New Supporting Options!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I won't have the ability to determine by code how much a user has supported (data isnt stored in a parseable way), but I think we can give 1 additional free upgrade to people who have spent more than 100$ on EMC too on a case by case basis.

But note there is the 1 free supporter bonus, then 2 everyone can earn, so that puts you at 4 baseline as a previous supporter, and if we do this "big supporter" idea, 5.
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  2. If I was to buy Gold supporter right now, will I get another res still?
  3. What if you still have some gold supporter vouchers?
  4. Erm, a lot of this is wrong. Only previous supporters get 2 res's "by default", not everyone.

There is no "permanent" ranks for cosmetic/supporter.

They simply switch over to new ranks for re-occuring.

Just, none of the new ranks will have Max Res as a perk anymore.
    607 likes this.
  5. So, these will only be available until the new ELUA takes effect?
  6. This idea is simple once you get it.

If you were ever a supporter, you will keep all the residences you claimed. If you decide to unclaim all your residences for some reason, you get to claim 2 instead of 1. Additionally, you can earn 2 residence vouchers to increase your res capacity from 2 to 3 to 4. From there you must either buy vouchers with real money or from other players for rupees.

If you were never a supporter, you will keep your 1 residence and you will be able to earn 2 res vouchers to expand your res capacity from 1 to 2 to 3. From there you must either buy vouchers with real money or from other players for rupees.

No matter what rank you are, you cannot own over 6 residences.
    A smidge of rewording to help some people.
    Faithcaster likes this.
  7. I'll put it into relatable terms:
    • Player109 is currently a Diamond Supporter
    • When the new EULA comes into player, his res max (which is the residences you can have - so no residences will be lost, but if you unclaim your 3rd or 4th, you won't be able to claim another) will no longer be 4 because Mojang forbids the ability to buy extra plots, however;
    • His new res max will become 2, as will all current supporters and previous ones (anyone with a res max of 2 or more)
    • You can raise your limit up 2 further (with tokens/voting) to make your max res 4
    • Player109 can still grab hold of 1 voucher, however, and that would raise their max limit to 6, filling the 2 unavailable max res slots that are there without vouchers (but if you have earnt the 2 and were previous supporter)
    • NOTE: Player109 should not use a voucher while their supporter is currently active, as once it is over his new max limit will only be 4 (because supporter gave him 4, and a voucher filled slots to reach 6 - so once it cancelled, the supporter max is taken from 4 to 2, and the voucher only fills 2 slots because it only needed 2 to reach 6 previously, meaning the max decreases to 4 again)
    What's not clear is how many residences a voucher gives. I'm assuming that one will give you however many you still don't have to reach a max of 6?
    Mirr0rr, Faithcaster and Todd_Vinton like this.
  8. So, I am not sure if I have read this correctly the past 3 times I have read it, I have 4 residences, I will only be allowed to keep two of them? Is that it? and if so will this automatically unclaim the last 2 that I claimed? Would I be left with one res on smp1 and one Utopian residence?
  9. It won't automatically unclaime your resses, the decreased cap just means if you were to unclaim 2 of your resses you would not be able to reclaim 2 more as your new res cap is 2. However, imagine you were a diamond supporter and you decided to no longer support, your res cap goes down to one but your other 3 resses aren't deleted, it is just that if you choose to get rid of the resses over your cap you cannot reclaim them.
    607 likes this.
  10. I believe that $50 is overpriced it should be max $30
  11. You being a diamond supporter, in 3 months you would have spent $10 more than that costs.
    607, jkjkjk182 and RainbowChin like this.
  12. Aikar I think that you should add in big red font "No current residences will be reset" somewhere in this, because until I got to the comment section I was about to have a heart attack :p
    607, highlancer54 and Seffychan like this.
  13. what about the higher rupee bonus, where's that gone?
  14. but that is a payment over 3 months, this is one time
  15. This is permanent though. Your Diamond Supportership raises the Res Cap for you for $30 for 1 month.

What is the better deal?
  16. a. Higher rupee bonus for paid supporters is about to be banned by Mojang. This is out of EMC's control

b. I am concerned about the voucher for permanent derelict protections (not having the residence go derelict if you are away for ages). Eventually the servers will fill up with abandoned but not derelict reses. I would suggest that the voucher is time-limited, maybe for 6 months or a year.

You could also offer a one month derelict protection voucher for people who just want to protect their res whilst they are on holiday.
    KingGeorge3rd and boozle628 like this.
  17. Wait, wait, so... I have 4 residences, and If I use 6 vouchers I get... 10 residences? Also if we already have residences after EULA comes out will we be able to freely change our residences?
  18. thank you Aikar for your hard work ^-^
    607, wassatthen and MrsWishes like this.
  19. I don't understand, upgrade page states temporary offer. This isn't open forever?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.