Old timers of EMC

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Inuyasha1204, Apr 22, 2015.

1. When EMC started, there as no egging.
  2. I remember getting like 20 nether stars from an event on my computer that runs at 15FPS (~5 or less at death event) I made a fortune on them nether stars lol.
  3. i remember when krysyyjane9191 was a iron supporter..
    607, ChickenDice, Faithcaster and 3 others like this.
  4. Explosions and withers...the best combo...
  5. It was the "ICC Cycle." Death -> Explosions -> More death due to explosions :)
    Thank you. I think that's something that many members of the community (myself included) have need to hear for a looong time. I hope to see us back in our prime soon, but hearing it helps. :)

I never really was old, so my best examples are having to set up chests instead of mailing, having to search for materials in the Wilderness instead of the Wastelands, and navigating that massive maze of a Turotial. :p
    607 and Olaf_C like this.
  6. Don't forget having to block off your farm from other people! :p
    battmeghs, PenguinDJ and jkjkjk182 like this.
  7. Ahhhh the olden days. I remember them fondly and miss them so.
  8. I remember when Shaunwhite was a senior staff member (Not that long ago), and ICC was the guy running everything. I like when he disguised himself as a dragon and dropped dragon poop on everyone (I was like "What do I do with this stuff" :p) I believe this was at the 2014 Valentine's Day Event.
  9. That was like 2013 when he did stuff like that?
  10. I still have o
    I still have one piece of the OG Super Dragon Poop. ICC dropped it that day because he had taco bell.... :rolleyes:
  11. I think I deserve a saying since I joined in 11'.

I was still quite new to minecraft back then. I was introduced in my 7th grade finally got my account that year (That was a good year :3)

All us old members knew the struggle when iron supporting was necessary to stay on smp1. It gotten to Justin's attention that we needed a new server to hold the shear numbers of people joining so smp2 was born. You 2012 joiners caused a new millennium of emc. That was the year were a lot of smps were created and you all joined even faster than wildfire.
    (Ohhh the world is going to end since of all the members lol) But when smp2 came out, everyone was not so much interested getting a relief valve from newbies but to get the Enderdragon egg. They were worth so much like over 500k when the hammer for the smp1 egg. We used to have only one wild per server so enderdragon eggs were most admired. When smp2 came out more people wanted to gain a fortune. I didn't read the fourm posts back then but I am sure there were fights over who actually killed the dragon.
  12. Haha, when I joined, there was only a small smp (the current smp1), and hotels were a lucrative business before smp2's creation. It had just reached 1000 total registered members, and the server was almost always full.

You had a "Wasteland" that had a dynmap and a "Wilderness" that had none to build secret bases. Utopia was only a form of Wasteland with only daytime and restricted to supporters. Non-supporters arrived on a small glass platform where they could have a look around.

The first attempt made to make animals reliably available in Town was through an in-chat spawn command: /purchase
    It cost 350 r at the time, which was like the beginning of Dec 2011 or something. Before that, I remember having to run across Town, desperately trying to find sheep to shear. :D
    607, clan23 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  13. No, but it caused quite a bit of annoyance to have organized groups who repeatedly join the new smp's as soon as they got created to go hunt the ender dragon and kill him in the first hour after the inauguration. :confused:
    clan23 likes this.
  14. I can't say much for myself, having joined when SMP1-9 and Utopia were already out. Although I do remember the days of old Staff being lower ranks, donators, moderators, et cetera. The ICC events were quite interesting and very WorldEdit oriented in being fixed, involving suffocation of many xD
  15. ShelLuser likes this.
  16. I am just thankful that notch was thinking when they finally made sheep grow back wool. :D
  17. YOUR TOO NEW ahhhhh this is like 2011 and 2012 members talking over here lol. Your more than welcome to comment on our storys' lol!
  18. This is something I truly miss about the old Minecraft updates.
    ChickenDice, ShelLuser and clan23 like this.
  19. I remember the time that I had been doing something with multiple people on my residence, when I looked out of a window and saw a gigantic mooshroom drive go right by.

Well, there was the more traditional form of egging, in the form of actually throwing eggs everywhere. I still remember the lag spikes, and all the times I would lead a horde of chickens to their fiery doom.
    ShelLuser and clan23 like this.

20. Maybe I do collect promos.
    boozle628, 607, ChickenDice and 3 others like this.