New Features! Signs & More - 1/30/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Jan 30, 2015.

1. The problem is though, that even with someone's name on the restrict sign, they can't open it.
  2. It's intended that the RESTRICT sign also acts as an ACCESS at the same time, so may be an issue with that part chicken can check into.
    MercenaryCrow likes this.
  3. I didn't design it to be an access sign, but just to restrict. Will put in a change for it though
  4. Ah, then yeah, needs fixing, it currently doesn't act like access signs.

It's what makes the most sense to me, you're restricting the block from other players with the same permissions. This change will probably make ACCESS signs obsolete lol
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  5. I don't think the restrict sign will make access signs obsolete. There are definitely situations I'd want to be able to use both of them. For instance, I can have a helper with limited access (#container, but not #admin) help fill a chest for an auction winner, who'd use a chest with a [ restrict ] sign. Both have unique uses.
    607 and ItsMeMatheus like this.
  6. Lol, well you copied the lines from access that handle names and it looks like it should work in doubling like access.
  7. Not going to even give a hint? :3

Why don't you want people to know? That's just teasing us :(
  8. I have to agree with all the positive comments re. the /dispose. It will come in handy during large projects like renovating my rail project on smp1 west frontier.
  9. Anyone have any PREVIEW signs up? Post your res addresses, I want to snoop. :D
    607, BreezyMan and hashhog3000 like this.
  10. 1307
  11. I am assuming you meant 1308, since 1307 has no chests?:)
    607 likes this.
  12. 12517 - I like the auctions so I am buildin a Haus of Auction where people can examine the content of a chest to hopfully cut down on questions asked about items in the auction thread. Started yesterday with the build but i used preview on the chest of my last posted auction. I've looked through a lot of the past auctions and people's questions including requests of a picture being posted of the chest content or item (e.g. vault voucher). By offering the preview people can look at the items themselves. I think that's a great thing.

Updated: As long as you don't have to go on a scavanger hunt on the residence to find the preview of the chest. :)
    jkjkjk182 and 607 like this.
  13. Question. How will heads work with name changes?
  14. I just came across this yesterday and not sure where to post/ask about this but... Both preview and shop signs work fine when placed on the front of a chest. Why do access signs not work when placed on the front of a chest? Should they or could they? Thank you in advance.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  15. They will not ever work in that way. Strictly 1 block above (or whatever else the wiki may say)
  16. So just out of curiousity, what would happen if a user were to get a brand new Minecraft account and change the name before accessing EMC on that account? In that case, they'd always be the new name, right? What if the name is the same name as someone on EMC already has? Could they get into that person's stuff or have access to their residence?

I suppose that name changes can only be to new names, so they could only do that for a user who changes their name. But still, that's a possibility. Someone on EMC could change their name, and someone else could find out, snatch the name, and get into their stuff?

I guess the only thing to do would be to warn people not to change their name, which you already did. But yeah, that would suck.
    607 likes this.
  17. Well, that can't happen yet, right? 37 days have not yet passed.
  18. I have been having problems with the name changes. I changed my name to PandManNwaf and as you said, it doesn't change on EMC. However, it has changed on most of the voting sites, which only leaves a few sites for me on vote on and therefore I'm finding it hard to get voting bonuses.
    Yours truly, toto_style123 of 17033, smp8