New Supporting Options!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. At least keep the Forever-Underelict 50$ please.
  2. I really am not worried about running out of Residences.

When I gave past gold/diamond supporters their extra res, it came out to be around 2000 people. So even if every supporter on emc ever also bought perm derelict protection, we would still have plenty of residences free.

so if 2000 people buy it, thats 200~ roughly per SMP... we have way more than 200 res's that "rotate" through the new players.

Plus, people losing their res to derelict is a leading cause of them never returning to EMC, so people who are willing to pay money, it does us well to ensure we can keep them on EMC and they can take break and come back w/o worry, vs taking a break, coming back then quitting.
  3. I have one question I'm not sure of.

After the new EULA comes into effect, will you still sell these vouchers because they'll be earn able through voting? Or will they be removed?
  4. Well, "officially" everything is based on opinions so no-one knows for sure since this exact scenario isnt laid out as "not allowed", but were stating temporarily offered since its questionable.
    porphos likes this.
  5. Ok, so I am a DIAMOND supporter right now. I have 4 residences scattered over the different servers. I bought one of the $30 res upgrades that is soul bound to me:
    1. Does that means I can get a 5th resident?
    2. Do I have to buy another $30 res upgrade to get a 6th resident?
    3. When I try to claim the $30 upgrade certificate, it tells me that it is not available yet. How and when will that be available?
    4. Do I keep all 6 residences after EULA? I don't want to start building and things get reset or taken away.
    5. I see that some people have giant plots. Does that mean that if you get adjacent plots that they merge together for one large contiguous building plot?

Thanks for your upcoming responses!
    1. Yes, once you get the 2nd for being a supporter, and the 3rd and 4th from voting streaks/tokens, you can use the token.
    2. I think it is one voucher per residence, another will be needed to get to 6
    3. Soon, Aikar will push out an update to make the vouchers actually work, another post will be made when this happens, so you'll know.
    4. As long as you don't unclaim any or go derelict, you will keep any residences you have.
    5. You can't exactly merge residences together into one, as you can't build on the roads in between, however, it is a senior staff service to do so. http://empireminecraft.com/wiki/senior-staff-services/#between-res-edits
    cardiophil and weeh666 like this.
  6. Just keeping things simple for gold vs diamond.

EULA doesn't support it once we go into compliance, but people get to keep anything they pay for.

Regardless of what the EULA says, customer support comes first
    weeh666 likes this.
  7. So I can protect 1 residence only? Like my current residence to prevent me from losing all my stuff I earned on that residence?
  8. This voucher would protect your entire account :)
    607, cadgamer101 and RainbowChin like this.
  9. If you mean the Derelict Protection Voucher, that applies to you account, so any residences you own are protected.
  10. I still cannot afford them at the moment.. :oops: ..and they would likely be gone before I could. If only there was a way of getting perm dereliction protection without having to offer my entire purse in return..
  11. Please, please edit the OP so the dollar signs are in the right place lol.. unless you are French
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  12. I think that Aikar writes messages like he codes.
    If you read completely left to right, it indeed will come out 'thirty dollars'
    For the 'engrish' language, it is $30.00 or 'Thirty dollars'

Lol sorry Aikar, thought it was be funny...I can't understand nor write code...
    And technically speaking, the dollar signs are in the 'right' place, not the 'left' place...:p

Ok, now I really have to shake my goofy mood.
  13. LOL
  14. I think it would be a good idea to expand all of the SMP maps if you're going to increase the max residence limit to 6.
  15. Adding more residences to a town messes up the numbering system, the numbers are sequential currently and duplicate numbers break some features. Doesn't mean it could never happen, but not as simple as it sounds. It would actually be a whole lot easier to make an smp11, but ideas for a different town configuration have been put into a tailspin due to working out the whole 'equal' requirement. Questions will get resolved eventually and adjustments will be made.
    Pooploser912 and 607 like this.
  16. There's an SMP10??
  17. Utopia is actually smp4 or something like that and smp9 is actually smp10 if you know what I'm saying
    Pooploser912, 607 and Seffychan like this.
  18. It would be doable to add more residences to each town (not saying easy) - and each server does not use all of the numbers allocated to them.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.