13. That's like saying murderers are not bad because they don't cyberbully. Being a "grammar Nazi" and a "Belieber" have extremely little overlap in what they do that is not expressed by a huge majority of the entire human population. You really have no way to relate the two and say one isn't bad because the other does it. (I do not mean this in any harmful way but) THINK! Think about what you type before you type. If everyone used that rule, we wouldn't have need for grammar Nazis. We also would not need comments like that if people thought before they typed.
    Cchiarell6914 likes this.
  14. ;)
  15. So.... anyone who weren't taught English as their first language have a mental disability or are lazy.

I support the use of correct grammar and spelling, but that's the worst logic I have heard today.
  16. I apologize for not adding that. If English wasn't their first language, then you obviously cant place them in either of those categories, as English is one of the hardest languages with all of the sill small grammar rules.
  17. i before e except after c excluding....

• absenteeism
    • agreeing
    • albeit
    • atheist
    • beige
    • being
    • caffeine
    • canoeing
    • codeine
    • counterfeit
    • deign
    • deity
    • edelweiss
    • eiderdown
    • eight
    • either
    • fahrenheit
    • feign
    • feint
    • feisty
    • foreign
    • forfeit
    • freight
    • gneiss
    • heifer
    • height
    • heir
    • herein
    • leisure
    • leitmotif
    • madeira
    • neigh
    • neighbour
    • neither
    • oleic
    • pein
    • plebeian
    • pleiades
    • protein
    • seize
    • reign
    • rein
    • reinstate etc
    • reveille
    • seeing
    • sheik
    • skein
    • sleigh
    • sleight
    • sovereign
    • spontaneity
    • surfeit
    • surveillance
    • their
    • therein
    • veil
    • vein
    • weigh
    • weight
    • weir
    • weird
    • wherein
    • And a lot others....
    Cchiarell6914, Importerer and mba2012 like this.
  18. #English
    Cchiarell6914 and technologygeek like this.
  19. Are you actually saying we need grammar nazis?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.