Name Changes are here! 8/24/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Use the email you use for Mojang.
    Hashhog likes this.
  2. One thing I noticed still needs updated:

Likes on the forums show the previous name, they need switched.
  3. Already addressed:
  4. 'Never' say impossible, just because something's cache'd doesn't mean it can't be cleared or updated...

Cache'd just means it helps save a file or information on your client or the server to help pages and information load faster than doing lookups each time...

For example:

Sql can use a checkpoint to produce cold buffer cache, then a DBCC DropCleanBuffer to remove the buffers from buffer pool

Files can have the .appcache file be updated which will re-cache (even just updating comments will update this)

---

I'm really surprised the likes aren't using the same recordset system the display names are using.
    Spiritress likes this.
  5. It is Never because no sane person would do it.

To update likes would require rebuilding the like data for every single thread and profile post ever made on EMC, FOR EVERY USER who renames...

Not happening.

XenForo stores likes, name of thread poster, and name of last poster, as their ID AND name, to avoid the need to do a data join to find the users name, as a mean to make the forums faster.
  6. Sorry if this has already been addressed, but does Voter's Gear not reflect name changes? I just noticed this myself after I changed my name. If not, its not a big issue, though it is a problem that some people may be interested in.

Edit: Are old dropped heads the same? Like, they retain the old name? I also changed my skin after name change, so will heads change for that too?
  7. Voter's Armour keeps the old name, I believe that they are working on a separate update that will update the names on those but that would need to be clarified with staff...

As for heads, I believe they keep the name/skin that you used when you got it, so if you change your name then I think you need to get new heads

Read what Kloned said for heads
  8. Heads change name as well afaik. When I was given a Damiensmom11 head it read 'DWmom'. I believe the head info comes from mojang so it would always be the current name.
    FDNY21 and WayneKramer like this.
  9. confirmed

unless you rename your head to your old name i have confirmed that your old heads change their names
    FDNY21 and ThaKloned like this.
  10. Well, my old head has not yet changed name, so is there anything I need to do? Its skin also has not changed, as it still has my old head's skin.
  11. did you already take it down, move it around, etc?

if so, it may be a bug. same thing happened to my Maxarian head, it never updated it's skin either.
  12. I have two Krysyy alt heads that do not have their new name and serveral BurgerKnight heads that read KnightyNight...
    Hashhog and FDNY21 like this.
  13. Same here with my KnightyNight heads and many more of my others, they haven't updated...
    Penguinub likes this.
  14. If its on the wall, it will never change. You need to take it down to let it update. Just pop it in your vault. Should fix it up.
  15. They are all in my vault.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  16. Weird. I know Krysyy mentioned something about some of her heads being spawned into the game as her name doesn't exist in mojang. Maybe that is it?
  17. They're alts. I believe I have a DoctorWho63 head that should be IndigoKrysyy.
    607 and ThaKloned like this.
  18. So, to recap on the voter's gear and name changes: It has not yet happened, and I was wondering if it was going to happen? I understand that if its not possible, than I can live with that. But if it is possible, and especially if its being worked on, I just wanted a staff/dev confirmation? I am not in any hurry, and there are other things that are a little more important than name changes being reflected on voter's gear. But it is something that I am interested in hearing more about.

Thanks to whoever responds to my post!
  19. Can confirm, being worked on.
    Gawadrolt, 607 and ThaKloned like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.