Name Changes are here! 8/24/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That was the idea. With the amount of flags we now have, it was becoming cumbersome for players, including myself, to issue residence flags easily. When I joined, there were 4 main ones to remember. Now, there are a ton. Hopefully this new system will alleviate confusion for new players and old players as well.
    eviltoade and ThaKloned like this.
  2. Awesome work. Love it :)
  3. More MiniBosses! :D Hopefully I can find my first one, cause I haven't found one since I joined.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  4. yes! i finally might be able to kill marlex/momentous
  5. Please excuse me. I am just going to go into this corner and cry tears of pure happiness and joy for twenty nine hours and thirty two minutes straight. I am so happy. Thank you for the updates, Aikar and company! :)
  6. That's a lot of great updates and useful stuff for people who want to create more communal utilities in town, without handing out full perms.
  7. I am enjoying the increased mini-boss spawn rates, as they are quiet nice for getting loot.

So 5 minutes after the first server restart yesterday, a Momentus spawned beside my base. It was also the first one I've seen outside of the Mobarena on these servers.
    (I died 3 times trying to kill it on difficulty 4)

Then about 3 minutes later a Marlix spawned. I wasn't able to kill it, because it despawned soon after. :(

When they both spawned, I was not expecting the GIANT RED LETTERS to be displayed across the screen.

Anyway, thanks for the new updates to the server Aikar and to all of the development teams!
  8. LOVE the new flags! so happy about all the updates thanks Aikar and chicken and team <3 great stuff!

edit: oh yeah and for my very first time I've seen them!
    607 likes this.
  9. Man now I might have to go Momentus/Marlix hunting sometime...
    Kytula likes this.
  10. (about the new createshop flag)

No; it allows players to create their own shop sign(s) without the need to have the container flag (or an access sign I suppose).

However, keep in mind that this only works as long as the shop sign is placed alongside the chest (above it on a wall for example) and not on it.

No, that's still controlled by the build flag. And I think (but I'm not sure from mind) there was even another subflag which Aikar hasn't mentioned yet, but... not sure ;)

Also be careful when breaking other players shop signs: it'll break but also make you purchase one of their goods ;)
    607 likes this.
  11. sub flags for all blocks is extremely difficult to do as there is no definitive name for every block yet.
    cadenman2002 and ShelLuser like this.
  12. Can you ban endermen from picking up my specifically placed dirt lol They keep griefing me and leaving it in odd random places. :D
  13. Just report them like any other griefer. Be sure you get it's right username before you do though ;)
  14. Speaking of which... Just wondering / suggesting: I noticed that when you enable all sub-flags (click wool) it turns green, and right clicking turns it grey (default).

Would it be possible to have this check sub-flags and turn this into a specific colour (yellow?) when some of its child flags have been set?
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  15. this is a good suggestion. Should definitely be possible.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  16. Sounds great!
    • Miniboss Personal Respawn Timers are now Empire wide, so if Momentus spawns for you on SMP1, it will not spawn on SMP2 or a different world...
    • Now a 30 minute delay between miniboss spawn types. So Momentus and Marlix can not spawn at the same time, and then 2 more spawn in the Wastelands.
    • Adjusted spawn rates back down.... since the issue was all about that bug, those new rates were too fast.
    AyanamiKun, Krysyy and ShelLuser like this.
  17. So I'm at my base and a Marlix has spawned about 30 mins ago. These new rules mean that no other bosses will spawn until I kill that one? And will it still be there since you reboot the servers to change things?
  18. I'm a bit confused on these timers. Last I heard it was one miniboss per 24 (real-life) hours. Is that still the case?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.