New Supporting Options!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok
    Thx that really helped :)
    607 and highlancer54 like this.
  2. Glad it did.:D If I see my posts helping people and/or being 'liked', I will only be encouraged to continue to contribute where I think I can!
    Thanks so much for letting me know!
    607 likes this.
  3. ok I need a little help in redeeming a permanent res voucher. It says to right click to redeem but all that does is pick it up. What am I doing wrong?
    Thx
  4. This is not in effect right now. I am betting that there will be another post when it is in effect.
    607 likes this.
  5. So to answer your question, you need 4 vouchers to get 6. 2 earnable ones and 2 bought ones.
  6. Hmm, I think that supporters should keep the max residences they have. When we bought supportership, we were promised those residences. Also, why not let us keep them, we paid for them...
  7. As much as we would like that, the new EULA simply won't allow it.
    607 likes this.
  8. You won't lose any claimed Residences, what part of the post made you think that?

The supporter perk you are paying for a 1 month increase to your max limit. It was never sold as a permanent increase and has never been for the near 3 years its been offered.
    highlancer54, weeh666 and porphos like this.
  9. Hmm, shouldn't the 2 max res we get for ever being a supporter vary for gold + diamond? Also how come EULA supports a one res upgrade for ever being a supporter>
    607 likes this.
  10. I am sorry, but I have been reading through this thread for the last couple of days and I just am not fully understanding what will happen and what can be done. I am new to Empire Minecraft and I was excited when I found it. It seems to have been running the way I would like a giant server system to run. So far, I have supported the server by buying rupees and I have been considering starting with one of the monthly fee systems, but wanted to figure out how this works first. As soon as I start to get used to it, in a very preliminary manner, there is this EULA thing (don't let me get started on that). Anyway let me ask specific numbered questions so that hopefully it will make sense to me. Hopefully, this might help others in a similar situation and confusion.

1. Is it correct that any rupees that we purchased will stay in our account after EULA?

2. If I were to sign up for Diamond before EULA, can I choose three more residence for a total of four before EULA and keep them after EULA?

3. Do I have to choose the three other residence before EULA (8/1) to keep them?

4. Can one of the four residences be the large Utopia (120 x 120) plot and do we keep that after EULA?

5. BTW, how do you select a new residence? When I joined, my residence on SMP2 was given to me. I didn't select anything.

6. If I were to keep the four residences after EULA, can I still get to 6 residences after EULA (via tokens and voting)?
    And or can I buy the 5th and 6th residence and keep them before EULA?

7. If I buy derelict protection, does that protect all present and future properties on my cardiophil account?

Thanks in advance.
    AlexChance and 607 like this.
  11. I've just purchased a residence upgrade and permanent derelict protection. I'm pretty clear about everything regarding the new supporter perks but do have a couple of questions regarding additional residences.

Is there a time limit on how long I can wait before I acquire the additional residence I've purchased? There's one res in particular next to my existing residence which has gone derelict repeatedly. I would like to eventually claim it but it won't be available again for a couple of weeks. Also, if and when the time comes to do so, do I need to attempt a force claim or is there another method used with the additional res allotment I purchased?

The last thing I would want to do is lose everything I acquired on my existing residence by somehow going about that process incorrectly.

Thank you.
    607 likes this.
  12. 1: yes rupees that you purchase now will always stay with you (until you go spend them)
    2: yes you can select and claim 3 more plots before EULA comes into affect and you will keep them
    3: once the EULA comes into play you will not be able to claim the other plots (not for sure though)
    4: when you become diamond supporter 1 of your 4 plots can be a utopia plot and you will keep it even after EULA
    5: just type /res open then type /claim
    6: yes you will have the opportunity to buy the 5th and 6th res. tokens/voting will allow the current ones to become perm
    7: i am not sure about the derelict protection package and what it will protect whether it protect only plots u have claimed at the time or even future plots that you will eventually claim

i hope i have helped take care of some of the questions you had to better help you know what is going on
    cardiophil, spartan0405 and 607 like this.
  13. The derelict protection is associated to the player, not the residences. So it doesn't matter how many you own at the time of purchase
    spartan0405 and 607 like this.
  14. As said in original post the max res isn't redeemable yet, but anything purchased is guaranteed to be redeemed since it was bought pre us removing it.

If you pay for it, we're going to give you what you paid for :)
    That falls into the grandfather clause of the EULA.

I am trying to work on making it redeemable this weekend - but right now is just an extremely busy time (Our AC is going out... So there's an unexpected 3000-5000$ bill, plus car repairs, phones broke, events to do this weekend, traveling to krysyys next week. Just so much on my plate right now IRL. Remember kids: Don't rush to growing up lol), so trying my best, but hopefully can wrap up many loose ends at krysyys.
    mba2012, cadgamer101, BevK56 and 4 others like this.
  15. Thanks 820327. This helps. I am sure that I will have more questions, but at least I am getting some understanding.
  16. Will the new EULA effect Endertopia residences? Also, do I have to have an open slot to buy an Endertopia residence or can I have 4 claimed and the Endertopia res as an extra?

Thanks
  17. Endertopia residences don't count towards your max
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  18. This is all my understanding - Staff please correct if I am wrong.

1. Is it correct that any rupees that we purchased will stay in our account after EULA?
    Yes, all rupees that we get prior to EULA we keep. No difference between 'earned' and 'purchased' rupees.
    Get them now while you can, as after EULA compliance, no more purchasing rupees.

2. If I were to sign up for Diamond before EULA, can I choose three more residence for a total of four before EULA and keep them after EULA?
    Yes, you will keep all residence that you have claimed after EULA. However after the EULA changes, although you will have 4 residence, you will be over your "limit" of resses until you purchase/earn res vouchers. (This means that if you unclaim one of your four residences, without using any vouchers, you will NOT be able to claim a different plot) If you are happy with your res locations, hopefully you will not need to unclaim any of your plots (I have had to unclaim one of my resses, however due to my diamond supportership I was always able to reclaim another).

3. Do I have to choose the three other residence before EULA (8/1) to keep them?
    If you wish to claim 4 resses without the need for res vouchers after the EULA change, then YES. Keep in mind that if you are a diamond supporter now, you can 'claim' the four resses and be grandfathered in to keep all the plots. But, as you were a supporter your 'max' res limit will be two (as you were a supporter) instead of one. If you never need to unclaim/claim resses (moving resses) you may never need to 'use' res vouchers!

4. Can one of the four residences be the large Utopia (120 x 120) plot and do we keep that after EULA?
    Yes, you currently have the ability to claim ONE res on utopia. The entlimit is 150 (better than other smps). After the EULA changes, this may not be the case to easily get a Utopia res.

5. BTW, how do you select a new residence? When I joined, my residence on SMP2 was given to me. I didn't select anything.
    Look around, and see where you want your resses to be. I have three on smp7, and one on Utopia. Other players have theirs spread out across the different servers. Live map is the best way to see what is available for claiming (mouse over the brown-ish plots and it will give you a res number and the res status as 'open'). Be sure to hie 'F3' and see what biome your res is in. Nothing like having water freeze on you when you don't want it to...although making an 'ice' machine may be fun! Another way is to move close to friends, or you can also type in /v open to find open resses in-game.

6. If I were to keep the four residences after EULA, can I still get to 6 residences after EULA (via tokens and voting)?
    And or can I buy the 5th and 6th residence and keep them before EULA?
    Even if you have 4 plots now, keep in mind that your res 'limit' after EULA will be set down to 2. Hence to get to 6 plots you NEED to get 4 vouchers. We have been told that we can get TWO vouchers in-game ourselves (method not yet determined). So, to get to 6 resses, you would either need to spend money prior to the EULA changes for the vouchers, or attempt to get vouchers from other players (if available) But I would guess this will be a huge sum of rupees to even try to do this.

7. If I buy derelict protection, does that protect all present and future properties on my cardiophil account?
    As mentioned above, protection is per player, so every res that you have will never go derelict.
    Even if you have 6 resses and go derelict, and all your resses get claimed by system or others... you would still be able to reclaim 6 different resses should you chose to come back... (correct?)

Hope this helps. If you want additional resses, I would highly recommend that you get it now for a couple reasons. You will have your 4 resses 'locked' in. Also, you will (hopefully) get your rupee bonus for the next month. After the EULA changes happen, no more 'additonal' rupee bonus as compared to the 'free' players. Also, if many players hurry to get four resses... don't wait till the last minute to try and get good locations as the more and more players do this, the more likely the 'prime' real estate will be gone!

19. Thank you very much for the detailed explanations.
    607 and highlancer54 like this.
  20. UPDATE:We just reduced the price of this to 30$ for each! If you purchased at 50$, please PM an Admin your transaction ID and we can either refund you 20$ or credit you 250k rupees (that's a bit more than 20$ worth of rupees)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.