Lets Talk EMC about GID!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by finch_rocks_1, Aug 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes Mr melon.
  2. Cleaned up by request of OP but like The Archduke of the Melons please stay on topic. If you really want to talk about Start a convo with each other and debate/talk about it there. :D
    We3_Nub_ and finch_rocks_1 like this.
  3. I agree we are a large community and family, but i see no reason for this to be on a Forum of Minecraft.
    battmeghs likes this.
  4. Thank you, :)

Thank you for your support, :)

It says Genetic, as its in your DNA, not something that you can change. It is something that could be passed down, but not 100% passed down.

what you are saying is someone thought they where gay, but most people are born with it. When you are born with it, you can not change who you are. There is also Bi (When someone likes both men and women) so they could be this. And not to rain in, not going to comment on the Religious part, going to try and strain away from that on this topic.

This belongs here as people who play games need to be educated, and needs to stop players who harass players, as i have been one that has been harassed on many aspects for being who i real am.

Thank you, I would like to keep Religion Topics off this thread as it is not the right place. It is also not up to date with our culture and needs to be changed.

We are not blaming it on Religion, we are just saying how there have been so many people in the bast being banned from churches and religions for who they are. (Look it up in the news).

Please keep this a Religion Free Debate Thread!
  5. It isn't 2005 anymore. Wikipedia is 99% reliable.

I love to see people learn about things when they are using prejudice before-hand.
    We3_Nub_ likes this.
  6. Did you know...

The "Amygdala" is the part of your brain that helps process emotions, and an amygdala observed in
    homosexual males is smaller and of the same size as heterosexual females? This is also seen in homosexual females, where the amygdala is larger and of the same size as heterosexual males.

This suggests that we are in fact BORN this way, and our brains develop accordingly.

The more you know!
    [ source ]
  7. Even if it is 99% reliable, most teachers/professors still do not credit it as a credible source. However, there is still that 1% chance that someone just edited the document.
    The sources that are stated at the bottom of the wiki. page are credible, and can therefore be used.
    battmeghs and Spiritress like this.
  8. The reason why teachers and professors still do not credit it are because they all still live in 2005...

Wikipedia is, in pretty much all cases, a reliable source, but just thought that I'd put that out there. :p
    We3_Nub_, SoulPunisher and Spiritress like this.
  9. Wrong. They don't credit Wikipedia because they don't want you to get all your info from one site. It has nothing to with its credibility.

Anyways.. Back on topic now.
    FadedMartian0, We3_10AC and 607 like this.
  10. Wiki is a generalization of a desired topics from other sources who are credible. Even they said themselves they aren't creditable because they are open to anonymous and collaborative editing. Although Wiki staff fixes pages that have false information pretty quick. Its the very reason why it isn't creditable source. Anyways lets get back topic at hand you three can start convo with me but losing battle cause if done research paper in High School or University there is no buts,ifs about it.. can't be used as a reliable source.
  11. Schools don't accept wikipedia and I understand that, they don't here in England either, I just wanted to say that all teachers live in 2005 to be honest...

Anyway, back on topic now, apologies. :)
    We3_Nub_ likes this.
  12. I Honestly dont think that has happen, As i have been playing for over 2 years and have never been. And if you have you should report that player and not have to deal with him/her anymore.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  13. I have reported them and there are several players on mumble that can vouch for me, Staff even knows and seen it, But i am not listing any names, and I have got it in PM's to Forum Posts, to Mumble.
    SSRCcorp and crystaldragon13 like this.
  14. This is not a debate about Wikipedia. So please keep it on topic
  15. Finch, could you please answer my questions here?
  16. I'm not Finch but I'm going to try and answer number four for you anyway. I am not expert on any of this, I'm just someone who might have the answer.

I would assume that, since GID is more like a disorder resulting from social consequences of dysmorphia, the isolation stems from the negative reactions to it, or if bottled up, the stress of hiding such an integral part of ones identity back (combined with the stress of holding any secret) and being unable to express it would also be isolating. The dysmorphia itself could also result in isolation.

Honestly, I'd wait for Finch to confirm or dispute what I said here, as while I did quite a bit of research on the topic, that was a long time ago, so my details are rusty.
    By the way, for your third statement, I would advise against self-diagnosis, which is generally regarded as A Very Bad Thing™. Seek out a proper diagnosis if you really think so (even though you said you didn't, it just doesn't hurt to throw out the warning).
  17. This topic is one that goes very against many peoples religions and is the only relation they would have to the subject being discussed as many cannot understand for the life of them why people would want to do such a thing. I only saw one post saying anything about religion and it only commented that religion was used as a means to an end. It was definitely relative to the subject as his main point was about someone he knew that was of an "alternative sexual preference." I didnt get to the posts after this one just yet.

Edit: I see the thread was "cleaned up"

I didn't read through the volumes of posts finch posted but I am sorry you are being bullied in EMC, if you are. It seems to me that most players are very accepting of how you have decided to live your life. I'm sure there are those that don't. Its just too bad that they cant realize that if they were open about their own lives that they would probably have plenty of things that other people would disagree with.
    FadedMartian0 and Dr_Chocolate like this.
  18. I would like to point out that the clinical diagnosis for GID when applied to anything else woudlnt be one of a disorder but an opinion that someone is what they claim to want to be. So I am indeed the greatest bounty hunter the empire has ever seen, by clinical diagnosis.
    DH32 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.