New Supporting Options!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. does a derelict voucher only protect 1 of the players res? or all of that players Res'?
  2. All...
    607 likes this.
  3. When does the new EULA requirements go live?
  4. Today.
    Awesome. So no rush on that.
    607 likes this.
  5. It looks like the MaxRes upgrade can still be purchased even though it's past September 1st.
    If I bought it right now would I still be eligible for the upgrade?
  6. Yes, just because it's the past the date doesn't mean they won't work.
  7. So I purchased gold supporter vouchers in lieu of signing up for an automatic-renewal membership. What will happen to leftover Diamond/Gold Supporter Vouchers when everything switches over to the new ranks? Will I still be able to redeem it for a "Supporter" rank?
  8. You will be able to redeem them for whatever the equivalent rank is at the time.
    PenguinDJ, 607 and fishmeal like this.
  9. Any idea when this is going down?
  10. Well, since Microsoft bought Mojang, they'll most likely change the EULA a bit. So EMC is waiting with removing any more things until things get a little more clear :)
  11. ^ I meant when is this that I quoted going down. ^

Also, when does the switch happen? Like, if I lose my gold today, do I already have the permanent extra res or will that be in the future? Sorry if that has been asked...
  12. It's still unclear. Maybe nothing will change and we will even go back to how supportership worked before the EULA got reinforced. Like I said, with Microsoft buying Mojang a lot is changing.
    highlancer54 likes this.
  13. No more changes are going to happen until we know for sure what Microsoft is going to do about Minecraft servers and supporting (Everything about Minecraft goes against their rules they have for every game they publish)... so until we know, we're not taking away any more perks (but will be adding stuff that we were planning that was Mojang EULA compliant)

And there was never any plans to 'lose' a residence, especially for gold.

As for the voucher thing, just have to PM.
    607, cadgamer101 and sambish20 like this.
  14. Thanks Aikar. That's awesome. PM you?
    So I'd be at 2/2 if my gold ran out tomorrow (if I never used a Max Res)? I know you've been more than clear enough about what is happening, just wanted to know when :]
    607 likes this.
  15. Currently all gold upgrades get to keep that +1 boost permanently as it was thought the perk was going away completely..

But We may have to revisit it if Microsoft doesn't make some announcement quick.
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  16. My priority is to look for some more monitors on newegg :p ... can't stand just 1 monitor again ...

Then I'll prob upgrade after that arrives. :3
  17. That makes sense. Mojang's EULA made a lot of sense to me, but I really never thought the things that EMC does were the things they were trying to stop. An extra plot of land or two for diamonds isn't going to make it impossible for free players to succeed around here :]
    &PMing you...hopefully you meant you...
  18. Won't Microsoft wait until the acquisition has actually gone through? I think that's due at the end of the year.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.