Length of Voucher Redemption

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by fadedmartian, Oct 16, 2020.

1. +1. If what is posted can't be accommodated, change what is posted.

Edit: Unfortunately I believe this has been suggested before, and at the time was said this was not an appropriate reaction. Hopefully things have changed.
    MrCDub, iUlti, AltiPig and 3 others like this.
  2. im bumping this, as it's important to me and those who have commented-- otherwise they wouldn't have bothered to comment.

this needs some answering.... or correction on the timeframe.
  3. I haven't redeemed a voucher recently so I don't know what you are experiencing. Is the 24-48 hours things too long for you, or is it that the redemption process is taking more than 48 hours?
  4. it is consistently taking longer than 48 hours. if its no longer possible to be redeemed in 24-48 hours, the google form needs to be changed.
  5. Let's wait until your supportership has been activated... :p

Yes, this is against the rules. It's not quite clear, but I'm almost certain this falls under rule 6.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  6. Makes sense. Cant say ive ever seen it enforced for this specific instance, but yeah rest of the points hold either way
    FadedMartian likes this.
  7. Someone, I think it was AlexChance but I could be mistaken, once got permission to auction off a Diamond Supportership, which went for many millions. Under normal circumstances selling supporterships was not allowed, until the introduction of the supportership vouchers.
    Bunjimon likes this.
  8. I believe that supporter vouchers are taking 1 week as a rule for the last 2 months.

Since Kryssy does not work directly on the update to 1.16, then this should not be a mitigating issue with the time needed. I suspect that there is a security reason as to why they cannot be automated for redemption and why staff has not discussed the issue on this thread.

If we knew more about how it worked, then there might be more ways around the security <-- so there are some questions that we will not get answered.
    607 and FadedMartian like this.
  9. So I can tell you from both sides of experience...In the last 3 months, I've got a total of 4 vouchers for myself and alt. Very first voucher took 9 days and I was growing in patient with each day, but second time around I expected a longer time frame because of the holidays but it only took one day.
    Now, suggestion...Make the voucher right click about just like the derelict. I dont see any reason why this is the same with the supporter voucher. Yes, many people might say a glitch can happen...bla bla bla. But, it is being done on a far more expensive item, no reason it shouldn't be the way on supporter.
    Nickblockmaster, 607 and FadedMartian like this.
  10. automating redemption is on my todo list here soon now 1.16 is out of the way.
  11. The God has spoken
    Stnywitness likes this.
  12. Reminds me of 2019 when a friend of mine waited many months for his supporter vouchers to be redeemed. Also reminds me of 2018 and 2019 when it took multiple weeks for my own vouchers to be redeemed.
  13. The delay of 'months' doesn't happen unless they didn't follow instructions, so I call B.S. there. If the voucher isn't in the vault, it will not be redeemed. If the person does not fill out the form, it will not be redeemed. I track each and every voucher submission so I could actually tell you the time with the name and month. The max it takes is a week and a half and we're working to change that with auto-redemption while ALSO making sure we verify the vouchers to prevent duplication issues scamming EMC out of supportership funds.

Remember automatic activation of supporter is available by not using a voucher. We still see many people using vouchers within a day of buying them instead of using the proper method.
  14. Tell that to Williesd952002. He told me he was waiting for something that was voucher-related and it took months for it to take effect.

Nevertheless, I'm glad that Aikar might automate this. :)
    TheFryedmans likes this.
  15. Voucher-related may have been something else entirely. With more details, I could find the exact info but this doesn't sound like it's necessarily the same type of redemption.

edit: willies has no submissions in all of 2019 via the form so likely something else
  16. You do that. :p

Glad to hear this issue will be resolved.
  17. I know I was once told that the converting form is no longer checked - the one that you use to turn two gold vouchers into a diamond voucher. Could've been that.
    TomvanWijnen and FadedMartian like this.
  18. We obsoleted it at one point and I remember people still finding it, so possibly.
    607 likes this.
  19. I love the converting form. If it isn't checked anymore, I think it should be reinstated, because it's quite important, and will become more important when we get automatic voucher redemption.
    FadedMartian and Nickblockmaster like this.
  20. You can always trade with players for it :)