Length of Voucher Redemption

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by fadedmartian, Oct 16, 2020.

1. That would be the alternative, yes - but I do wonder how many people would give me a diamond supporter voucher when I offer them four iron supporter vouchers. :p But maybe there are more players willing to trade than I think, I don't know.
  2. Since finding out that form isn't checked, I've always just put the 4 vouchers in my vault and left the special instructions in the redemption instructions.
  3. #blameaikarsales
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  4. so even if we PM you, you will no longer convert vouchers? am i understanding your comments correctly?
  5. I will use multiple vouchers to activate immediately. I will not convert and return back to you. You can also blame those people who chose to abuse the process...
    607 and Ochres like this.
  6. Yeah, that works, but not if the process is (finally...) automated. :p

I have no clue what you mean with peoole abusing the process, but I genuinely have 4 iron vouchers that I each got at a different time, that I might eventually want to turn into a diamond supportership for one of my accounts.
    607 and FadedMartian like this.
  7. This is silly. You will no longer convert vouchers cause someone decided to abuse the process, but you have previously said that you were manually confirming vouchers when you redeem them... so my question is what might they have abused with the process if they are individually checked? There was no communication on this policy change.
  8. Since when did this the voucher exchange happen? This is new to me as well
  9. Sales on vouchers leading to uneven exchanges was the problem. The sales on the website mess up the ability for an even exchange and people were abusing the process to essentially get more than they paid for. We have been and are willing to still activate a supportership with 4 iron, etc as a compromise. We just aren't doing the turn around and give you back a diamond voucher item for 4 iron, etc, which was causing the most abuse for stocking shops.
    607 likes this.
  10. Well, that's what the sales were, it's not a sale if you don't get more than what you would've paid for regularly... :p And the fact that some vouchers were worth more than others (specifically [EDIT: *especially] gold vouchers) never made sense in my opinion.
  11. I don't think you quite understand. I mean the balance of the standard exchange rate of:
    4 iron = 2 gold = 1 diamond
    Was no longer valid due to some sales. So yes, being cheaper than normal is fine because it is a sale, it being a sale THEN being exchanged and abusing the actual system to get even more value is what is wrong. Exchange at shops all you wish. EMC will just no longer be a part of scamming itself.
    UltiPig likes this.
  12. I might still be misunderstanding, but (1*N_IRON + 2*N_GOLD + 4*N_DIAMOND) * 5 ÷ TOTAL_PRICE = 1$ without sales, and with sales it should progressively (!) as the amount spent goes up get higher (e.g. 25 bucks for 1I 1G 1D would be 35/25 = 1.4, so you got 1.4 times your money's worth in vouchers). If it didn't go progressively then yes, you could buy a cheaper sale for more result.

(maybe I'm overthinking this and still not understanding you, but I felt like sharing that formula anyways. :p)
    FadedMartian likes this.
  13. The sale makes some vouchers not fit that formula =P (that's the problem)
    FadedMartian likes this.
  14. Ahhh I see, so its more of a market stability measure than someone trying to turn in some fake/ or compromised vouchers. Makes sense, I appreciate it :)