New Supporting Options!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is temporary because Mojang won't allow us to "sell" extra residences after the new enforcement.
    and this is meant so you can keep those residences before the EULA will be enforced.
  2. So if you get Diamond supporter for 1 month you get 2 resses as of now? When your supporter wears off, do you lose it?
  3. because im diamond now, will i loose two of my reses?
  4. Question - For the Perm Derelict Protect part.. Do you have to buy one for each res or will the $50 cover all of your existing res's?
  5. Probably the term "Residences cap" must be explained in the main post, because what I see from comments, that is causing non understanding this temporary perk and how it is going to be afterwards.
    Also the actual cost for voucher is not very clear, if the $50=permanent cap for 1 residence or is it permanent cap for the max 6 residences.
    The cost is 50$ USD Per Residence Upgrade <---On the main post
    So, for $50 USD, you can increase your maximum residences you can claim up from 1, to a maximum of 6 per account. <---On Upgrade page

It's confusing :confused:

So, how I understand it:
    1. Players, who have been supporters, get-max residences cap=2
    2. Players, who have not been supporters or joined after 1st of August, get-max residences cap=1
    3. All players will have ability to earn increase of max cap +2 to the existing cap (by combination of high vote streaks and token costs)
    4. No residences will be automatically lost/deleted, you keep all the residences that you have on today, UNLESS you go derelict (and you residence gets forceclaimed or claimed by system)/unclaim it yourself.

Also, for those wondering-Residence cap=max residences that you can claim/unclaim and claim again permanently.
    Currently free players have max cap at 1, so they can always claim/unclaim and claim again only 1. Currently Gold/Diamond supporters have max cap at 2/4, so they can always claim/unclaim and claim again only 2/4, if they keep subscription active. As soon, as subscription ends, the max residence cap goes down to 1 as for free player.

I hope this helps to understand it at least for a bit. I tried my best, so excuse in case if it is still confusing :)
    Kyzoy and AlexChance like this.
  6. so wait i was a diamond supporter, so my max reses drops down to 2? what hppens to my other 2?
  7. It is as though your supporter perks had lapsed. they will be protected, but if you unclaim one, you may not claim another.
    So basically, just the same as now.
    607, boozle628 and Kephras like this.
  8. That's not entirely true, I was a diamond supporter for a month and aikar posted that if you were a supporter with MORE than one res or if your still a supporter, without the vouchers your max is 2 reses unless you already have 4 like me, in which case if I unclaimed all my reses when EULA happens I could claim 2 reses, but when I get 2 vouchers I can claim 4 again. And then again, buying a res voucher doesn't give a unfair advantage or isn't play to win, it just gives you extra building space. I simply don't understand how it is one of those conditions. Also if your a free player your max is one.
  9. There are a lot of people who don't read all of the replies.
    First of all, just a general tip that earns you respect occasionally, read all the questions and replies unless it is a really long thread. :)
    You have 4 residences... yes. However, if you unclaim a residence, you cannot reclaim another. This is because as a free player, your MAX number of residences is one. A diamond supporter gets four. You own those residences, but your max number of residences is below that. by using the 5 purchasable vouchers, you can make your MAX number six. That way, if you unclaim one of those six, you can reclaim it. you can also earn two of these vouchers in game, so you really only need to purchase two if you were a previous supporter and you exploit this ability by voting/tokens etc.
    As of now, if you are a diamond supporter, you have four residences. When your supporter wears off, (assuming this will go active in a month or so) you will have 2 MAX residences.

It works as it did before. If you support and your time as a supporter runs out, then you keep your four residences. However, if you unclaim one or one goes derelict, you will not have it anymore. It is as if you were a Diamond subscriber, then you downgraded to a gold subscriber.
  10. Can we by any chance get a free max res upgrade voucher by voting?
  11. 607 likes this.
  12. ok so as long as i dont do what you said up there ^ i will be fine?
  13. for what i sadid not boozle posted it in the wrong section xD
  14. I used to be a diamond supporter. What you just quoted states that veteran supporters will get 2 reses. I was once a diamond supporter
  15. whoops i was right never mind, so dont unclaim or get derlict?
  16. I know. You get a free +1 MAX residence because of that.
    PLEASE READ THE WHOLE POST... ;)
  17. This is concerning me as well. Granted it would be awesome if everyone bought one, but long term that could hurt the server as people wander off to other things. Highly recommend making it time limited as suggested, or maybe a combination of longer time (3-6 months?) and a world-edit "save", so if you leave, you can have your residence reinstated.
    wassatthen likes this.
  18. However, after this goes into affect, he will automatically have 4/2 residences.
  19. 4/2 meaning 6 reses>?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.