moment of silence

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by iball6119, Feb 21, 2013.

1. 1. It would be far easier to shoot the man in the leg than stab him in the leg.
    2. He has a gun....you have a kitchen knife.....good luck.
    3. Many criminals know that homeowners own guns, and this makes it far more intimidating to break into a house, certainly more intimidating that knowing the homeowner is in possession of steak knives.
  2. The problem would be that if they ban firearms, people would still get them illegally.
  3. Sometimes people, in a pure panic, just kill the person. With a knife, you can still kill, but you can stop yourself in the middle of a swing. Once the trigger on a gun is pulled, there is no going back
  4. Why would it matter if you kill him or not, (not to be harsh) but if your going to break into someones home, there is a good possibility you will be shot. The thought of death will deture more criminals than if they knew that you didnt have a gun. Also if he has a gun and you have a gun then the playing field is now level'd otherwise, you my friend would be in a pickle.
    Twitch1, penfoldex, jkjkjk182 and 2 others like this.
  5. There are non lethal ways to take someone down with a gun, but IMHO if they broke into my house they wouldn't be so lucky.
    Twitch1 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  6. Firearms are owned for sport shooting, and for hunting. Im not sure where you are from (country) but in the US, hunting is a big deal here. Sport shooting is just fun. Guns also rake in taxes that are used to preserve wilderness and other protected areas. Now im not one of those "dunt hert de treez mahn!" people, but i enjoy my state parks. Without all these taxes, it would be very difficult for groups to get the funding they need to preserve beautiful parts of nature.
    Twitch1 and Daxter9133 like this.
  7. Anyways, the point of this thread isn't discussing about how to kill a criminal, its for a moment of silence, for the ones who died in these horrible scenes.
  8. Also, the plan that most democrats are proposing is a ban on ARs and high ammo clips, not a ban on shotguns and hand guns.
    Banning firearms is not the answer, but allowing them to be uncontrolled is also not the answer.
  9. Alright...so, fighting in real life is not quite like you may seem to think. Given, I know next to nothing about fighting, but I do know that it is not like it is in video games. For many people, even if you've imagined beforehand how you would take down an intruder like a boss, get a medal, and have girls following you around all over town for how epic you are (okay, maybe not that last part :) ) the fear can be crippling. Also, most people don't actually have the skills required to knife fight, which is actually harder than it looks in movies. It is not that hard to use a gun, and most criminals will flee at just the sight or sound of a firearm.
    Twitch1 likes this.
  10. Could we please stop arguing and get back to the subject? I knew this would happen, and I'd like it to stop. This isn't a thread about gun control, it is about the aftermath of humans deciding to end the lives of others with firearms.
    jkjkjk182, Daxter9133 and penfoldex like this.
  11. LAST TIME POSTING ON THREAD:
    Yes, but some people might be scared of the knockback of the weapon, or have a fear of guns and do not use them. WHat's more simpe than stabbing a guy in the leg/foot? (Or head if there are no other choices)
  12. One more remark and ill be done.
    Sorry but banning guns isnt the answer, those mass shootings occured because the people commiting them had some kind of mental illness. Maybe the answer could be better screening when obtaining a gun and increasing spending on helping the mentally ill.

Edit: just noticed that this comment is about the OP, Yay thread re-railed

Edit:Edit: Sandyhook killer had Asperger's syndrome
    Aurora shooter claimed he has mental illness in court.
    So yes they both did or do have mental illnesses.
    cddm95ace likes this.
  13. Objection! assumes facts, not in evidence. I'm finished now... I will restrain my self
  14. A lot of things are more simple. A lot. But, like Charip said, this has gotten off topic, and I apologize for my part in that, I just enjoy debating.

EDIT: Someone should set up a religion/politics thread were everyone is anonymous and we can all argue to our hearts content without actually developing any issues with specific people. Now that would be interesting. Actually though, that might be better done outside of EMC.
  15. Don't sweat it!
    As most of you know, i LOVE to argue my point (Which is why i'm infamous on EMC ;p)
  16. I was on your side for the Christian thread, but apparently our opinions differ on politics :)
    Daxter9133 likes this.
  17. But that would only take the guns away from people who follow the law.

If your going to kill someone, That's illegal but will you stop if you see that owning the gun is illegal? Of course not. You will just not care if owning the gun is illegal or not because your going to kill a man. Criminals don't follow the law. Murderers don't follow the law. The only thing this would do is take away guns from Law Abiding Citizens.
    Twitch1 and cddm95ace like this.
  18. STAHP. TALKING. ABOUT. HAO. TO KILL. CRIMINALS. K?! Thx.

This thread is meant for a moment of silence for those who died in the killings.
    BilboBaggins23 and Charip like this.
  19. So to reiterate I think part of my statement is irrefutable.

Edit: we are talking about ways to stop it thou right?
    cddm95ace likes this.
  20. Restraining self... So..... Difficult.....