Name Changes are here! 8/24/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We also added subflags for various entity and container types...

updated post with flag changes.
    AyanamiKun and ShelLuser like this.
  2. [plain]tame:ocelot[/plain].

Not trying to be funny here: just giving you something to copy/paste if you want/need to.

I dunno where I can best post this, but I think we found a bug with the createshop flag.

If I understand correctly: players who have this flag can place shop signs on chests without the requirement for the container:chest flag. However, right now my friend has build and createshop yet they cannot place a shopsign. The error message keeps saying that they need the container:chest flag for that to work. Adding this flag does the trick.

I've systematically (as far as possible at the moment) tried exchanging flags (specifically build & container) and it seems that no matter what; the container flag remains a requirement.

Maybe best send you my testresults in a PM or... ?
    607 likes this.
  3. thats enough to fix it. ill put it in the auto reboot. Hmm quick glance doesn't make sense why this is, so going to have to study more, but I need to sleep soon so not tonight.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  4. Aikar mindreading confirmed, time to make my tinfoil hat ;)
  5. And for those interested in how I deleted the files..

I issued cp -r plugins/Residence plugins/res_bak, then realized I should of done that AFTER the servers shutdown with latest saves, so I hit up arrow and changed cp to rm to delete the res_bak folder.... and forgot to remove the plugins/Residence portion :/

And then sadly, because the entire folder was gone, the save process of shutdown failed! Thankfully we have hourly backups.
    607, ShelLuser and ScrOcraft like this.
  6. All hail hourly backups!
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  7. Aikar, you should get some sleep, or you might accidentally knock the server over...
    607 and RainbowChin like this.
  8. I think we found something else, and its important enough because this is how most shops work:

When Aya places a sign above the chest (on the cobble wall I made) then the behaviour is as intended/expected. Don't give her createshop flag and then she cannot create the sign. Add the flag, sign is created, no problem.

However, when placing the shop sign on the chest itself then things don't work. For that to work the container:chest flag is still a requirement.

Not sure if this is intended, but the reason I mention it is because many shops place the signs on the chest and not so much above it.
  9. Yeah thats the tricky part because your interacting with the chest still...

I had a feeling that was the case. Likely just going to have to be a "document it and leave it" things. cause we dont know your trying to setup a shop sign when right clicking that chest.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  10. It's a minor issue anyway because in these situations there usually/often isn't any room above the chests meaning that access signs are also usually/often not used. Ergo: container flag would already be in use.

As for documentation, already added some stuff to my todo list just to be safe ;)
  11. In case some of you wonder how you can use this new chest interface then check out this post. I also hope you'll take a little time to read the first post as well; it might help you understand why giving players the admin flag can be a really bad idea.

And with the new chest interface there really is not much need for it anymore. Giving someone the admin flag does no longer make things that much easier on you than simply giving them only the flags they need.
    607 likes this.
  12. This is one of the best updates that we have had in a while. Thanks for the work, Staff! :D
    ShelLuser likes this.
  13. I think we finally got almost all of the flags added we want (exception of build/place/destroy). Could be some improvements to the system in the future, but will likely stay as is for a while :)
  14. Wow I can't wait for this!
  15. Sounds great!! :)
  16. Aw yeah, that's awesome! Now I'll get to kill - er, hang on...

2 x 0 = ...

Ah, crap.

This is very cool; I assume this is for situations where the res admin has already placed a chest and attached an access sign on it for the player? My question is, though, does the flag allow the player to also break the shop sign they placed? It's not hard to mess up and need to break/replace it.
  17. So excited that chicken's Res Flags Chest GUI is finally active. Just another reason he's an awesome chicken!!!

And Aikar's other things too =P Good to know I've got another command to avoid.
  18. My promo room thanks you for that :p

Some top notch additions here though. My daughter likes the chest GUI. Much easier for her then typing out everything. :)
    607, eviltoade and krysyyjane9191 like this.
  19. I love the PM history :3
    607 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.