moment of silence

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by iball6119, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Crazy1800 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  2. No. You better regulate who is allowed rocks, and take rocks away from kids who have proven to be incapable of using the rock for its intended purpose.
    Crazy1800 likes this.
  3. SpaceShuttleFan and jkjkjk182 like this.
  4. The word "gun" was in there once, referring to an IRA gunmen, and the word "Shoot" is in only in there once referring to a shooting that killed one and injured two.

So I guess gun limitations will reduce shooting massacres, but replace them with something a lot more dangerous.
  5. yes because instead of holding up the liquor store with guns the robber is going to blow it up
  6. Not at all. Nobody places a bomb in a store and then intends to rob it. They place it to cause damage and hurt people. Shootings can be the same way, but if they plan to hold the place up it's robbery, not terrorism. All the shootings that have been listed by me and others haven't been for personal gain but just to cause as much damage as possible.

"A guy brought a gun to a liquor store and held the place up" is robbery whereas just blowing it up is terrorism.
  7. No. The robber will likely use a knife, if they have no way to get a gun. Due to knives being less lethal, they are more likely to inflict harm to an innocent person. Then they will dispose of the easily replaceable weapon, destroying all evidence. But, they will likely just buy a gun illegally. Crazy is referring to those with the intentions to cause mass harm, not your average city thug.

Edit: Ninja'd:p
    Crazy1800 likes this.
  8. Nah, just use his illegally obtained firearm to hold the law-abiding now-weaponless clerk at gunpoint.

I really didn't want to weigh in on this discussion in any serious measure, but I will say this - "This is the internet, and no matter how well-reasoned your opinion might be, it will not change anyone else's opinion."

On the topic of "moment of silence," well... that's kind of a silly concept when all you're doing is reading text anyway. Unless your browser is dictating to you?
    Twitch1 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  9. Of course I do. In fact Asperger's Syndrome is very similar to Autism. Its sad that he is very anti social but he likes being alone.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  10. This is my 6 year old daughter on 25 December 2012. She has been taught from an early age how to properly handle a weapon and the purpose of knowing how to do so. She knows to never point at a living creature unless you intend to kill it. Be that for food or personal protection. Guns are not toys, they are tools. They are used to accomplish very life changing effects.

She is also very aware of what death is. She has assisted in processing chicken, deer, turkey, fish, pig, squirrel, and snake. She is capable of loading, firing, and clearing a weapon. She is capable of tying a hook to a rod and reel, baiting said hook and then casting it into the water without ensnaring a person with the hook.
    She is also very well versed in tearing down, cleaning and assembling a range of firearms without assistance.

She can handle a knife for the purpose of gutting wild game. She is well aware of what she is doing to the body of the animal she has taken the life from. She does not take pleasure in killing for sport. She was taught never to harm in anger. Only ever attack an aggressor. Never point a weapon at something you do not intend to kill or destroy.

She has put several hundred rounds into targets, without incident.

In addition to all of this, she is very feminine. She is an honor roll student. She is the sweetest, most honest young lady to live in my presence and is loved by her family.

She has some definite potential to suffer some major mental health issues, as both myself and her mother have. In spite of all of that, she is raised with morals. I am certain she will always think critically prior to making a decision, just as myself and her mother do. As well as her grandmother and grandfather (my parents) who raised me with weapons from 4 years old in the same manner as I do and they do for my daughter now.

Notice her finger isn't on the trigger? Yeah, she knows better.

A stupid hoodlum will put their finger on the trigger even before they have intent to use the weapon, hence shooting themselves. Multiple instances of such ignorance are widely available for the individual willing to spend a few moments on Google or Bing or any other search engine...
  11. In my town, I have caught a glimpse of a man being burned to death by a gang of 18 year olds, a woman getting stabbed by her husband, a few months ago a man killed a policeman with a gun and shot himself after leaving a 2 year old with a bullet in his skull, and a few weeks ago somebody was running around with a gun right outside my house. These all happened in 2012. In my little section of my town.
    Oh, and last week, 2 dead bodies were found in a canal and the woods nearby. Their killer has been found, and he is armed, and hasn't been caught yet. This is the only one that's happened in 2013.

I send my weak condolences to you.
  12. Twitch1 likes this.
  13. This is like an exact mirror of my family. My father has taught us from a young age how to handle and fire weapons, whether in hunting or self defense. I would like to point Twitch out as the perfect example of a responsible law abiding citizen, and I wish that everyone would do as he is doing.
    Thanks Twitch
    Edit: your daughter's left handed right, does she ever get hit by ejected shell casings?
    Twitch1 likes this.
  14. Wow, thats awesome. Your 6 year old is way more hardcore than me, and I'm three times as old XD
  15. is it bad that when i read this i literally fell over laughing? xD
    Twitch1 likes this.
  16. you sir, know how to raise a child.
    Twitch1 likes this.
  17. If you so choose, I have no issue with it.
    L0tad likes this.
  18. Why were you laughing...?

19. BOOM!
    images.jpg