New Features! Signs & More - 1/30/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Planned as in Desired yes... I started working on it then hit a hard road block: the client doesn't support it.

It won't be possible unless Mojang changes how book reading is handled, unless we essentially make a self destructing book.
    ShelLuser, 607 and chickeneer like this.
  2. And adding something like Mission Immposible comment at the end of it : "This book wil self-destuct in 3.. 2.. 1.. " :)

Anyway, great update, lots of usefull things. Thanks !
    ShelLuser and tuqueque like this.
  3. I really like /dispose
    I am curious why it does not always work, sometimes it returns the items to my inventory, even though I clicked the green wool.
  4. I can double check the code on it. But should not be a reason it would do that
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  5. Finally! Proper wood slab names! xD Thanks!

Can you do the same for leaf blocks? :p

Edit:

And change "Acacia Wood" to "Acacia Log" (and also "Dark Oak Wood" to "Dark Oak Log"), in order to be consistent with the other log blocks. :)
    607 likes this.
  6. Is that all of them? I think this probably breaks current shop chests - so trying to minimize the amount we change. Could do some major changes to them when we update to 1.8 maybe.
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  7. Just add new aliases above the old ones, so both will work but itll display the preferred name.
    607, M4nic_M1ner and cadgamer101 like this.
  8. I like. (goes back to cleaning his M249)
  9. The names for stained clay, stained glass, and stained glass panes could be simplified as well. For example "Magentastnglass" could be just "Magenta Glass". Similarly, "Magenta Stclay" could be "Magenta Clay". And "Magentastnpane" could be "Magenta Pane".

Also, the names for all light gray items are inconsistent. Light gray wool and dye use the word "silver", while all the other light gray items use "light gray". I'm not OCD, I swear. xD
    607, Pab10S and cadgamer101 like this.
  10. This is really good.
    I'm extending my supporter status! :)
    607 and cadgamer101 like this.
  11. I'm glad so many things were added and fixed. EMC just gets more and more exciting.
  12. Just to be sure. It means that we can change our names already, but EMC will force-change it back to the old one, MEANING that you guys are saving our account IDs bound to our names. If means that, after finish all the work, they just need to remove that "force-change name" thing and our new names will show.
    So, after that period of renew plugins and stuff, the new names will start to be shown AND our account information in the server (plots, inventory, etc) will be kept?

Example for those who didn't get it:
    If i change my name to Kiss-Shot_Acerola-Orion_Heart-Under-Blade in February 4, my name in the server still will be "akiraic". But after they finish the updates, some beautiful day i'll login and spawn at my res with my new name Kiss-Shot_Acerola-Orion_Heart-Under-Blade being shown as if akiraic never existed? Without losing nothing?

I'm 99% sure this is what going to happen, but just to be safe i need the other 1%

At least this is what it tell us.
    As a programmer I know it should work that way, but we never know how they manage it, so i can be wrong. It is just the logical outcome.

return 1;
    jkjkjk182 and 607 like this.
  13. that's about right. We will still keep track of your previous names though. So not really " as If never existed. But the idea is to transfer everything
    607 likes this.
  14. Thank you very much!
    607 likes this.
  15. Just to make sure: I can confirm that this sometimes happens (/dispose not removing items).

Of course I cannot be sure about the cause, but when I started experimenting it almost seemed as if using an even amount of items (4 stacks of dirt) "fixed" it whereas trying to dispose 4 stacks and 2 separate blocks got continuously blocked.

However, disposing an "uneven" amount of items is not a sure way for this to happen; so far it only happens every once in a while and apparently for no obvious reason.

Hope this can help, I'll pay extra attention if this should happen another time.
    607 likes this.
  16. Yeah, I see why it is doing it some of the time. Need to brainstorm real quick - than fix it.
    cadgamer101, ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  17. Great new updates!! Thanks to both Chicken and Aikar for all the hard work.
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  18. I have tried using the [ restrict ] sign on chests at my res, but it seems once this sign is placed, no one without #admin flag can open said chest. It does lock out users that have #container flag, which is good. But shouldn't I be able to allow a player listed on the sign to open the chest?

I keep a number of chests on my res for a friend who doesn't have/want a res of their own. I'd like to lock these chest so that only they (plus my admins and I) can open them.
    607 likes this.
  19. #admin #container
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  20. Restrict is different from access. If you want to allow a player to access the chest, you have 2 options:
    1. Set up an access sign above the chest
    2. Give everyone on the residence container, place a restrict sign above the chest with his name.
    607 likes this.