New Staff Application!!! (Version 5.0)

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Krysyy, May 31, 2015.

1. My pleasure. :)
  2. I only heard they are going to start looking over applications in a week. It might be a lie but that is what I heard from Hamster
  3. I'm pretty sure Hamster wouldn't say anything about that, even if he did know... If I recall correctly this was a mumble convo between you and mustang, not Hamster :)
  4. Fill out a NEW one? Really, after making that much effort to put detail into all those questions and responses and you're going to say its "deleted"... Its shameful that EMC just throws out our efforts like that and just expects we'll keep filling out forms like idiots until you decide you're in a mood to look at one. If this were a company, you'd go out of business.

Please delete mine. I just wanna play and not have my hard work carelessly deleted.

Best of luck on your staff search.
  5. Welcome to the world of being staff, where you spend a lot of time dong the same thing again, and again, and again. If you don't like that you have to fill in a new application once every few months, then you're definitely not suitable for staff. They're all read, just not all accepted in a single wave.
  6. Amen brother. I personally have no complaint, since all old ones were deleted it means that the staff can sift through fresher and newer players and answers. This gives a more vanilla response and an even more thought out staff pick.
    607 and FDNY21 like this.
  7. I usually wait 24 hours or so before doing thorough readings, but I will say that the review of staff applications from v5.0 has already begun and there have been 121 applications turned in as of this point and we just posted it yesterday =P
    In order to be fair to all players, when we start reviewing staff applications after a change, we want all people to have answered the same questions. It wouldn't be right if I caught someone for a bad answer to one of the new questions, but because you were earlier you didn't have to answer that question.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Just ask the staff that took the Staff test of August 2014 =P As Torian42 responded when I posted it: 'I normally don't suffer from test anxiety but just looking at this thing is making me hyperventilate.'
    607, sambish20, ShelLuser and 6 others like this.
  8. Thank goodness ICC isn't doing these applications... the poor guy would wear a hole in the floor, and it would take you days to finish them all.
  9. well in New Zealand it will be summer:cool:
    wolffpack58 likes this.
  10. Love the new format :)
    I can't to see who is this Yeat's new staff :)
  11. Do you want to help me fill out the application Sam..? Pwease..? :3 ...I can pay you in dirt.. :p
  12. Just to follow up on this, this is because the app REALLY is just a test of your creativity. You're actually supposed to break into a moderator's house, bug it, hack the computer, and then as soon as you get their staff app (bonus points for speed) you submit the EXACT same thing, word for word.

Also, it may be because it's cheating, but I like my reason better.
  13. Lol, it still takes days and they are constantly coming in. Hence the reason I have Senior Staff read them too =P
    wolffpack58 and hashhog3000 like this.
  14. Another way to instantly become staff is to get the staff IRC password. It's not too hard to get if you stay near krysyy for a while.
  15. Don't feel pity for yourself because it would take you a long time to fill out, feel pity for Krysyy who has to read hundreds of these applications
  16. Actually, EMC is a company :p
    wolffpack58 likes this.
  17. Yup. It's owned by Aikat Industries.
  18. Yut
  19. Lol, you had to have been in the normal IRC when that happened.
    There were maybe 3 people there that day. And none of them realized what I just did.
    Besides, we use slack now =P
    wolffpack58 and 607 like this.
  20. EMC is an entity of Starlis, LLC.