Netherhounds a drama since 1.11

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by RichRayM, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Netherhounds are really a drama in 1.11 in frontier nether.
    Railline get complete useless. When you arrive on station you not get any change to take any action or run away or your already killed if your not already got a big damage on previous meet with netehrhoun ds at the start of the railline.

I killed them, it worked mabye 2 days and now the are at 2 places back.

One big drama.
  2. Sooooooo..... the netherhounds have a bug of being way too powerful?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Best ways to help:
    • Start wearing armor and keeping a bow with you, if you want to take the "assault" approach, and kill them as you come into those areas
    • Half-slab the area, this will stop all mob spawning in those areas
    • Turn off Enraged Mob Spawns in your /ps settings (you can turn them back on once your done with the rail)
    • Turn down your difficulty level, that way they don't do as much damage and gives you a better chance to defend yourself
    Those are just a few things off the top of my head that should help with your issue. Good luck!
  4. If I can add one thing to the above.. if you do fight them and are fast enough, try to pillar up a few blocks off the ground and fire arrows at them.
  5. I wear always voters armor and everything, the second set you get.

Most above things i know. but stacking myself up is not possible because the ceiling. It's my most used trick.
    Half-Slab the floor, you cannot make slaps from harded clay, so that does not work. Sadly the spawn outside and come in on the rail entrances.

Best option would be to lower difficulty.

The are just in this version hugh amounts and with many. Well, i killed them at the end.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. I have fought many packs since the update and see no difference in their behavior. But, I would believe they could be spawning more often.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. Is the portal in a room of it's own or open to the rest of the nether? I would close it off it isn't.

Also, if your portal room is the only open space nearby then that is where they will spawn. You may want to mine out an area nearby so they have somewhere else to spawn.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. That's interesting idea. the rooms are closed except the train in and out going. (the spawn there to)
    So , it's open and closed at the same time. I think the come from other places in to. But i have some idea's to mabye make that harder to get in.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. I too have noticed what seems to be a larger than normal number of netherhounds since the update. However, I don't think it has anything to do with increased spawning. I think it's as a result of them not despawning.

Exhibit A: On my way back from for my outpost, a +/- 20 minute nether rail ride to the SMP9 frontier east portal, I encountered a pack of hounds on my rail near the end of my journey. They can run as fast as a mine cart and I was quickly overwhelmed and killed. As a result of my player settings, I was teleported back to a bed at my outpost where I had set spawn. Once again I made the nearly +9000 block journey where I encountered the same group of netherhounds at the exact same location. Death #2. I went back again fully prepared with heavy armor and weaponry and they were still there. That time I made mincemeat of all the flaming canines. Total length of ordeal = +/- 1 hour.

Exhibit B: At my outpost on SMP9 I have a fairly extensive nether rail network so I can rapidly travel from one facility to the next. Due to my outpost's somewhat extreme travel distance from town I have very few visitors. The possibility of other people keeping chunks loaded in and around my outpost when I'm not around is pretty much zero. Yet these days I can always hear several packs of netherhounds just outside the confines of my rail network and they are always at the exact same locations.

It's anecdotal evidence to be sure but something has definitely changed. They're all over the place. Aren't they supposed to spawn and despawn in the same manner as enraged zombies/skeltons/creepers? Or are they subject to different conditions like Momentus and Marlix?
  10. JD, I agree with your ideas, they work pretty much 100% of the time. I find Nether Hounds to be easy to kill ... but also; the countdown you have for Change it back to Hallows ... Do you sign up or something? Or is it just until you can change your name again?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. Lowering difficulty sounds like a great idea...until you try it. I regularly go quartz mining in the nether, and set my difficulty to one. Yesterday I did this, but the hounds happened to be on difficulty five. Although my difficulty was set to one, it did no good and I lost a bunch of stuff. Even while using god armor on diff 1 with god sword it was nearly impossible to kill them, and I ended up losing that set also. I don't see why they shouldn't despawn like other custom enraged mobs.
  12. No he's right. Something has happened since we've updated to 1.11.2.... There are Nether Hounds everywhere it's crazy.

13. They need your assistance.
    xxcapmanxx, Rimont, jkjkjk182 and 8 others like this.
  14. I have noticed that even with enraged mobs disabled the hounds still spawn on occasion. Yesterday was the first time in about 4 days that I have not had any hounds spawning in the nether around me.
    Of course now I am getting a ton of ghasts spawning within 30 blocks at times and at a fairly fast spawn rate. I can kill em, but it makes working in the nether a bit of a pain. Thankfully I have my voters bow so arrows are not a worry.
  15. If you can get to a point where you are above them and rapidly fire arrows. That works for fine for me with the voters bow as the punch enchant prevents them from getting close.
    Kytula and Equinox_Boss like this.
  16. AncientTower, whoo. that's a nice pile of dogs and from that angle and a voters bow fun to kill. Only most of the times your not where you where.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  17. I actually like the idea of these hounds being like this. I have complained for a while but it is driving up the price of quartz. Never a bad thing when your a nether hound yourself like I am. After encountering 20 to 30 spawned at once I have found new ways to battle them. It can be done however I have found myself trapped and killed because I was unprepared. Bring regen 2 potions, Bring Golden apples (The craftable) As well as what was said here.

18. hahah! They are spawning like crazy. Their strength is the same but spawning rate might have increased.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. It might of just made the nether more interesting.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  20. ya i ran into a pack off almost 50 and i could not travel i the nether till they despawned
    Equinox_Boss likes this.