Lets Talk EMC about GID!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by finch_rocks_1, Aug 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krysyy was natured
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  2. It's off topic because the post is not nature vs nurture. The post is about GID and facts that some people may not know as well as finch's personal experience in the matter. Taking that and turning it into a debate that no one will win because it is based off personal beliefs is off topic and rude to the OP who created the post to bring a bit more light to the situation for those players that may not understand the other side of things.

If you don't agree with what is said, then you can respectfully not post.
  3. Let's discuss the matter of what is relative here somewhere else please. This side discussion is taking up half the thread :confused:
    ShelLuser and Penguinub like this.
  4. When I get home, I am going to ask a small clean up.

Also this thread is from sources that have been studied and they are from doctors and doctors with PhD's. Look at the source area. I will comment more when I am not on my cell. But this thread is for educational purposes only and learning. Not debates and fighting.
  5. Please stop. I don't want debates all my sources are from people who have spent year's of research and studies.

I do not want any debates on this thread. If you have a question about go ahead. I am going to keep getting the debates deleted. I want to educate people more on the topic.
    We3_Nub_, ShelLuser, tuqueque and 2 others like this.
  6. Finch send me a PM with the specifics of the clean up. Thanks.
    We3_Nub_, 607, SSRCcorp and 6 others like this.
  7. Finch, I have a bit to say but the first is.. Thank you! I am sitting here in tears thinking of those that are affected and what that means to them in their lives. This was so wonderful of you to do.
    Ok, I've changed my mind... I have far to much to say on the subject of letting people be who they are and this is not the place but again Thank you for the thread.

~namast~
    (Loosely translated- "The holy in me respects and honors the holy in you")
    We3_Nub_, 607, TsuriNeko and 5 others like this.
  8. I just got drug in to this thread when my 8 year old want me to explain this to them. I much would have rather introduced this subject to my child on my own terms, not from them reading a game forum. Thanks for the warning that that these kind of subject are discussed on mumble so i can block it from my children's use.
    Gawadrolt, ShelLuser and ChamelonNYC like this.
  9. In response to this:
    Is there any way a staff member could put some sort of tag in the title for something along the lines of "Contains subject matter that may be inappropriate for Young Children?" Or something like that?

EDIT: I realize now that this may not be possible because the point of EMC is to keep the entirety family friendly. This would go against that ruling, but it would be nice to have a warning for parents.
    We3_Nub_ likes this.
  10. those subjects were spoken about in the pg-13 rooms where your child shouldnt be in anyways if she is not of age. additionally if you havent spoken about how some kids are different she is going to find out rather soon, its your own fault for being negligent in a real world issue. if this was a topic about fires being hot would we be to blame cause your daughter touched fire and got burned? no.

im glad you are blocking mumble cause i yell at bigots and im in there all the time
    FadedMartian0, We3_10AC, 607 and 5 others like this.
  11. 'Tis true
  12. All of EMC is considered PG, not PG-13. Not getting into an argument here, just staying.
    We3_Nub_ and Gawadrolt like this.
  13. I do allow people to ask questions, but a Debate in the way it went 2 times now, That is not asking questions. Both times, were people saying their opinions (Not Questions).
  14. except the pg-13 rooms in mumble that say (pg-13) and have a disclaimer
  15. We3_Nub_ and 607 like this.
  16. This thread has taken a course way off it's original intention.
    The thread was created with the purpose of offering a small insight into something many people may not know. There are plenty of public media sources that talk about GID, sexual preference, etc so stating that this is a problem to be on the Empire Minecraft forums publicly is an irrational statement. We wish only to foster an environment of tolerance among our players and allow them to converse with others in a constructive manner.

This thread will be locked, not due to its content, but due to the players' inability to handle this topic with respect for each other and their beliefs. I was hoping that this thread would be different than others, but it is clear that we are not at a point where we can allow such controversial discussions without players making insults towards one another. Maybe one day that will change, but we have more social growth to undergo before that will happen.

On a final note, yes we have a mumble channel that does have a PG-13 section. If you are not 13, then do not enter the channel. Enough said.
    FadedMartian0, We3_10AC, 607 and 13 others like this.
  17. I'm not sure I can like this comment enough... and No, it's not because Krysyy said it, it's because it was said ..and so well.
    We3_Nub_, 607, jkjkjk182 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.