mjnoe70 Just over a year of EMC retrospective

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mjnoe70, Apr 2, 2018.

1. This is quite long, sorry about that...

Looking at my past 1 year and 2 months roughly on EMC I can say I feel it was time well spent. I met many people I'll miss the occassional chat with. I found a community that was very friendly in general, helpful and very much about the server they supported. I saw a very engaging staff with lots of good members. I believe the server is in good hands even though from time to time a person may disagree with one or more things and have the occassional run in.

What would I change about EMC if I could? ...well oddly enough, not a lot. I actually love the set up of the town, waste and wild. I love the protections, options and abilities in the server. I also think the addition of promos with the economy makes someone like me be instantly drawn in.

If I were to be able to offer just a couple notes:
    1) first I'd like to say that the staff application process is hard to deal with. The whole silent treatment and complete don't call us we'll call you is likely why I decided to find a staff experience elsewhere. I can take, "I'm sorry, you don't have..." as a note so I know where I stand over never knowing and not having a way to inquire.
    2) Also I think some of the future items that help keep some around or coming back may have been better off left out from release until closer to available. Sadly I'll never see empires, which I was looking so foward to, as I had wanted to move even further from a spawn.

Some of this may seem simple and normal to many of you but please keep in mind, I purchased minecraft roughly 2 weeks before joining EMC. I not only learned about EMC but about the world of Minecraft. People would talk about 1.7 villager trades and a world before shulker boxes I didn't know existed. While no expert by far I did become pretty darned effective with redstone and created pretty much every auto farm using redstone and villagers possible.

Open for list of events:

- joined on smp9, felt lost but inspired from the towns builds.
    - talked my kid that owned it that got me addicted to join
    - had to move to smp1, dang kids! ...but oh the spawn builds were something to see.
    - met CheckDFX and worked on Jinsue for a couple weeks helping clear some space, gather some materials and work on a huge highway system.
    - got my wife and another daughter to join EMC, made sure they got on smp1.
    - with my own family joining, decided Jinsue wasn't really where I wanted to spend my game time
    - took a boat and travelled 12k from east spawn to found an outpost
    - got my family there with some help to the new outpost location and we built... and built...
    - added several non-family members to the outpost area, including Dochopper32
    - Dochopper and I dug under ocean to build a railway from east spawn to our outpost (find the acacia building just east of east spawn)
    - decided to open a small shop with the stuff I had been gathering... nothing sold!
    - got a tour of Crystaldragon13's crazyness. Quite a thing to see.
    - last child joined us on EMC along with two of their friends.
    - spent a fortune to get us all in adjacent residences.
    - bought a lot of stuff from mart111n only to hear they had been gone a long time. cool a self sustaining mall though.
    - Hello weeh! become a normal morning ritual. Not to mention spending money at weeh's mall.
    - Winner Winner Chicken Dinner, I won firefloor and won the head! It was one of only two times I actually got to play.
    - Updated my shop and the outpost suffers.
    - Went diamond! Woot! Look at that blue name and global chat! Ended up with 7 months of diamond, all paid, money well spent in my opinion.
    - Met my neighbor, super EMC businees pro and likley best customer Gianluca99star.
    - tried to get more into the economics of stuff. started pricing stuff cross servers and joined Azoundria's market place.
    - had troubles finding those dang blue flowers in marshland and while complaining met this EvilToade character who kindly donated 2.5 stacks of them to me! Crazy players anyway.
    - now in about 2 months I started being more active with new players coming in trying to help them get going. It was very enjoyable.
    - bought this auction from a guy named Cardnaction, kinda kept in touch more after that
    - met this Sachrock character through another auction getting some witherskulls. I can say I purchased more of those from him than anyone else.
    - had a bit of an issue on day 100 trying to do a give away. I'll leave the name out but that day almost stopped my EMC time way short. I have to thank ElfinPinapple for helping things get back in the right direction.
    -By now shop is booming and I want to end up like M4ster_M1ner or silken_thread...
    - started using EMC Shopkeeper to track my impact to the EMC economy.
    - Who wins Piwi 2017? Yep, this guy! I get in to a random drawing and got to meet 607 and got one of the most unique items I got while on EMC. It wil be one of the only things I vault.
    - Jump in the politcal forums ring. Found many I agree'd with and many not so much. Sometimes it got a bit heated but in the end I felt everyone was just passionate and we all vented and made sure things were cool in the end. I want to only mention one person out of that as we had many side conversations (as well as what they have done in game is amazing) but while we never saw eye to eye, I appreciated maybe more than any other, God_of_Gods for trying to make me think about things.
    - So to make things fully disclosed at this point I actually apply for staff after about 4 months. I am hopeful but likely what starts my move from EMC...
    - Who is this TomVan something or another and why do they have 100 accounts. Ok, a bit overblown on the alts but none the less got us chatting.
    - started a page for tracking staff head values, please pick it up if anyone is interested, https://empireminecraft.com/threads/price-inquiry-staff-heads.73297/page-3#post-1425192
    - still going strong I grow the shop more and add books. Some odd character and his friends keep buying me out! ...but it got me chatting with and following ShelLuser so it was a good thing.
    - one more expanded the shop and upon doing that felt honored when FadedMartian0 pseudo cloned my layout.
    - got involved with this thing called player of the month which just didn't take off. My thanks to the founder NDubb424.
    - I kill rundercaster at a kill runder event! I did the impossible! So the next even I donated a few items for it as I loved those events. Some of the most fun deaths I've ever had.
    - Wait, who is this hillbillybeastly character? Just from a random post got to meet a cool person. Gave me some awesome stuff including a head, which is one of the other things I am vaulting.
    - Still think this is cool, well done EnderMagic1 https://empireminecraft.com/threads/s2-the-band-of-emc.73022/#post-1354414
    - Learned that Lomax70 has that id for the same reason I am mjnoe70... who'd a known!
    - Got in to horse and llama breeding and learned a lot from who I believe is currently MrAdazahi.
    - move 3 of my residences to 193-195 which were great numbers, moving my storage to my first purchased DDTT.
    - start building 2 builds on 193 and 195 which were intended to eventually be a player shops mall on 193 and my new mall on 195.
    - tear down old shop to create my new builds. Get many complaints about me not having a shop!
    - oops, tear down both builds as I lucked in to 201 and 212, which each were 1 off of spawn and one was near the EMC Pool which I thought was pretty cool and wanted to bring activity back down near it.
    - started to clear 201 for future mall.
    - built an ice rink and was working on decor as well as purchased a dc slime blocks to build a bounce pit on 212.
    - decide to move on from EMC. Donate everything to GRIP to help a great player run group.

I know there are several names I left out, some intentionally and others not for any specific reason other than I'm getting old and my memory is shot. There were so many others I had communications, trades and fun with. I'll miss those occassional chats like Sup Duckie or what brings you to smp1 Cam!

As I walk away from EMC I leave 370th in total xp, almost 2200 forum posts as a distinguished member, referred 7 people, having about 4 million rupees, 300+ dc of goods (not just stone either) and as a rough guess 10 million rupees worth of promos. According to the statistics, I played 1,272 times over 139 days. NOTE: the days are blown way out of proportion due to afking for farms but... I managed to kill 14000 mobs, traded over 25000 times with villagers, travelled over 6000km in all forms, jumped 250000 times (not a type-o, omg) and died 283 times of which I believe 280 were in pvp events. I opened 4000 shulker boxes, 55000 chests, 3000 furnaces, 1000 time for ender chests and 2500 hoppers opened. I never played a note block or a record even though I had several. I set 1 beacon and never ate any cake while on EMC.

I hope that everyone can say no matter their accomplishments or amount of time that they enjoyed themselves while accomplishing it as much as I have. As I leave I will take memories with me of things I've read, things I saw and players I've met. I wish you all as well as the server the best in the future.
  2. Glad to see you accomplished any things on EMC, and I'm sure the warmth of our community will stay with you and your family for a while. If you ever change your mind, you know where to find us! :) We never got to have a real conversation, but... I am sure you are as any other EMC player, unique and kind :)

I wish you the best of luck in the journey that is ahead of you (and your children/family)!
  3. As a fellow Statesmen, I wish you and your family the best luck in all of your future journeys.
    607, Tuqueque and luckycordel like this.
  4. I wish you luck on your journey! Hope you decide to return some day!:D
    607 and Tuqueque like this.
  5. Remember to brush your teeth! :D
    luckycordel and Tuqueque like this.
  6. I know one thing for sure: I'm going to miss you. Your shop had become a favorite with me and a few friends, right up to a point where I could actually remember your name, the res. and could therefor also point others to it. That doesn't happen too often because I normally don't really bother myself with the economy.

When I read this post I'd once again like to urge you to reconsider but I'm also well aware that we've past that stage. We never had long talks (which is obvious considering you're on SMP1 and I live on SMP2) but I can easily tell that you're just as passionate about this game as I am. And I happen to agree with TomVan something and that friend of his ( :D ) that taking a small break could be just the thing.

Since you went a bit public then so shall I.

First, don't get me wrong, I really appreciate what you're doing for GRIP here. And I am most certainly grateful. BUT... I also don't like what lead up to it. I'm not the kind of player who only sees a huge collection of goodies and then gleefully goes crazy over that, I can't help but think about what lead up to all this. That's the kind of player I am; to me (fair) gameplay is worth a lot more than the most expensive promos out there. I never played to become rich, I play to have fun and somehow share that fun with others (but... also in a fair way if it can be helped).

SO we (some GRIP members and me) "did something" :D

I'm still keeping my hopes up that you'll be back someday and if you do then there will definitely be a solid way available to you for getting restarted again. A good number of shulker boxes have been filled with a specific collection of items and those have been stored in my alts (TheOtherShell) enderchest on SMP1. Out of my direct reach, out of harms way and still easily available if need be.

Eventually those can be put to other uses as well (those which we've talked about) but before that they're being kept safe in hopes of your return someday. I've been torn a bit if I should break the news to you or not but I also feel better this way, because throwing this out in public makes it pretty hard for me to go back on this plan, which is just the way I like it :)

We've already started working on the rest and well... there are some good plans, but first things first.

Trust me: you won't be easily forgotten, I'm going to make sure of that. Because I strongly believe in credit where credit's due and your generosity deserves no less. Knowing what happened and the way you handled yourself got you a lot of respect from me.

I really hope you'll find another nice outlet to have some fun on or with, I'm also keeping my hopes up that you might be back on the Empire someday, and yeah. I'm honestly going to miss you.

Best of luck to you mjnoe!

Sincerely, Peter
  7. I wish there were something I could say or do to change your mind about leaving ......

Add me on discord mah friend: Eviltoade#2427

8. Great post, it's really, really nice. :)
    I haven't read most of what's inside the spoiler (yet?), but I did look for Piwi Day, and was very happy with what I found. :D
    Good luck, and have fun. :) And if you wouldn't mind, say Hi to your family from Piwi and I. ;) When you won the giveaway, I was frankly slightly disappointed at first, as I didn't know you. But I am very happy with it now, because it was the start of getting to know you. ^.^ I have really enjoyed seeing you around on the forums, and participating in conversations together. :)
    MoreMoople, haastregt and luckycordel like this.
  9. Posted on your other thread before seeing this one... simply stated.. hope to see you return sometime.
    luckycordel likes this.
  10. Farewell (Is that a thing in English?), I hope too see you back someday :)
  11. I hope wherever life takes you live it to the fullest. I hope you have a good future out there. We will be here when or if you come back so make sure you pop in once in a while. :)
  12. Glad I got to met you mjnoe, you were very patient and kind with me when I first joined EMC. I'll always appreciate that. As of your achievements they all amazing and I wish the best of you. Stay safe and kind friend <3
  13. I know several people have already tried to change your mind about leaving so * sigh *... I guess I will just cross my fingers and hope that you will return one day.

I am so happy that we got the opportunity to work together and get to know each other. Thank you for everything you did for me, and The EMC Community. You have touched many people in game, which ultimately streams into real life. You will not be forgotten by me, or anyone that you have impacted. I promise you that.

You will be missed. I hope our paths cross again some day.
  14. I never really got to chat with you but I want to send you off with a good farewell!!

15. Thank you for all of your amazing contributions to the EMC community. It has been a joy seeing you around forums and in game, even if we didn't ever chat much. I hope you know that you will be missed much! If you ever feel the urge to return, you know where to find us! Best of luck to you in whatever you go forward to do. =)
  16. I don't know what to say yet, but these files aren't done sending yet, and I feel that you deserve a message, so I'll just have to come up with something as I type. :D

It was great and refreshing to have you be a part of the Empire Minecraft community. You were always nice to be around, and often managed to set a smile on my face in one way or another. :)

Seriously though, I felt like you were a bit of a spark put back into smp1, and would like to think that you not only entertained yourself during your stay here, but also helped the server out by adding another positive player to the group. :)

And something specific I'd like to point out, that I'm honestly a bit jealous about - you also invited the rest of your family to come play along on EMC. I love that, and wish I had that opportunity. It's always great to play together, but with your own family via a platform you love? That must be fantastic.

Something I'd like to point out, since you mentioned it multiple times, is your "desire" to have become staff. I think you'd be a great member of the team, but apart from that, I don't think you should see it as personal as it seems like you do. Not all worthy of becoming a staff member actually get that opportunity, and you might have been up for discussion for the next round. But even if you don't become a staff member, it doesn't mean you're not a valuable and great member that can have loads of fun on the Empire. I'll use an example everyone recognises: Shell isn't a staff member, yet he still really likes to help out people in whichever way he can, and he has loads of fun (source: see some of his posts. ;)). That's just an example of many good members that have fun and help out others, without being on the staff team. You were also one of those, until you left, and I don't think this quality has left you at all. ;)

Another thing I'd like to mention is your great economic activity! You should be proud of what you achieved, especially as such a "young" (in days played on EMC, that is ;)) player. Your shop has helped out many others, and even convinced me to buy some stuff. ;)

That isn't the only thing you will be remembered for, though. You'll also be remembered for your somewhat quiet but there when you need it presence on smp1, and for all the help you've given, for the nice conversations, and for muchmore. I'll definitely miss you.

Either way, you've had a good time here, and it was great having you. Have fun, whichever directions you decide to go in, but I think I'm not alone in saying that I wouldn't mind seeing you back here in the future. ;)

You'll always be welcome back on smp1. :)

Kindest regards,

Your fellow smp1er,

"TomVan something or another" ;)

Tom
    607, Jelle68, luckycordel and 2 others like this.