Lets Talk EMC about GID!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by finch_rocks_1, Aug 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I like how finch always uses perfect punctuation. and never messes up,
  2. This is an incredibly important topic (one that everyone needs to be educated about), but I feel that the symptoms section doesn't fit here. That seems more like something that should be listed on professional medical website/forum.

Self diagnosis is a risky deal in any situation. Self diagnosis in a situation like this can help people find out things, but it can also cause stress and anxiety. I think a link to a more professional forum/community would be more appropriate.:)

The information you provided is immensely important. I would like to thank you for taking the time and effort into putting it into one place. :)
  3. I find it terrible how people call you out on Mumble and on some forums just for being who you really are. I have respect for the way that people are and everyone should be able to have that same respect and love people for who they really are.

I'll be honest, I did think that this thread was going to be on EMC, but even so it does touch upon (in detail, might I add) to a very important topic and it is good to get the awareness out there. Block out the people that don't accept you for who you are because those people are disrespectful. Thank you, Finch, and I hope that you're doing well!
  4. [EDIT] I think that you can always rely on finch to find a topic that is important and interesting.
    This is a difficult thread for many people on the Internet for many different issues.
    1) Religion- Some people's religion dissuade this type of choice. I am sure that there are many support groups to help with things that follow, such as shunning, bullying, helping with transitioning, etc.
    2) Family Values- Families of LGBTs will disregard the person who has the ideas that they are, in fact, LGBT, and tell them that they are insane.

I, myself, am neutral on this topic. I believe that people should be treated the same, no matter what. I believe that if a person makes someone happy, that person reserves the right to spend the life with that person if they so desire.
    I am against Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner, because in my opinion, she did it as a sort of popularity thing. She "earned" the award for courage in exchange for an interview. I would have been fine if it was any LGBT person on the stage, I just am against Caitlyn because it was rigged. There are plenty of more courageous people (as stated above, I am neither for nor against LGBT) like Emergency personnel, First responders, soldiers, etc. who could have been up on that stage.
    I believe that everyone is human, and there is nothing that anyone can do to change that, no matter what decisions that person makes.

(Sorry for typos, I am typing in a small screen on a mobile)
    finch_rocks_1 likes this.
  5. Salmatic and finch_rocks_1 like this.
  6. I clicked on this expecting an AMA, lol...
  7. Thank you, I hope this will educate people about this topic further and they will be able to understand the topic more.

I have indeed got many nasty remarks in Mumble to the point where when they joined the channel, i would have to leave the channel. I have reported it to staff and they took care of it, but the people still have it come up, and there are new people each day.

I reserved a few posts as i will be adding more on the Suicide and Attempted Suicide side of this topic. I will also be adding some more information about depression and all that goes upon with this topic when people receive these remarks from others.

I am Glad you liked it. :) I Will also be posting some good shows that are current as well, as well as books.

And I have the multi post as i kept hitting the word limit haha.
    crystaldragon13, ShelLuser and FDNY21 like this.
  8. Don't worry finch we've got your back here. ;)

I guess I would fall into "other," being asexual.

Edit: I understand completely finch. A real life friend is a male to female pansexual person.
  9. Very well explained i believe your fighting for a great cause and that its one persons life and no one else's. Let your life be yours Finch choose your own destiny
  10. Honestly, Being gay I know the struggle and I'm just really Really Proud of you right now finch_rocks_1
  11. I don't think sexual orientation is genetic. No one in my family is asexual or biromantic, only me. So I am either a mutant =P or it isn't genetic.
  12. I'll read this this tomorrow morning,
    Wow just wow how much you typed as an informatieon-freak (or anyway somebodey who wants to know as much as posseble) I think, cause that, That you like the thing were you're writing anout or anyway, you think it's interesting. And That makers me think again That it Will very interesting for me :D

EDIT: read
  13. I understand the point of this, as i support everyone and anyone, but this doesn't belong on a Minecraft Forum.
    battmeghs and Gawadrolt like this.

14. I want a Work Cited from the Op for the graphs and other information. Also Wikipedia doesn't count as a source only creditable sources.
  15. Alright this is getting off topic. this is not a thread about religion.
  16. Did you write everything yourself, or are some parts copied from elsewhere?
    Do you agree or disagree with the post from EMC at the bottom of the second post?
    I looked at the symptoms, and I don't think I have GID. Probably good, as I can imagine having it/being diagnosed with it would cause quite a lot of tension.

Edit: I mean, I don't feel isolated, I think... why is that a symptom anyway? What's causing the isolation?
  17. I am still working on the cites as well as more information. And I don't use Wikipedia.
  18. Did not want to learn that. I thought this was about EMC...
    battmeghs likes this.
  19. I have to say, I think this is entirely your opinion. We are not simply a "Minecraft Forum" but we're more of an ever-growing community and family. It's important to discuss these sorts of topics in an appropriate and mature manner to younger people, older people, really anyone who doesn't understand.

My own grandmother was very transphobic, muttering "The world's gone mad" when Caitlin did her interview. I sat down with her, and had a very mature, understanding talk. I didn't belittle her, or her faith, I explained the facts and answered any questions. She understands now that she doesn't feel like she's waking up in the wrong body every day, but there are some people who do, and we don't need to make it any harder for them than it already is.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.