Name Changes are here! 8/24/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. About the new mob spawns, a Marlix spawned near me and I went and killed it. Weird thing though is that it only took like four hits and when it actually died it wasn't from my hit. I was using a flame bow but it didn't appear on fire, so maybe it was fire that killed it but it didn't appear on fire to me.

It did drop items and give me tokens though so that's good.
  2. Just restart your Minecraft, it then worked for me afterwards. :)
  3. i deleted it

what i had to do was re-login again with the software and it took the name change
  4. Name sniping is for noobs.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  5. My power is rising...
    Rimont likes this.
  6. So it is...
    Tigerstar likes this.
  7. I just killed my second Momentus and have the same problem. It dropped an experience orb and a message said it has fallen but nothing else dropped, nor did i receive any tokens. Is there something wrong with coding or what? Maybe this issue could be looked into?
    Thanks,
    Zrugite
    Hashhog likes this.
  8. What difficulty are you on? That could be a large factor
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  9. Just a question, sorry if I missed this earlier in the thread, but when will forum names be changed, if at all?
    Hashhog likes this.
  10. I think they get changed as soon as you log -in ingame. :) That's how it seems to be for everyone.
    607 and FDNY21 like this.
  11. My alts are now changed, woo! :D Now I've got to get used to voting on the new names each day...
  12. as said.

NOTE: Likes showing old name is known and can not be fixed. They are cached and its impossible to rebuild it. The name will be updated eventually when something changes about the post, but super old will likely not change and show old name...

thankfully, clicking the name still shows the new name/profile
    jkjkjk182, 607 and CadenMann like this.
  13. This just happened again, the only difference being that this time it was TheApostrophe who spawned the Marlix, though I still killed it. Something has to be wrong. :confused:
  14. Question: It's been said to ensure you vote with your *new* name. I just voted with my old name and it showed up in the rupee history that it registered. Is this by-design and when do we need to make sure we're using new names only?
  15. Having issues myself. 1 Momentus just despawned after it killed me and the other (that was stuck in a tree) didn't spawn any mobs even though I got the message that it did and it dropped nothing at all once I killed it.

EDIT: Sorry I got some tokens only but no drops.
    Hashhog likes this.
  16. I did change difficulty multiple times while attacking it, but it was killed when i was on difficulty 4. There were not any messages saying it has lowered its drops because it couldn't get to me, and my final hit was with a looting 2 sharpness 3 sword. I also lowered its hp with potions of poison. Idk if any of those factors could have affected it or not.
    The last Mometus I killed was also on difficulty 4 and it worked fine then.

Edit: The Momentus didn't spawn any enraged zombies when i was killing it.
  17. You should start voting with your new name as soon as possible, but I think your old name votes will count until someone takes that name. I could be wrong though. Vote with your new name from here on out to make sure.
    607 likes this.
  18. If you change difficulty while in combat, you may be locked into your old difficulty for a while.... I think
  19. Many things will continue to work for old name UNTIL someone else takes over that name.

So, if you keep voting and someone else takes the name, you'll be voting for them so its best to use current name, which is also needed for some vote sites to even let you vote.

There will be no "cutoff" for that feature.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.